Report: Hank Brown to start Saturday

CR

Not sure we’ll learn a lot unless Hank stinks up the joint.  I bet we’ll still see plenty of Thorne too.  I see lots of running plays Saturday night.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Not sure we’ll learn a lot unless Hank stinks up the joint.  I bet we’ll still see plenty of Thorne too.  I see lots of running plays Saturday night.

Why bring in Hank to just hand the ball off?  I think we’ll be flinging it around like A&M. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Why bring in Hank to just hand the ball off?  I think we’ll be flinging it around like A&M. 

I think Hank will get plenty of chances to throw it.  I also think Auburn will lean heavy on the running game to keep the defense off the field.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fishepa said:

My thoughts exactly. Let Hank play

Just now, TitanTiger said:

https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/sources-hank-brown-slated-to-start-for-auburn-against-new-mexico/

I'm surprised to be honest.  I thought Thorne would start on a short leash (2 series, maybe 3 tops) and get yanked if he didn't produce.

I felt the same way. My guess is that the potential issue is if PT starts and lights it up vs NM it creates false expectations vs Arky then OU. Time to see what Hank brings with the starters around him from the kickoff to the finish. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I felt the same way. My guess is that the potential issue is if PT starts and lights it up vs NM it creates false expectations vs Arky then OU. Time to see what Hank brings with the starters around him from the kickoff to the finish. 

Yeah.  And if you're going to give Hank his first start, you'd rather it be vs New Mexico than an SEC opponent.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, cbo said:

It's the right move. You have to at least try. And New Mexico is the perfect game for it. 

Exactly, there is absolutely nothing to lose in this situation and everything to gain.  We have to know if Hank is ready and can carry the team through a game and NM's defense is awful.  

• Like 1

From what I heard listening to a nat’l pod and just looking at Arizona’s box score, this can definitely be a game where Auburn needs to score 5 TDs to win. While their defense may be butt, it’s at least a type of game script that CAN challenge Brown 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I thought Thorne would start on a short leash (2 series, maybe 3 tops) and get yanked if he didn't produce.

Hard not to produce against the worst defense in the FBS. 

Like v AL A&M, Thorne shredding New Mexico won’t prove anything.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I believe it will be whatever the defense gives us. Will try for that 60/40 split, but with short routes too.

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

From what I heard listening to a nat’l pod and just looking at Arizona’s box score, this can definitely be a game where Auburn needs to score 5 TDs to win. While their defense may be butt, it’s at least a type of game script that CAN challenge Brown 

The challenge will be for the defense IMO. Must stop the QB run, so rush must stay in their lanes.

34 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I still think they both play.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

They don't have suck egg mules in Maryland...... numnuts

have you ever called freeze numnuts or been tempted to?

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Nope

you call me numnuts anytime golf.