Can Auburn achieve a bowl game this year?

AURex

Moreover, if Auburn does magically go 6-6 this year, can Auburn actually WIN a bowl game with this team and this crappy coaching crew?

Cal was the swing game IMO so going to need an upset. Hugh came one 4th and 31 away from beating an excellent Bama team with that thing we had in 2023, an upset or two or three are not unlikely.

• Like 1

after the train wreck at last years bowl that is a loaded question.................

We're good enough to, but we'll have to improve quickly. I don't think Cal is better than Arky, maybe not even Vanderbilt and as bad as UK appears to be, we have to play them on the road. 

Who was the last Auburn coach who didn't play pretty well against good or very good teams and then lay some eggs against lesser talented or sub-par teams? 

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

after the train wreck at last years bowl that is a loaded question.................

A quick video recap of the bowl game last year. 

image.gif.3dad7904881a2901a8b891fe682f0a92.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We better make a bowl, would be a terrible look on Hugh.Its not much to ask these days with all these crappy bowls out there to at least be in one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheNun said:

I wanna say Gus 

Tuberville had a reputation of laying eggs against Georgia, arky, Georgia tech etc 

I would say Gus laid some serious eggs himself. 2016 UGA, 2014 A&M, 2018 MSU, 2018 LSU, 2018 UT, the near loss vs Jacksonville State, etc...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

2018 LSU

2018 LSU had Burrow. 2017 LSU was much worse. 17-0 and that crowd was dead. The streak should have been over 4 years before it ultimately ended. That one still stings. 

16 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

2014 A&M

That one stings the most, but I don’t put that one on Gus. If Marshall executes simple exchanges like he had done a billion times prior, we win.

Edited by Viper

New Mexico -W

Arkansas - Toss Up

Oklahoma - Toss Up

Georgia - L

Mizzou - L at this time

Kentucky - W

Vandy - Should be W

ULM - W

Texas A&M - Toss Up

Iron Bowl - probably a L as of now.  

Thats 3 probable losses, 4 probable wins, and 3 toss ups at home.  Auburn will need to get 2/3 of those toss ups probably to end up in either Jacksonville, Tampa, or Nashville.  Anything less and you can set your waze to Bham.  

31 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

New Mexico -W

Arkansas - Toss Up

Oklahoma - Toss Up

Georgia - L

Mizzou - L at this time

Kentucky - W

Vandy - Should be W

ULM - W

Texas A&M - Toss Up

Thats 3 probable losses, 4 probable wins, and 3 toss ups at home.  Auburn will need to get 2/3 of those toss ups probably to end up in either Jacksonville, Tampa, or Nashville.  Anything less and you can set your waze to Bham.  

I don’t think we beat OK and Vandy has me a bit concerned. Arky won’t be easy either. Unless our O begins to look better against teams with a pulse, six wins will be difficult. 

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

New Mexico -W

Arkansas - Toss Up

Oklahoma - Toss Up

Georgia - L

Mizzou - L at this time

Kentucky - W

Vandy - Should be W

ULM - W

Texas A&M - Toss Up

After last week, it's hard to think we'll be favored vs Oklahoma or Kentucky. And Vandy is probably closer to a toss up ATM. They can actually score while we prefer to turn the ball over. Unless we figure out how to have a semi -decent offense this year, it's going to get ugly.

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2024 at 3:06 PM, HAPvsOA said:

After last week, it's hard to think we'll be favored vs Oklahoma or Kentucky. And Vandy is probably closer to a toss up ATM. They can actually score while we prefer to turn the ball over. Unless we figure out how to have a semi -decent offense this year, it's going to get ugly.

And we have a “supposed offensive guru”. Time to earn that paycheck and take some accountability. Watching Oregon and Gabriel looks really good on the road at Ore State. Pulling for Hank and need our HC to prove he belongs in the SEC as a coach. 

• Like 1

Kinda hard to see a world where we find a CB that can stay with Burden without recruiting someone else's. Missouri should only be considered something close to a tossup if that guy can't play 

Florida is an atrocity, but this Marcel Reed kid looked a lot better than Weigman has for A&M. 

Honestly think we win against Vandy but I do feel like Diego Pavia has our head coach's soul, so I wouldn't be shocked if he kicked our ass again. 

This defensive backfield is just so bad and Durkin kinda stinks. Alot of people's preseason expectations were centered around that unit not being what it's been so far

Very improbable. Good, bad, or indifferent, it sounds and looks like Auburn's rebuild 'process' is set up to reach completion no sooner than 2026. Til then, the metrics for success are not game day performance, wins, or bowls. Any given game day, any unit, player, or coach on the field is just a random variable. Seasons are scrimmage through 2025. I don't understand it. But then, I think I finally reached the Acceptance phase for the decade of Auburn football decline.

We will all find out a lot next week.  What gives me hope is the defense has played much better in the 2nd half of games so far.  This tells me that adjustments are being made and players coached.  The offense is going to be a grind the rest of the season no matter who the Qb is.  I also don’t think this is a bad thing.  Best position is RB so Auburn should lean on them.  Give Hank and the young receivers to grow a bit and make plays as wanted and not as needed.  SEC is weird this year.  Texas, Tennessee, and Ole Miss are the only ones that have taken care of business so far.  This team will get better as the year goes.

Somebody needs to explain to Freeze that if the team doesn’t go to a bowl, the recruiting class will fall apart. That seems to be the only thing he cares about. Florida had a top 3 class this time last year, went 5-7, and lost just about everyone. 

• Sad 1