Montgomery Advertiser down on game this week

arktiger1975

Nothing wrong with the assessment by the Advertiser. It’s up to Hugh and the team to prove them wrong. 

• Like 2

Not trying to be a sunshine pumper, but New Mexico is horrible on defense.  There's no way we're only scoring 21.  Think at least double.  Cracking 50 wouldn't surprise me either.

I do think our D can slow down NM but I expect us to score a lot. Not because our O will be good but because their D is that bad. 

If our O is anemic against them we have huge problems.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

I'm pretty optimistic we'll have a good game against New Mexico. Like other have mentioned. New Mexico is a pretty bad football team, and we seem to be able to play good ball when we out talent our opponent at every position. 

A good game here wont mean we'll be ready for SEC play, but it'll still feel good to have one anyway. 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Not trying to be a sunshine pumper, but New Mexico is horrible on defense.  There's no way we're only scoring 21.  Think at least double.  Cracking 50 wouldn't surprise me either.

Montana St scored 35 on them.

Arizona WR had 3000 yards on them. Lambert-Smith should have a monster game. 

We should score at bottoms, 56 on them. 

New Mexico will score around 21-28.

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

New Mexico is a pretty bad football team

Bad defense. 

Their QB is dynamic.

If New Mexico knows anything about Auburn, they'll start their 2nd string QB at defensive tackle. Backup QBs are our kryptonite. Might even work to pull a miracle on defense. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

A close game is possible if our QB struggles and we continue to have turnover problems.  I think of their QB as a young Nick Marshall but a better passer.  Remember him?  He might be able to keep the O on the field more than we want.  They have put up 39 and 31 points so far so they can score points. I hate to think we have to out score them to win, but it is a possibility after the last game.  I'm actually more upbeat on the D going into the game, so if they play well and hold them to a season low of 14 or 17 points, we still need at least 21 to win.

This is a bad look:

image.png

Edited by 81spacetiger
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AUx said:

If New Mexico knows anything about Auburn, they'll start their 2nd string QB at defensive tackle. Backup QBs are our kryptonite. Might even work to pull a miracle on defense. 

It's a fact that AU sometimes allows obscure QBs to look like Peyton Manning in his prime!

• Like 1

wlel by gawd...........i never liked montgomery any dang way or their newpapers...................i confess i have never read one of their papers.............grins

6 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

What's new? The best thing Auburn fans can do is stay off of AL.com. They are hot garbage!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

wlel by gawd...........i never liked montgomery any dang way or their newpapers...................i confess i have never read one of their papers.............grins

I lived in the Montgomery area from 2003-2006. Media there was pretty pro Auburn then. Of course, we were pretty good during that time period.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Montgomery Advertiser down on game this week
On 9/13/2024 at 7:48 AM, arktiger1975 said:

Is REALLY down on Auburn.

Only picked a 21-14 win

SUCK IT Montgomery Advertiser.  

• Like 2