*Official Auburn vs. Arkansas Game Thread*

abw0004

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

I think I still would have rather rode with Hank. 
PT is just too limited to keep this offense consistently moving. 

Either way, we are in a world of hurt. 

If you’re him, you really have to be thinking SOMETHING when the coach pulls you the second you stink, but left PT in after being atrocious front to back against Cal. 
Hank is by nature a slinger, but there’s gonna be some of those balls he may not throw in the future if he’s looking over his shoulder 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

No one is saying Thorne is an all star qb. But he is clearly the best qb this team has. A coach should know that. He never should have been benched. It cost us this game

Right, which is why they needed to recruit a QB this offseason. This is basically a throw away season.

• Like 2

Guys, if we cant beat ARK @ HOME, we cant compete in the SEC. We were dominated at home. Name me one thing you think we did well? There wasn't anything. 

I have never been more disappointed in an AU Team than I am now. 

NO FIRE. NO FIGHT. NO WILL TO WIN.

This is not AU Football.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

At some point this pitiful football product has to change.  We can’t keep letting our football team roller coaster thru season after season with so many excuses.   This isn’t just a product on the field issue, I believe it’s much deeper.  Our school as a whole should not have any issues putting a better product on national display.  There is no excuse.  We take 3 steps forward every coaching change, get our hopes up and then it’s 4 steps backwards.  I’m lost emotionally and don’t even know how to feel.   We had tickets to this game didn’t even go.  That breaks my heart.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

8-4/7-5 every year. Better but still garbage. 

It depends . Auburn has a very favorable schedule this year. A two loss SEC will make the playoffs

Just now, murpjf88 said:

Right, which is why they needed to recruit a QB this offseason. This is basically a throw away season.

No season is a throw away season. 

• Like 1

Just now, 33gles said:

Putting THORNE back in instead of letting youngsters play doesn't sound like a good message for recruits...

We are here now because we insisted on playing Thorne last year when he should have been benched. Somebody could have gotten experience. At some point, you've gotta say to hell with it, and ride or die with the young guys. PT has NOTHING to offer the future of this program. It might get ugly but it's what we gotta do.

I've been with Auburn for 50+ years and I love it!   But this is not good for my blood pressure.  I didn't want this coach but was willing to give him a chance.  Not sure what sort of decision process we are making to hire the FB coaches but something is broken.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

It depends . Auburn has a very favorable schedule this year. A two loss SEC will make the playoffs

Is this a real post ? Are we watching the same s*** ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we could just have had the 2nd quarter shortened for us, it might have only ended in a one score game. We need to get used to playing that card.

Auburn Tigers (Southeastern Conference) (1976–1980)
1976 Auburn 3–8 2–4 T–6th      
1977 Auburn 5–6 4–2 3rd      
1978 Auburn 6–4–1 3–2–1 3rd      
1979 Auburn 8–3 4–2 T–3rd     16
1980 Auburn 5–6 0–6 T–9th

Barfield’s record.  FYI 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AURealist said:

But at the top for turnovers, so we got that going for us...

Not the silver lining I wanted to be reminded of.

Edited by Never2Yield