vs Lobos Post Game Thread

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I was too young to recall any of his post game interviews. Which was my basis for the comment. Never would’ve known Hank just got done instilling hope and wishful thinking into the dozens of us who were pleased with the win tonight. 

Oh man. Jason Campbell was like The Pink Panther, man. Cool as a cucumber.

image.gif

• Like 2

Just now, Randman5000 said:

I'm not a freezer but if you read the boards you would think we lost.. Jesus

If you watched the 1st half, you’d think the same thing LOL.  Seemed to have settled down in the 2nd half some.  My goodness, we couldn’t stop their offense for anything.  I am guardedly optimistic as I watched the offense settle in, and look forward to seeing what Cam can add next week. 

On D, there’s a lot of work to do.  We got a lot of help from penalties tonight, can’t count on that going forward.  Am I the only one wondering where Eugene Asante has been?   He was a force last season, and I love his attitude, but haven’t heard his name all night. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Only if he can play D, too.

I am hoping with no insider information that maybe the Defensive plan tonite was to keep their QB completely in the pocket—regardless. 
The Defense has some players but we are thin and young.

AND with Hank at QB we looked like a fairly normal offense with passes to almost every position. And some really good placement along with several clutch catches.

Looking at our current commit list makes me feel great about planning for team growth…huge gets everywhere on Defense and 4 or 5 HS Offensive Lineman.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, RunInRed said:

He should be the starter but I’m not loving my perception of the second part of Freeze’s comment. Almost reads like an eye roll comment. Hank played very well, no contest between This week Hank and last week Payton. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

We’ve all evolved over the years. We can recognize hot garbage and this football team is hot garbage. I think most of us were less concerned with tonight and more concerned with the overall trend we see. The inevitable doom that’s coming after next weekend.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gr82be said:

He should be the starter but I’m not loving my perception of the second part of Freeze’s comment. Almost reads like an eye roll comment. Hank played very well, no contest between This week Hank and last week Payton. 

Yea that almost seemed like a “you mf’s think you’ve won, but Hank will fail eventually” type comment😂

26 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

If HB plays against Cal, do we win that game? 

That’s hard to say. I think if he prepared as the starter all week, maybe. 
However, that OL was a crapshow early and often. Would that have affected him more? I don’t know. 
I do know that the play calling and instructions for this game was to run the RPO efficiently and wait for the bomb. Had that been the game plan for Cal, would even PT have been successful? 
We’ll most likely never know. But I loved what I saw from HB today. He played within the game plan and stayed on point the whole game. 

SEC play will speed up the defense. So I hope they prepare him to make decisions a little quicker. I really like his demeanor thus far. I pray he can keep that, grow, and be successful in the SEC. If that happens, he could be special. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We’ve all evolved over the years. We can recognize hot garbage and this football team is hot garbage. I think most of us were less concerned with tonight and more concerned with the overall trend we see. The inevitable doom that’s coming after next weekend.

Need some leaders in the locker room. Someone said in the game thread that they can’t see any one player acting like a leader out there. And I agree. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea that almost seemed like a “you mf’s think you’ve won, but Hank will fail eventually” type comment😂

It did come across as a little backhanded. 

20 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Watching Cal now, strange how we lost that game, it’s gonna dog us all season 

Oh yeah , coaching or lack of it cost us that game 

22 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Watching Cal now, strange how we lost that game, it’s gonna dog us all season 

We’ll see if SDSU’s QB manages to throw 4 or 5 interceptions. 

Aztecs helmets look pretty rad though. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

19 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh man. Jason Campbell was like The Pink Panther, man. Cool as a cucumber.

image.gif

He’s great on the radio also. Sees things before they happen 

18 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

We have to win like it’s NCAA 24 or they go off the chain. 

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Well it shows freeze was wrong. Daddy don’t like to be wrong.

Edited by TigerOne

Hank looked good! Beautiful long pass in the first half. I liked the decision to start Hank before the game and even more after. 

But I'm not ready to anoint him yet or claim we would have won the Cal game if he started. Thorne also looks good against poor competition. And Hank had some errant passes. 

Brown will start against Arkansas. Hoping for the best!