vs Lobos Post Game Thread

20 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Yes. But that still doesn’t mean we win 8 games this year unless we improve significantly.

The D we have, we'll be fortunate not to LOSE 8 games.  That was as pathetic of an overall effort and scheme as I've seen at Auburn since PW Underwood.

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

PW Underwood.

No, No Swamp . Flashbacks, Flashbacks...now i've got the image of him stuck in my head roaming the sidelines....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I do think we miss Battie and a potential side to side runner a bit

I don’t. His 0% tackle breaking was a detriment to the offense. We have a side to side runner in Cobb when needed and I can’t wait till he’s our RB1 next season. Our biggest issue in running the ball is the OL. I anticipate that improving next season.

Freeze and the other offensive coaches simplified the offensive playbook for this game because Hank is not a running threat. This worked to the advantage of everyone on the offense.

But it isn't the offense CHF really wants to run. So I think he will be concentrating quite heavily on getting White ready for next season. Even if Auburn succeeds pulling in Deuce, it will be a competition between Hank with game experience and a more mobile QB who can run CHF's preferred offense.

As to how well this type of offense will perform against an SEC defense -- well, we are about to find out.

Yeah, I'm not sure NM knew our QB is not a dual threat. But like I said HB sees the field better than any recent AU QB and he has a quick release with above average accuracy and velocity. But SEC defenses will figure out lack of QB run threat if they haven't already. HB will have to get rid of the ball even quicker with our OL against an SEC defense. I'm not as optimistic now as I was before the season. Maybe they will prove me wrong in the Arky game. WDE!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Viper said:

I don’t. His 0% tackle breaking was a detriment to the offense. We have a side to side runner in Cobb when needed and I can’t wait till he’s our RB1 next season. Our biggest issue in running the ball is the OL. I anticipate that improving next season.

Agree to disagree brother!

15 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I’m guessing that most of the people that post on here have never played sports.   At least it reads that way.   

Do you think having played college football is some sort of magical fairy dust making it impossible for others who have not incapable of educated, informed observations?

Here are some college football HEAD COACHES who never played college football. Tell them about how stupid and ignorant they are.

1. HUGH FREEZE
2. Mike Leach
3. Dave Aranda
4. Bill Clark
5. Paul Johnson
6. Sonny Dykes
7. George O'Leary

I quit football before high school. I didn't appreciate the physical toll on my body. My best sport competitively was as a swimmer.

If you don't agree with my observations, fine. But pontificating about how brilliant you are just because you once wore pads and banged helmets is no justification to just assume that nobody else's observations are relevant.

• Like 1

Can yall believe we waited a whole nother offseason to be served 💩 on a platter again. The UGA game will be banned in 10 countries.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, AUApostle said:

Hank’s head set went out.

I didn’t understand that one. Should have left Hank out there and just yelled “Hail Mary”. Everyone knew it was coming anyway!

Edited by CCTAU

9 hours ago, AURex said:

Do you think having played college football is some sort of magical fairy dust making it impossible for others who have not incapable of educated, informed observations?

Here are some college football HEAD COACHES who never played college football. Tell them about how stupid and ignorant they are.

1. HUGH FREEZE
2. Mike Leach
3. Dave Aranda
4. Bill Clark
5. Paul Johnson
6. Sonny Dykes
7. George O'Leary

I quit football before high school. I didn't appreciate the physical toll on my body. My best sport competitively was as a swimmer.

If you don't agree with my observations, fine. But pontificating about how brilliant you are just because you once wore pads and banged helmets is no justification to just assume that nobody else's observations are relevant.

You can’t even comprehend what I wrote.   I was talking about the guys that play college football.   You act and insinuate that they have never been taught how to play from youth football all the way through high school and however many years they have played in college.   
I wasn’t talking about me.   To think that this coaching staff with all the years of experience is somehow not teaching fundamentals and basic football 101 is absurd.   And it shows a lack sports knowledge and can’t be taken seriously.   Your statement insinuated that the play on the field by the players was solely based on coaching or lack of coaching.   Which is completely bulls$it!   
What do the coaches have to do?   Run out on the field and say….hey, when you are running from this point don’t over pursue, or don’t get caught looking in the backfield while your man runs right by you.   That is taught daily at practice.   
Players bare a responsibility on the play on the field just like coaches.  

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

You can’t even comprehend what I wrote.   I was talking about the guys that play college football.   You act and insinuate that they have never been taught how to play from youth football all the way through high school and however many years they have played in college.   
I wasn’t talking about me.   To think that this coaching staff with all the years of experience is somehow not teaching fundamentals and basic football 101 is absurd.   And it shows a lack sports knowledge and can’t be taken seriously.   Your statement insinuated that the play on the field by the players was solely based on coaching or lack of coaching.   Which is completely bulls$it!   
What do the coaches have to do?   Run out on the field and say….hey, when you are running from this point don’t over pursue, or don’t get caught looking in the backfield while your man runs right by you.   That is taught daily at practice.   
Players bare a responsibility on the play on the field just like coaches.  

When the whole group looks lost, seems to point to coaching. If they are teaching correctly, has to be consequences if only 1or 2. 

18 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

When the whole group looks lost, seems to point to coaching. If they are teaching correctly, has to be consequences if only 1or 2. 

Then you aren’t paying attention.   Play after play, one guy is there make the play and he either misses the tackle or runs himself out of position.   Everyone on the field is not out of position.   That’s just everyone hating on the staff.   It seems that everyone is taking up for some poor play on the field by several players because of the dislike for the staff.   

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Then you aren’t paying attention.   Play after play, one guy is there make the play and he either misses the tackle or runs himself out of position.   Everyone on the field is not out of position.   That’s just everyone hating on the staff.   It seems that everyone is taking up for some poor play on the field by several players because of the dislike for the staff.   

Or we just disagree. I will try to pay better attention though, I’m sure you are correct with your brush rather than me with mine.