*Official Auburn vs. New Mexico Game Thread*

abw0004

Glad to get the W. Gives us plenty to work on for sure. Hope Durkin lost the three down lineman play sheet. NM Qb had some elite throws for sure, don’t why we bring out the super powers in opposing qbs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Hank Brown is my QB….But

Let’s pour one out for the fall of the Jeri Curl’s. Gonna miss the Jeri curl bad.

Nah. All my homies hate Jheri Curl. 

7 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

I got to give a shout out to Camden Brown. Heck I thought he left the team. 

And here he is going across the middle making the tough catches. Good for him.

I’ll bet Hank and Camden have some 2nd team chemistry. Looked like Hank looked for him.

• Like 7

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Nah. All my homies hate Jheri Curl. 

Say it again!!!! Say it again!!!!

image.gif.ef171acb7d32262c76ceea925a5b7b34.gif

• Haha 1

Due to technical issues this evening I listened to the game on the radio while continuing to refresh the stream over and over. My observations...

1). Andy Burcham is terrible.

That's it. Good night. War Eagle

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, jknighton said:

Due to technical issues this evening I listened to the game on the radio while continuing to refresh the stream over and over. My observations...

Andy Burcham is the announcer this perennial 6-6 program deserves. Perfect match. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Andy Burcham is the announcer this perennial 6-6 program deserves. Perfect match. 

I don't think I have an argument for that...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hank gives us a chance on O this year, the OL and the D will be the difference on if we make a bowl game or not.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Glad to get the W. Gives us plenty to work on for sure. Hope Durkin lost the three down lineman play sheet. NM Qb had some elite throws for sure, don’t why we bring out the super powers in opposing qbs.

Durkin has no linemen to push the pocket. Walker had 2 TFL's and that was it. Then for the first time we have DB's who can't make plays. 

Good game but no progress on turnover margin.....but at least our TO's weren't due to our QB play

Edited by HAPvsOA

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

2020 - 7th ranked class

2021 - 19th ranked 

2022 - 21 ranked

2023 - 18

2024 - 10

We didn’t go two years with no recruiting. Those classes give you enough talent to beat teams like Cal and New Mexico, dude.

Sure if you don’t list the talent that hit the portal and were misses. Our ranking 21 and 22 are illusory. 

23 minutes ago, jknighton said:

He and the network were put in a tough spot with Rod’s untimely demise. However, in the years since, Andy has proven a huge liability with his radio call on football games. He does not describe what happens when it happens. I was listening to the first part of the Cal game last week on the radio and on our first TD, he didn’t ever say 1 word about the receiver catching the ball in the end zone or that there was a TD ruling. He’s been consistently bad for several years and needs to be replaced ASAP. 

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Like 3

New Mex isn’t very good but always glad to get a W … with that said IMO we are poorly coached … the O line is weak & secondary has terrible technique … again we can help both units out with better play calling … barring injury here’s to Thorne not seeing the field again 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, nthemix said:

New Mex isn’t very good but always glad to get a W … with that said IMO we are poorly coached … the O line is weak & secondary has terrible technique … again we can help both units out with better play calling … barring injury here’s to Thorne not seeing the field again 

I thought the offensive play calling, especially in the 2nd half was pretty damn good, it was creative and we were picking up yards in chunks—that TD pass across the middle to Hunter out of the backfield was genius . Not sure where the beef with the o line comes from, I can’t remember Hank getting sacked or really very pressured and Hunter had over 150 yards rushing. 

I’m no expert, so tell me what deficiencies you were seeing in the offensive playcalling and offensive line. Defense was dog vomit, there’s no debating that. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

We saw how bad Colorado’s dbs were and they brought Kelly in. I don’t know about Durkin’s previous stops but cmon man. Keionte Scott is not an outside corner. Move him back to nickel. But wait can’t do that because then there’ll be Kite and Crawford there if something were to happen to Lee. Also still with the three down rush. This is nasty defense man..absolutely filthy.

2 hours ago, nthemix said:

I think u mean the dline and secondary. The o line played pretty well. Not sure what the expectations are. They got the job done

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

We saw how bad Colorado’s dbs were and they brought Kelly in. I don’t know about Durkin’s previous stops but cmon man. Keionte Scott is not an outside corner. Move him back to nickel. But wait can’t do that because then there’ll be Kite and Crawford there if something were to happen to Lee. Also still with the three down rush. This is nasty defense man..absolutely filthy.

Durkin and Kelly might be good recruiting but Xs and Os are terrible. Outside of the turnovers the defense scheme is so bad it ain’t funny