Trump survives a second assassination attempt

JMWATS

47 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Both sides have their fair share of crazies. Some on this forum tend to think their side has less. 

We won't know the answer to that until an equivalent demagogue - preferably with an equivalent  personality disorder - whips the crazies on "our" side into a significant political force (and the responsible liberals roll over for it.)  ;D

Edited by homersapien

46 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Both sides have their fair share of crazies. Some on this forum tend to think their side has less. 

Only one side uses guns against their political rivals, though.  No guns at Jan 6th that were shot except at a protester.

42 minutes ago, alanevans said:

Well, you have to admit that of those who post here often it sure skews one way….

I honestly thought, until you just posted, that you might have been Routh with the way you hate Republicans, conservatives and Trump.  Glad to see you’re ok.

Edited by I_M4_AU

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Only one side uses guns against their political rivals, though.  No guns at Jan 6th that were shot except at a protester.

Those using guns were defending the United States of America.  Their political affiliation was no more relevant than that of a U.S. Marine.  If someone goes busting thru a window at the U.S. capitol, they should expect that to be one of the last things they do in this world.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

And many crazies aren’t firmly on one side.

bull**** 

13 hours ago, alanevans said:

Well, you have to admit that of those who post here often it sure skews one way….

self-own

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Those using guns were defending the United States of America.  Their political affiliation was no more relevant than that of a U.S. Marine.  If someone goes busting thru a window at the U.S. capitol, they should expect that to be one of the last things they do in this world.

The point being; J6th, the worst day since the civil war, was because the U.S. government was almost overturned (according to the Dems) without the perps using any firearms.  Dems are the ones that use firearms when commiting violence against their political rivals.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The point being; J6th, the worst day since the civil war, was because the U.S. government was almost overturned (according to the Dems) without the perps using any firearms.  Dems are the ones that use firearms when commiting violence against their political rivals.

The 2 shooters have been registered as a Republican and an Independent/unaffiliated. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The 2 shooters have been registered as a Republican and an Independent/unaffiliated. 

And?  A person can register as any political party they choose.  When they act on rhetoric from the Dems they out themselves.

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Here ya go:

Oran said his father hates Trump as “every reasonable person does” adding, “I don't like Trump either.”

“He's my dad and all he's had is couple traffic tickets, as far as I know. I know my dad and love my dad, but that's nothing like him.” “He said he was at the beach, but I thought that meant the outer banks in Hawaii.”

“He's not a violent person. He's a hard worker and a great dad. He's a great dude, a nice guy and has worked his whole f**king life.”

“'I hate this game every four years, and think that we all do, and if my father wants to be a martyr to how broken and disassociated the process has become from the real problems and practical solutions, then that's his choice.”

'I'm not saying that's what he's done or what he's about, that's just my own rant being fed up with it all for my entire adult life.”

“South Park said it best, every 4 years we're forced to choose between a turd sandwich and a giant do*che, and it all stays f**ked in the same ways by different degrees, and we're exhausted and embarrassed by it all.”

So, yeah he is Independent/unaffiliated with no apparent motive.

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Here ya go:

Oran said his father hates Trump as “every reasonable person does” adding, “I don't like Trump either.”

“He's my dad and all he's had is couple traffic tickets, as far as I know. I know my dad and love my dad, but that's nothing like him.” “He said he was at the beach, but I thought that meant the outer banks in Hawaii.”

“He's not a violent person. He's a hard worker and a great dad. He's a great dude, a nice guy and has worked his whole f**king life.”

“'I hate this game every four years, and think that we all do, and if my father wants to be a martyr to how broken and disassociated the process has become from the real problems and practical solutions, then that's his choice.”

'I'm not saying that's what he's done or what he's about, that's just my own rant being fed up with it all for my entire adult life.”

“South Park said it best, every 4 years we're forced to choose between a turd sandwich and a giant do*che, and it all stays f**ked in the same ways by different degrees, and we're exhausted and embarrassed by it all.”

So, yeah he is Independent/unaffiliated with no apparent motive.

With the mentally ill, do you think party matters? Whats scary is that he could get a gun.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

With the mentally ill, do you think party matters? Whats scary is that he could get a gun.

It appears the ones that show up with guns are leftist/mentally ill (which is the same).  What gun law would have prevented him from obtaining the gun?  He illegally obtained and possessed the gun, the law will determine the jail time, but will not and does not prevent some mentally ill/leftist from getting a gun.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It appears the ones that show up with guns are leftist/mentally ill (which is the same).  What gun law would have prevented him from obtaining the gun?  He illegally obtained and possessed the gun, the law will determine the jail time, but will not and does not prevent some mentally ill/leftist from getting a gun.

While I can appreciate your frustration and being po’d - I’m not sure this is a blame thing. You could argue the Dems need to cool the “existential threat” stuff but honestly Trump is a personality type that is crazy magnet. Crazies that support him and crazies that want to hurt him. As I’ve said many times, my biggest fear about Trump is that he causes total divisive chaos. That isn’t healthy.

Maga seems to enjoy the spectacle of Trump without seeing the danger of it in a large society.

• Love 1

Those of you attempting to cast blame on "rhetoric of the Democrats"  really need some quiet self evaluation.  You would have to be completely brain washed to not hear exactly that coming from Trump and Vance over and over again.

Trump still LIES about the 2020 election, yet you have a problem with him being called a liar and anti American for his actions?  If you don't want to be called a fascist, then stop acting like one.  You pretend that it is the Democrats saying he is a threat to the country.  IT IS HIS OWN CABINET FROM HIS FIRST ADMINISTRATION.  You simply ignore that as though it isn't unprecedented. 

Your degree of unquestioned loyalty to a man that does nothing but promote division is embarrassingly simple.

Laura Loomer is the best example... Trump's girlfriend or mouthpiece - take your pick.... in either case she is disgusting. Trump endorses this BS and you have an issue with what again from the other side?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

While I can appreciate your frustration and being po’d - I’m not sure this is a blame thing. You could argue the Dems need to cool the “existential threat” stuff but honestly Trump is a personality type that is crazy magnet. Crazies that support him and crazies that want to hurt him. As I’ve said many times, my biggest fear about Trump is that he causes total divisive chaos. That isn’t healthy.

Maga seems to enjoy the spectacle of Trump without seeing the danger of it in a large society.

Yes, we should always blame the victim.  Do you still believe a woman is responsible for her rape because what she wears?

When did the Dems give up on being the party of tolerance?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Those of you attempting to cast blame on "rhetoric of the Democrats"  really need some quiet self evaluation.  You would have to be completely brain washed to not hear exactly that coming from Trump and Vance over and over again.

Trump still LIES about the 2020 election, yet you have a problem with him being called a liar and anti American for his actions?  If you don't want to be called a fascist, then stop acting like one.  You pretend that it is the Democrats saying he is a threat to the country.  IT IS HIS OWN CABINET FROM HIS FIRST ADMINISTRATION.  You simply ignore that as though it isn't unprecedented. 

Your degree of unquestioned loyalty to a man that does nothing but promote division is embarrassingly simple.

Laura Loomer is the best example... Trump's girlfriend or mouthpiece - take your pick.... in either case she is disgusting. Trump endorses this BS and you have an issue with what again from the other side?

Do you refute the claim that they are saying he is a threat? 

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Do you refute the claim that they are saying he is a threat? 

Many are saying that he is a threat to democracy.  Those include his former Attorney General, his former Vice President, his former Secretary of Defense, and yes, Democratic candidates for office.  That does not give license to someone to make an attempt on his life.

Do you deny that Trump has said "you won't have a country if she is elected?"  Do you deny that Trump has said "Israel will be wiped from the map if she is elected?"  He has called her a Marxist too many times to count.