Post Vs Arkansas Thread

Just now, TigerOne said:

Freeze is a salesman and con man. Not a coach especially at this level. The good thing for him is Auburn’s level continues to drop and he’s a guaranteed millionaire. Best gig anyone can have, Auburn head coach 

Ffs everyone who knows me knows just how outraged I was when we hired Freeze in the first place.

But I know he wants to win and I know we are people aren’t giving him the opportunity by calling for his head at this point. 

• Like 3

How did we get worse than last year? WR position is better overall but pretty much everything else seems worse. The defense and offense is infuriating to watch now. Crazy amount of turnovers, bad play calling on both sides of the ball. 

• Like 2

Just now, AUDub said:

Thorne starting would have won today. 

Please don't let those drives fool you like it would have been like that the whole game. Film study on Thorne and you'll easily adjust to him

Just now, tigerrules said:

Ok. I am done for tonight. Sorry about the tone, I am just a bit raw right now. 

War  Eagle

I’m done as well. This team is just depressing. 

• Like 1

Just now, fishepa said:

Disagree. Thorne is terrible 

He locks in on one receiver , never checks the others 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

Disagree. Thorne is terrible 

Thorne is serviceable. He had a bad, bad game against Cal.

Yanking him was an error. 

1 minute ago, Mkvl04 said:

Please don't let those drives fool you like it would have been like that the whole game. Film study on Thorne and you'll easily adjust to him

He romped on this Arky team at their house last year. 

26 minutes ago, AUDub said:

it’s year 2 of a massive overhaul and rebuild. 

We should at the least be seeing some improvement though. I'm seeing none.

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

We should at the least be seeing some improvement though. I'm seeing none.

We’re still incomplete. 

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Ffs everyone who knows me knows just how outraged I was when we hired Freeze in the first place.

But I know he wants to win and I know we are people aren’t giving him the opportunity by calling for his head at this point. 

Same here. I was mad we hired him, but we did it anyway. Got to give him time. We gave Gus 8 years and yanked the plug on Harsin because he can’t recruit. We have to give Hugh time even though it’s been terrible for us. Imagine how easy for others to recruit against us — if Hugh somehow can manage to keep a top 5 recruiting class with how abysmal and awful we look, there’s something about his vision that apparently works with the high schoolers and donors.

Edited by AUDynasty

2 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

Ok. I am done for tonight. Sorry about the tone, I am just a bit raw right now. 

War  Eagle

I'm going to get my football fix by watching a well coached team that performs, Tenn.

Not a Vols fan, but they are playing good and exciting football.

War Eagle Brother!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We’re still incomplete. 

Freeze gets one more year from me based on recruiting and the dearth of talent he inherited. Next year, if we're having this discussion, he's gone imo.

Never wanted him. Didn't care that we hired him. I just hoped he'd win games.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

12 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Man the lengths some will go to to defend a QB that threw 3 bad first half INTs lol. 

It’s not the lengths. It’s the truths. Hank is a redshirt freshman. Thorne is a 5 year guy. We have a pretty big sample size from him. Then u talking about feeling in the gaps. I guarantee u in the team overall rankings Auburn leads New Mexico ,  Cal and Arky significantly. U shouldn’t need UGA type talent to overcome poor coaching and scheme. This team has no discipline and not well prepared 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

He romped on this Arky team at their house last year. 

Peep what I said. Film. 

Year 2 with film on him with us, he's not going to romp any decent team this season. It's the reason why Cal had him throw like 7 INT

Just now, AUDynasty said:

he can’t recruit

Worse. He *didn’t* recruit.

People are going to bag on me for saying that, say stuff like “lol he’s blaming Harsin.” But that’s not in error. Taking a day off for one year, much less multiple years on recruiting has long term ripple effects that result in where we are right now.

Hugh inherited a mess, and it takes far longer to fix it than tear it down. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cbo said:

Yes, but you are supposed to look better in year 2. We are much worse. We are looking at 4 or 5 wins. That's unacceptable. 

Harsin left huge gaps, which is why we shouldn't expect 8 or 9 wins this season. But we should expect to beat Cal and Arkansas. 

Where are you guys finding our 5th win? Lol

• Haha 2

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Where are you guys finding our 5th win? Lol

My rare brand of optimism haha

There has to be one game where the turnovers randomly go our way, right? No? Probably not. 

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

It’s not the lengths. It’s the truths. Hank is a redshirt freshman. Thorne is a 5 year guy. We have a pretty big sample size from him. Then u talking about feeling in the gaps. I guarantee u in the team overall rankings Auburn leads New Mexico ,  Cal and Arky significantly. U shouldn’t need UGA type talent to overcome poor coaching and scheme. This team has no discipline and not well prepared 

Playing musical chairs at QB screwed us today.

Thorne is better than Hank. Just deal with it. 

22 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

If he doesn't start showing some results on the field recruits will bail.  Top players want to win.  Auburn has to demonstrate that they can win the games they ought to win.  We are NOT doing that this year.

Top players want money, playing time, and TV time.

30 minutes ago, AUDub said:

it’s year 2 of a massive overhaul and rebuild. 

Yeah thats what everyone keeps saying but its pretty obvious that at least currently CHF can't coach, he is clearly over his head. It was CHF decision to forego a portal QB, it was CHF to hire new coordinators. The team looks undisciplined and just flat out sloppy. 

Not sure why so many think if he has more time that the results will be different. At least for me seeing how a coach does WHEN he has less talent shows me if he can coach and make lemonade out of lemons. CHF in the last 2 years has shown just the opposite, all he does is make excuses...right now outside of recruiting he is no better than Harsin.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bishoptf said:

Yeah thats what everyone keeps saying but its pretty obvious that at least currently CHF can't coach, he is clearly over his head. It was CHF decision to forego a portal QB, it was CHF to hire new coordinators. The team looks undisciplined and just flat out sloppy. 

Not sure why so many think if he has more time that the results will be different. At least for me seeing how a coach does WHEN he has less talent shows me if he can coach and make lemonade out of lemons. CHF in the last 2 years has shown just the opposite, all he does is make excuses...right now outside of recruiting he is no better than Harsin.

I trust Hugh has a longer term plan.