Post Vs Arkansas Thread

I think yanking Thorne for Hank was the ur-example of “it hurt itself in its confusion!”

Thorne starts we win this game. Ugly, but we’d win. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

No we wouldn’t. This team had a loser mentality and losing complex. It’s much deeper than X’s and O’s.

Hank isn’t a P5 QB. Thorne at least obliterated this Arky team last year. I don’t see him throwing 3 first half picks as egregious as Hank’s were either. 

• Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1

How many of our blue-chip players we gonna be losing this offseason? Recruits gonna start decommitting. Were last year’s Florida. 

• Like 1

Just now, AUINSY said:

How many of our blue-chip players we gonna be losing this offseason? Recruits gonna start decommitting. Were last year’s Florida. 

Recruiting still isn’t affected. I’m still not as down on Freeze as some here will be and think his long term vision is solid. 

• Like 7

Just now, CAMCRAZY said:

Don’t see any improvement from last year. 

I still think a lot of gaps from potato man have yet to have been filled. 

• Like 2

The Auburn people have given this program everything they have asked for….and more. It is time to perform. Coaches, players, and administrative. 

• Like 3

Well, that sucked!

I couldn’t be more disappointed with the product we’re seeing on the field.

This team is not a well coached team.  At some point I would end up scrapping the season and start building for the future by giving the younger guys some good reps.

Finally, the official that missed the hold and body slam tackle on Arky’s offense should be immediately fired!

• Like 1

But yeah, imo the on the field coaching and personnel decisions are not good right now. I saw this train wreck with Hank coming a mile away.

Thorne is not great, but he’s our best option. Let him caretake and win what we can while we’re still building rather than playing this game where the backup is suddenly the most popular guy you have on the team. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

The Auburn people have given this program everything they have asked for….and more. It is time to perform. Coaches, players, and administrative. 

Everything but time. Freeze needs time. And we have to give it to him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The jury's still out on Freeze as a coach. He's a great recruiter though.

But Freeze didn't fumble the ball by the goal line, and he didn't throw 4 picks.

And that Thorne pick was on Cam. That ball was thrown perfectly to his hands. BTW, Thorne looks good at times, and bad a times. A tale of two QBs, as it were.

There were some stupid calls all around. That fake punt was dumb. And the decision to not bring the heat on their QB all game was bad. It was working. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

^^This is fantastic lol. All we can do is laugh, the reality hurts too much. 

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

Already had my fill of the beaver toothed con man. Makes me sick to even think about him. No better than Harsin.

He’s actually recruiting. That was our biggest knock on Harsin, remember? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

…..and any coach that doesn’t step up….no firing…force them to face the fans and the press every single day.  Daily press conferences for everyone, including administration.  Resign your job if you are not up for it. 

3 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

With the NIL I'd ask what is the going rate for tailbacks that can't hang onto the ball, DB's that can't locate the ball, and wide receivers that drop balls and tip them for interceptions?

• Like 2

TWill seems to have a lot of animosity towards Auburn???  I don't remember what happened to him (i.e., why he left Auburn)...did Harsin fire him when he took over or did he leave on his own?

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Auburn fans kill me..."No, no it is Harsin's fault." 

No no, Gus’s recruiting from 4 years ago lost this game lol. 

• Haha 6

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

But he ain't winning. That's all that matters

it’s year 2 of a massive overhaul and rebuild. 

• Thanks 3