*Official Auburn vs. Arkansas Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, NES said:

I will not say Hank is not SEC caliber; not enough sample size, but Thorne deserves his second chance at this point. That was 3 bad interceptions in one half without pressure. Winnable game Let’s go. War Eagle the coaches are responsible for this. 

As much as I hate to say it, I think you’re right. Thorne throws some pretty good interceptions and takes sacks better than most could, but maybe he’s had a fire lit under his ass. 

• Like 1

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

Alright we gonna score 42 in the second half and win 42-7 😂

I felt good for a second. Needed a good laugh. 👍

• Like 1

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

Auburn is -16 in turnover differential in the last 5.5 games.

😱

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

As much as I hate to say it, I think you’re right. Thorne throws some pretty good interceptions and takes sacks better than most could, but maybe he’s had a fire lit under his ass. 

Agreed

Just now, Never2Yield said:

So what do we do? :dunno:

I think we eventually have to accept what CHF already knew: we have no (currently) good QB on the roster who is ready to play and lead.  I think Thorne will get another shot in a week or so.

If you gonna bench the first  QB for throwing interceptions maybe you need to give him another chance.  He ate the Hogs alive running the ball last year.  We need a spark!

• Like 1

Freeze made a couple of big time mistakes. Not going all out for qb in the portal and jumping the gun with replacing Peyton. Other than the Cal game play calling has been on point. We need a qb. We need continously pressure from the defense. Fix those things we would be a complete team this season. At least we can't blame the oline for this. So that's new

Just now, WillMunny said:

I think we eventually have to accept what CHF already knew: we have no (currently) good QB on the roster who is ready to play and lead.  I think Thorne will get another shot in a week or so.

This

I haven’t watched a snap guys. Coaching 10U football. We won 38-26. It appears there is no need to turn it on. AU is not going to take away another good Saturday from me 

• Like 1

Just now, WillMunny said:

He gets another shot now

Just now, e808 said:

Looks like paying Cam Ward that money wouldn’t have been the worst thing in the world. Auburn would be undefeated 

I think we all can agree with this.

4 minutes ago, NES said:

I will not say Hank is not SEC caliber; not enough sample size, but Thorne deserves his second chance at this point. That was 3 bad interceptions in one half without pressure. Winnable game Let’s go. War Eagle the coaches are responsible for this. 

The second interception is a poor high school quarterback mistake, and the third is a very poor throw.   I’m not saying that Thorne is the long term answer or even the answer today,  But HB is not the long term solution.