Post Vs Arkansas Thread

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Hank isn’t a P5 QB. Thorne at least obliterated this Arky team last year. I don’t see him throwing 3 first half picks as egregious as Hank’s were either. 

He literally did it 2 weeks ago.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

He literally did it 2 weeks ago.

Yeah I watched the game. One of those was, again Cam, and the rest were his expected bad decision making.

Neither of the guys we have at 1-2 on the depth chart inspire confidence, but Thorne has experience beating P5 competition and brings more to the table. 

I still think Hugh made a calculated decision this year regarding the roster “surrounding” the QB that precluded him breaking the bank for one. 

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Saban lost to LaMo early in his Bama tenure and Kirby lost to Vandy.

Neither of that teams had the roster deficits we had. 

Both of those losses were in Year 1 and both coaches still finished with a winning record. 

In year 2, Saban went 12-2 and Kirby went 13-2. 

This is my entire point. Elite coaches show it in year 2. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, cbo said:

Both of those losses were in Year 1 and both coaches still finished with a winning record. 

But they weren’t in the holes we were either. Kirby followed Richt and Saban followed Shula, who recruited well enough.

Hugh followed Harsin. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yeah I watched the game. One of those was, again Cam, and the rest were his expected bad decision making.

Neither of the guys we have at 1-2 on the depth chart inspire confidence, but Thorne has experience beating P5 competition and brings more to the table. 

He brings experience for sure but definitely lacks passing capabilities. It just seems to taje Thorne too long to get through progressions.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

He brings experience for sure but definitely lacks passing capabilities. It just seems to taje Thorne too long to get through progressions.

He’s a caretaker at best, and this is his final year. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I still think Hugh made a calculated decision this year regarding the roster “surrounding” the QB that precluded him breaking the bank for one. 

You may be correct but we are way past that decision block.

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

No no, Gus’s recruiting from 4 years ago lost this game lol. 

We’ve been chasing Alabama’s success since Saban ran Tubs off, and have made 15 years worth of average  hires, two based on if they ever beat Saban.  Instead of grabbing someone after Tubs for the long haul, we went with bargain basement hires that we still ended up paying 3 salaries during one stretch.

Yeah, we got one NC and another appearance…and that is all.  That. Is. All.

We’re in a hell of a hole because of it. Auburn Auburning. It’s a thing.

Edited by Swamp Eagle

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

I was think he is arguing for the sake of it. Deep down he has to know there is a difference.

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

To be fair there are a fair number of programs that would kill for that. 

• Like 1

Just now, e808 said:

I was think he is arguing for the sake of it. Deep down he has to know there is a difference.

I spelled it out next post. Our deficits were deeper than either of those programs. 

All I hear is excuse after excuse....I really hope he finds some magic pixie dust and turns it around but its not going to happen in year 3 either imho, I just do not see it happening.

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

To be fair there are a fair number of programs that would kill for that. 

Vandy, Miss st, UAB 

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

You may be correct but we are way past that decision block.

I am not ready to call him wrong. Could have broken the bank for Cam Coleman only to see him get rekt. 

• Like 1

Just now, TigerOne said:

Vandy, Miss st, UAB 

Oh. You’re stupid.

Good to know you’re not worth paying attention to. 

10 turnovers cost us 2 losses.  It’s just that simple.  Keep it reasonable (like maybe 2 turnovers per game) and we win them both and it’s a whole different feeling about this team.   Thorne actually provided a spark in the second half.  His interception hit the receiver right in the hands and he was off to the races if he caught it.  Sometimes stuff like that happens .  It’s not a reason to can the coach.  Recruiting is going exceptionally well and it’s just a matter of time till we are winning again.  Sometimes you just gotta keep on keeping on. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Just watched Cam Ward throw a backdoor rope for a smooth TD.

giphy.gif

Wait Hugh said he wasn’t worth it !!!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, weagl1 said:

10 turnovers cost us 2 losses.  It’s just that simple.  Keep it reasonable (like maybe 2 turnovers per game) and we win them both and it’s a whole different feeling about this team.   Thorne actually provided a spark in the second half.  His interception hit the receiver right in the hands and he was off to the races if he caught it.  Sometimes stuff like that happens .  It’s not a reason to can the coach.  Recruiting is going exceptionally well and it’s just a matter of time till we are winning again.  Sometimes you just gotta keep on keeping on. 

Right we will get them next year....

1 minute ago, weagl1 said:

I agree but still feels awful.

It’s harder to be this damn bad than it is to be good . I mean I can’t believe it 

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

We’ve been chasing Alabama’s success since Saban ran Tubs off, and have made 15 years worth of average  hires, two based on if they ever beat Saban.  Instead of grabbing someone after Tubs for the long haul, we went with bargain basement hires that we still ended up paying salaries during one stretch.

We’re in a hell of a hole because of it. Auburn Auburning. It’s a thing.

The reality though within the last 14 years to not include this year there haven’t been many teams that played in the championship. I will repeat this until  I turn blue in the face. Should have given Gus one more year and then fired him . Fired him then was hoping for a good coach on a budget 

16 minutes ago, cbo said:

Gus destroyed Arkansas pretty much every year. He's been gone for 4 years. How can you possibly blame this performance on Gus at this point?

Well he should have lost his last matchup vs ARK when Bo couldn’t spike a ball right and the refs bailed him out. 

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

It’s harder to be this damn bad than it is to be good . I mean I can’t believe it 

Its ok, just wait till next year...CHF will have them winning next year.....

Or maybe thats year 4 but you can bet that at some point he will have us back ..