Post Vs Arkansas Thread

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Good grief. How much patching she he have to do to beat Arky, Cal and NMST?

We should be beating these types of teams. Us not beating them isn’t a talent thing.

Auburn still has gaps that seriously hinder us. QB is the glaring one, but there are plenty of others. 

24 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I still think a lot of gaps from potato man have yet to have been filled. 

Yeah but let’s start filling them. We beat Cal and Arkansas last year. At their places. Pretty clear objective markers that we’re a worse team. We are getting worse.

• Like 6

The refs were absolutely abysmal. Almost criminally bad.

That said, if we don’t turn the ball over a half dozen times, we win. Just like Cal. It’s maddening. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, AUDub said:

it’s year 2 of a massive overhaul and rebuild. 

Yes, but you are supposed to look better in year 2. We are much worse. We are looking at 4 or 5 wins. That's unacceptable. 

Harsin left huge gaps, which is why we shouldn't expect 8 or 9 wins this season. But we should expect to beat Cal and Arkansas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, AUght2win said:

Yeah but let’s start filling them. We beat Cal and Arkansas last year. At their places. Pretty clear objective markers that we’re a worse team. We are getting worse.

He is trying. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

This will earn me a lot of downvotes. Sigh.

Thorne is a better QB than Pavia. 

Not by the stats sheet he isn't. 

13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We’re not gonna win by turning the coaching staff over every other year. We have to give him time. 

I 100% agree with this. Firing freeze would cause more damage than it would fix, and freeze is recruiting very well. 

That said…is Freeze doing a good job with the team he has right now? I don’t think he is, and that’s a concern. 

There’s no shortage of coaches in history at places like Texas, USC, FLST, Florida, etc who have recruited top 10 classes every single year but could just never turn all that talent into anything better than 8or 9 wins even against weak schedules. 

I hope Freeze isn’t going to turn into one of those type of coaches. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I still think a lot of gaps from potato man have yet to have been filled. 

Hugh is the problem. Not Harsin. This is Hugh’s players and bull s*** staff 

• Like 3

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

Hugh is the problem. Not Harsin. This is Hugh’s players and bull s*** staff 

You don’t build a winning team in only 2 recruiting classes. 

• Like 2

We better hope Freeze can turn this thing in the right direction. According to all the insiders, the money is aligned behind him. If he can’t get it done….watch out.

This team makes no sense at all. With that said, watch this group somehow beat Oklahoma next weekend and we’ll be both happy and mad at same time. Absolutely no clue what’s wrong with this program at all, but JABA.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m convinced it won’t. Said it in the other thread. The Texas teams and Oklahoma did Auburn in as far as SEC pecking order. And Ole Miss and Missouri having better coaches kills us even more. We likely won’t ever see the 2004/2010 Auburn again. 

The only bright side is that I believe Kiffin will leave for a better program.   Mizzu hit on a good QB.  Not sure they can do that consistently.  
As far as OU and Texas, if Auburn people thought that we were on the same level as those two, that’s crazy.   Both of those schools are far better at getting to the top and maintaining that level for years.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Pavia is a good fit for Vandy. Only marginally a P5 QB though. 

Those are the guys that go all Johnny Unitas on us

Just now, AUDynasty said:

This team makes no sense at all. With that said, watch this group somehow beat Oklahoma next weekend and we’ll be both happy and mad at same time. Absolutely no clue what’s wrong with this program at all, but JABA.

We're beating nobody else starting Thorne

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Recruiting still isn’t affected. I’m still not as down on Freeze as some here will be and think his long term vision is solid. 

I'd like to see his 'vision' start to translate to the field at some point. Right now we look like a clown show. 

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Auburn still has gaps that seriously hinder us. QB is the glaring one, but there are plenty of others. 

The biggest gap we have right now is coaches not doing their job. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mkvl04 said:

We're beating nobody else starting Thorne

Thorne starting would have won today. 

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Freeze has always been a relentless recruiter so I’m not worried about that.

But he’s still patching the paint. Still filling gaps. 

Freeze is a salesman and con man. Not a coach especially at this level. The good thing for him is Auburn’s level continues to drop and he’s a guaranteed millionaire. Best gig anyone can have, Auburn head coach 

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

I do agree with this. It’s just more cutthroat now with the NIL but if we bring in a top 5 class regardless of how we do this season — you gotta give Hugh another year. But I think next year is a prove it deal. Otherwise, the money dries up.

• Like 1

Just now, AUDub said:

Thorne starting would have won today. 

Disagree. Thorne is terrible 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

You can build a “don’t-lose-10-consecutive-power-5-games” team pretty much instantly. Look dude, I support Hugh, but he’s failing right now.

• Like 1