*Official Auburn vs. New Mexico Game Thread*

abw0004

10 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I’m not even sure how it’s possible to have 40 yards worth of penalties in one play. 

I think they miscounted the yards they stepped off

4 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Geriner was in because Hank's headset went out. 

This is not reassuring on any level. The only play to run was "chuck the ******* ball to the end zone." Don't need a headset for that.

Then the guy with the working headset proceeds to run for a few worthless yards.

Some low football IQ on display, and some of it is in its mid-50s.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dude I’d give anything to get back the moment of hope I had when Gus was coaching. In hindsight we should have just never went down that route. 

In more hindsight, they should have literally given Lane Kiffen anything and everything who could ever want. 

We screwed the pooch again. 

Yeah, but those of us saying “give Kiffin anything” at the time got pilloried.  

• Like 2

We have no game knowledge as a team. I have no idea what these QBs or DBs or the  players that are supposed to set the edge are doing. If you have one play to throw the ball, run it out of bounds? If you're in a 2 deep defense , both safeties abandon their positions and leave 2 open receivers behind them? Not one. 2. This isn't even all on the coaches. If you play basketball and have two seconds on the clock and have to make a three, ANYONE that has ever played at any level knows if you catch the inbound pass, you have to shoot. You can't play good golf without a decent grip. We have no fundamentals. I don't know how you get to college without learning something. I'm done. 

War Eagle.

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

I think they miscounted the yards they stepped off

It was from the spot of the foul

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Who would’ve guessed firing Gus would keep us astray. Mikey would be happy if he were here

Gus = Bo Pelini

Potato = Mike Riley

Freeze = Frost

The next guy = Rhule (hopefully)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerSquirrel said:

God the negativity is out of this world! 

I'm starting to think its true what the Bammers say about our fanbase!🙄

You haven’t been watching the game I guess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know why all of you are complaining.  I’m the one sitting in the rain.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

All the pre-game talk was about how NM has a potent offense, but one of the worst defenses in football. So far, I've seen their potent offense and I've seen Auburn field a defense that is just as bad as theirs, maybe worse.

Hank has definitely been better than Thorne, though. I hesitate to even imagine how bad Auburn woukd look with Thorne in there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Georgia will be fine. They’ll make the playoff even if they lose.

Not after we go into Athens and teach them a lesson. 

• Haha 6

31 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

He will blame the players plus the other coaches and the Field conditions 

But he will make sure we all know that he called that fade into the corner of the endzone to beat Cal last year. And he'll also remind us how season tickets have sold out faster the 2 years he's been here than ever before. Oh yeah, he also keeps reminding us that, in his mind, he has beaten Saban 4 times instead of 2. Just don't bring up the NMSU, Maryland, Bama 4th and 31 or other bad games of his because just like the commentators said, he doesn't wanna discuss those.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Eagle-2 said:

Are any of these guys going to actually obtain a college degree?

Not with nil, going to class is for looks only. All u sucker’s don’t forget your payment is coming due.

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Georgia will be fine. They’ll make the playoff even if they lose.

Not my point. 

College football is no longer gimme Saturday. Transfer portals have reshaped the landscape of the game. It will start to look more like the NFL where teams beat others when it doesn’t make sense. 

Y’all better get used to it. We still have a ways to go. 

Everybody getting paid but the fans. They accountability factor is at a all time low.

• Like 2

Just now, AUwent said:

Gus = Bo Pelini

Potato = Mike Riley

Freeze = Frost

The next guy = Rhule (hopefully)

You misspelled ‘Rhett’.

• Haha 1

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Not after we go into Athens and teach them a lesson. 

I laughed as soon as I saw this, but then thought a little longer and realized it is more sad than funny. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TigerSquirrel said:

God the negativity is out of this world! 

I'm starting to think its true what the Bammers say about our fanbase!🙄

Ray Charles, is that you?

• Haha 1

Just now, autigeremt said:

Not my point. 

College football is no longer gimme Saturday. Transfer portals have reshaped the landscape of the game. It will start to look more like the NFL where teams beat others when it doesn’t make sense. 

Sad but true.

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

Not my point. 

Kentucky playing a team close is nothing new, but you are correct.