*Official Auburn vs. New Mexico Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Because our coach paid too much for him😂

Somebody wrote a check for him. Not Hugh.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Because our coach paid too much for him😂

There’s some truth to this.  If I’m a donor and Hugh comes begging me to give him $500k bc he needs a player badly…I’m going to expect him to play.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I don’t think that Hank could have had a better start...

But this is a bad defense..
 We need ride with Hank, even when struggles 

We needed this game. HB needed the reps. We got some rain to create some adversity. Our defense was tested. But we didn’t totally kill ourselves. We overcame and now HB has some confidence.

Get the defense back on track and we can squeak past some teams. And as long as HB is spreading the ball around, the WRs will be happy. 

Edited by CCTAU
  • Like 3

Just now, homersapien said:

1. A win

2. Hank looked very good.

I can live with that

A few of us can. lol 😂 I’m with ya 

• Like 1

Gonna have to be a shootout next week vs Petrino. Glad the passing game looks better, and the offense overall. 

2 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

There’s some truth to this.  If I’m a donor and Hugh comes begging me to give him $500k bc he needs a player badly…I’m going to expect him to play.

Such is the problem with these portal guys demanding crazy numbers. See DJ Ukulele at FSU. That dude should’ve been benched first game and never looked at again. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

2 fumbles lost. Alston for sure during the heaviest the rain was, idk if the punt muff counts as a fumble as well. 

2 lost and another by Hunter that we recovered. Not counting the punt return. 

Dude I would have laughed so hard if Hugh rolled PT out with the second team to give hand offs to Cobb. Some people just don’t see comedy gold when it’s staring them in the face. Missed opportunities 

Edited by AuCivilEng1

Just now, Bro Johnny Mac said:

The defense had a lot better second half... 
What can I say, I’m an optimist 😆

Yeah, certainly not a realist. :poke:

• Haha 1

I think Geriner's development has been stunted because everybody is uncomfortable knowing how to pronounce his last name (including Andy on the broadcast).

Btw: Andy changed NM's great receiver's last name from Wysong to Wykopf about the 3rd quarter. No surprise.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dude I would have laughed so hard if Hugh rolled PT out with the second team to give hand offs to Cobb. So people just don’t see comedy gold when it’s staring them in the face. Missed opportunities 

Probably best he didn't tonight.  That would have been demoralizing, just like he already feels most likely.  He knows his football career likely over. 

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

The defense had a lot better second half... 
What can I say, I’m an optimist 😆

Durkin does it again!

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Trying to remember the 2nd fumble lost. I remember the recovery. 

I can’t remember either. Have people over and they won’t quit talking to me and acting like normal people. 

7 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

So why has Thorne been starting? Remind me again. 

Hugh freeze probably promised 

20 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

McCloud wants to sack that guy so damn bad before the game ends

We all do 😉

4 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

So why has Thorne been starting? Remind me again. 

I’ve said it before, PT is a great guy and teammate. He is a very smart QB. He understands the system. He makes the right choices in practice. He leads. He just cannot execute under pressure. 
The guy will make a great coach if he chooses. It’s hard for a coach to fathom that a QB that has all that cannot succeed. But at some point you have to admit it. 

HB is the young gun who plays without fear. He understands the system enough. And he just makes it happen on the field. 

Coaches notoriously play it safe. 

• Like 2