Debate thread (Sept. 10)

SLAG-91

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Well, she is a strong woman, so that’s to be expected.

Strong? Don’t know what you mean. Regardless I can’t see it.

Edited by SaltyTiger

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Because neither party has any plans to reduce the deficit.  Why bring up a point where you both have an obvious weakness?

The strategic disaster for our children of these 2 candidates.

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Where’s @ArgoEagle to critique her outfit? 

Dawg ugly as usual.  What else can I say?

45 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

ps watching trump’s highly agitated state of mind last night combined with how he would be perceived if he lost twice in a row…. imo there’s no way he accepts a negative election outcome. No way. He will not accept that brand.

It’s been discussed before but last night underscored how Jan 6th times 10 creepy this could get.

This^^^^ 

The fact that you typed the statement out and it’s 100% factual, is absolutely why it is imperative that we as a country end this sh*t now, with him. This stuff should be disqualifying for anyone. 

43 minutes ago, creed said:

Regardless of party affiliation, but did it seem weird the federal deficit was not brought in the debate? Do you think it’s an issue that needs addressing? Why isn’t it discussed?

It was discussed. 

40 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

“Woman— strong? Can’t see it.” 😉

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Because neither party has any plans to reduce the deficit.  Why bring up a point where you both have an obvious weakness?

I was pretty sure Harris brought it up in regards to Trump’s eco plan doubling the deficit but I could be wrong. 

Just now, Didba said:

I was pretty sure Harris brought it up in regards to Trump’s eco plan doubling the deficit but I could be wrong. 

She may have criticized that one aspect of a specific plan, but she can't credibly claim to be fiscally responsible or reducing the deficit.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Brother, when she hammered on abortion rights and talked about the couple in the parking lot with a miscarriage… 

that was extremely strong and powerful for women everywhere.  

Just now, TitanTiger said:

She may have criticized that one aspect of a specific plan, but she can't credibly claim to be fiscally responsible or reducing the deficit.  

Gotcha, that’s fair. The other poster just said it wasn’t bought up and I remembered that it was at least touched upon.

Thanks for the clarification. Appreciate ya. 

48 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

She does MUCH better being serious and leaning on her prosecutor roots than when trying to funny or coy - that’s when she’s painful.

It’s a question of context. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Two parties.

I will scream this from the hilltops:

WE NEED A MULTIPARTY PROPORTIONAL ELECTORAL SYSTEM WITHOUT THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

She is not impressive one bit. Trump is easy prey. Kamala seems rehearsed and phony.

She looked like a prosecutor with rehearsed lines trying to convince a jury that the defendant is guilty.   That's what she is. That's all she knows.

She knows how to lie with a straight face, and did it quite often.  Her road to the White House is making ignorant people believe she is somebody she is not.

As bad as Trump looked at times last night, his success was this:  She failed to answer the very 1st question she was asked;  Are citizens in this country better off today than 4 years ago.  That was very much in Trump's favor.

Secondly he tore her a new one when he talked about her being a Marxist.  The faces she made were priceless bc she knew it was true.

Thirdly saying that they could wake Joe Biden up right now and close the border.  She had no answer for that.

Lastly nailed her in his closing statements when he pointed out  Why has she not done the things she needed to do for the country in the last 4 years?

The prosecution rests Comrade Salty.   Shocks My Brain wanted me to comment on her pantsuit last night & I did.

I am commissioning you to argue with the Dems going forward.

20 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

She looked like a prosecutor with rehearsed lines trying to convince a jury that the defendant is guilty.   That's what she is. That's all she knows.

She knows how to lie with a straight face, and did it quite often.  Her road to the White House is making ignorant people believe she is somebody she is not.

As bad as Trump looked at times last night, his success was this:  She failed to answer the very 1st question she was asked;  Are citizens in this country better off today than 4 years ago.  That was very much in Trump's favor.

Secondly he tore her a new one when he talked about her being a Marxist.  The faces she made were priceless bc she knew it was true.

Thirdly saying that they could wake Joe Biden up right now and close the border.  She had no answer for that.

Lastly nailed her in his closing statements when he pointed out  Why has she not done the things she needed to do for the country in the last 4 years?

The prosecution rests Comrade Salty.   Shocks My Brain wanted me to comment on her pantsuit last night & I did.

What's the weather like there on Earth Two

• Haha 3

I still say that this debate will not make a huge difference one way or another. Here's why:

History, look at previous debates with Trump and he obviously was off the rails in some of them and still won. 

Neither one of them lost any of their base voters last night. This is obvious when you look at different online polls that ask who won the debate. No, it is not scientific and there are flaws, however there is still plenty of validity to them. I am not talking about any of the mainstream ones on their websites....those will be biased. What I looked at were more than a handful of local news websites of the different channels and they all showed it near a 50/50 split. Couple this with both sides saying that their side won. Look no further than this board to see evidence of that. 

Both candidates did not bother to answer questions directly. Some will point to Trump on the abortion ban, some will point to Harris on the dismal state of people's economic conditions now versus then....both were pretty significant dodges. 

I think most informed people will see that both sides lied like crazy last night. To think that KH only told 4 lies is stupid, I can name 4 right off the top of my head without even going back and watching again. 

When it comes to the election fraud, people have already made up their mind long ago if that bothers them or not. 40% of Americans still think that there was either some type of fraud or they think something happened, they just don't know what. Think about that, that is 65ish million people that are unsure about fraud. That is more than a third of voters.....yes most are republicans but there is some independents and democrats in there as well. So, just because you think he is crazy for thinking it was stolen does not mean this issue hits the same for everyone.

Got to talk about the cat in the room...........the Haitians eating cats......I agree that on the surface it looks nuts and the moderators tried like hell to make him look stupid. But, has anyone done their research on this? There is something obviously going on there. Images of people getting ducks out of the parks for food or whatever. I talked to a colleague who lives up that way this morning and he said, yes there seems to be this stuff happening. He has not seen it personally with dogs and cats, but the going through trash and hunting for food in the public parks is a real thing. In his opinion the immigrants were just dumped there and left to survive, and local officials are doing what they can to not draw attention to it.  I think this is another case of the true situation will come to light. 

Either people will stay home and not vote.

Or it comes down to picking your poison based on what issue is most important to you. 

Neither side really gained anything last night. 

I think we are in the same boat as the day before. Are people willing to say screw it and deal with the craziness that comes with him knowing the current situation of things now? I think people will, like it or not the people in office get blamed for whatever bad is going on especially with people's pocketbooks. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

She looked like a prosecutor with rehearsed lines trying to convince a jury that the defendant is guilty. Not a bad thing.

As bad as Trump looked at times last night, his success was this:  She failed to answer the very 1st question she was asked;  Are citizens in this country better off today than 4 years ago.  That was very much in Trump's favor. I’ll admit she could have handled this better by turning it on its head, saying no, and pivoting to healthcare, childcare and women’s reproductive rights.

Secondly he tore her a new one when he talked about her being a Marxist.  The faces she made were priceless bc she knew it was true. She made faces because it’s a ridiculous claim. There have been no true marxists in politics since the 80s-90s and certainly not in American politics. It’s just a buzzword.  

Thirdly saying that they could wake Joe Biden up right now and close the border.  Because it’s ridiculous. You can’t just close the border down and deny entry to everyone. It didn’t even happen during the pandemic under Trump or Biden.

Lastly nailed her in his closing statements when he pointed out  Why has she not done the things she needed to do for the country in the last 4 years? Anyone who remembers an inkling of middle school social studies knows that the vice president has no power/authority to set policy.

”Would you veto a federal law legalizing abortion?” Trump never answered.

“Is it in America’s best interest for Ukraine to win the war?” Trump never answered. 

“I have the concept of a plan.” One of Trump’s only answers to a moderator’s actual question.  

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I still say that this debate will not make a huge difference one way or another. Here's why:

History, look at previous debates with Trump and he obviously was off the rails in some of them and still won. 

Neither one of them lost any of their base voters last night. This is obvious when you look at different online polls that ask who won the debate. No, it is not scientific and there are flaws, however there is still plenty of validity to them. I am not talking about any of the mainstream ones on their websites....those will be biased. What I looked at were more than a handful of local news websites of the different channels and they all showed it near a 50/50 split. Couple this with both sides saying that their side won. Look no further than this board to see evidence of that. 

Both candidates did not bother to answer questions directly. Some will point to Trump on the abortion ban, some will point to Harris on the dismal state of people's economic conditions now versus then....both were pretty significant dodges. 

I think most informed people will see that both sides lied like crazy last night. To think that KH only told 4 lies is stupid, I can name 4 right off the top of my head without even going back and watching again. 

When it comes to the election fraud, people have already made up their mind long ago if that bothers them or not. 40% of Americans still think that there was either some type of fraud or they think something happened, they just don't know what. Think about that, that is 65ish million people that are unsure about fraud. That is more than a third of voters.....yes most are republicans but there is some independents and democrats in there as well. So, just because you think he is crazy for thinking it was stolen does not mean this issue hits the same for everyone.

Got to talk about the cat in the room...........the Haitians eating cats......I agree that on the surface it looks nuts and the moderators tried like hell to make him look stupid. But, has anyone done their research on this? There is something obviously going on there. Images of people getting ducks out of the parks for food or whatever. I talked to a colleague who lives up that way this morning and he said, yes there seems to be this stuff happening. He has not seen it personally with dogs and cats, but the going through trash and hunting for food in the public parks is a real thing. In his opinion the immigrants were just dumped there and left to survive, and local officials are doing what they can to not draw attention to it.  I think this is another case of the true situation will come to light. 

Or it comes down to picking your poison based on what issue is most important to you. 

I think we are in the same boat as the day before. Are people willing to say screw it and deal with the craziness that comes with him knowing the current situation of things now? I think people will, like it or not the people in office get blamed for whatever bad is going on especially with people's pocketbooks. 

There are zero democrats that think there was election fraud in favor of Biden. 

You are continuing to ignore a significant block of voters, that could not vote four years ago. Young women - age 18-22. Women’s healthcare is massive for that demographic and their biggest star, T Swift just endorsed Harris. 

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

So you actually believe the BS he was spewing last night?

1. His fairy tale about abortion during the 8th month of pregnancy.

2. His fairy tale about migrants eating pets.

3. His fairy tale that he "saved the Affordable Care Act" ( that was McCain)

4. His fairy tale claiming that he had nothing to do with Jan 6th.

I know it is difficult to admit but, as an adult, you should be capable of acknowledging the crazy coming out of the man's head.

• Like 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

So you actually believe the BS he was spewing last night?

1. His fairy tale about abortion during the 8th month of pregnancy.

2. His fairy tale about migrants eating pets.

3. His fairy tale that he "saved the Affordable Care Act" ( that was McCain)

4. His fairy tale claiming that he had nothing to do with Jan 6th.

I know it is difficult to admit but, as an adult, you should be capable of acknowledging the crazy coming out of the man's head.

His fairy tale claiming he has nothing to do with Project 2025. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I am trying to decide if you are another Earth Two resident or if you are orbiting Pluto....

Just now, Didba said:

There are zero democrats that think there was election fraud in favor of Biden. 

You are continuing to ignore a significant block of voters, that could not vote four years ago. Young women - age 18-22. Women’s healthcare is massive for that demographic. 

Incorrect. Quit trying to speak for everyone.

I know several that voted for Biden that think there is some sort of fraud that happened. They don’t think it caused him to win but they think something weird happened, they just don’t know what. 

That demographic may vote for Harris, but you then have to include the men on that age range as well. Younger men do not support Harris near as much as younger women do based on polling. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

His fairy tale claiming he has nothing to do with Project 2025. 

He knows....all of it... but it just gets in the way of voting the way he's already decided to...

So basically expecting an honest discussion is not consistent with reality

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Trump reminded people in states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona and Georgia of all the reasons they didn't vote for Trump last time.  He reminded them of the uncontrolled chaos that he represents.  That is how Harris will benefit from last night.  The votes that matter aren't the die hard Trump votes.  It is those 12,000 votes in Georgia that resulted in Biden winning the state and both Republican Senators being kicked out of office.  Those are the votes that both sides are trying to appeal to at this point.

2 minutes ago, economystupid said:

I am trying to decide if you are another Earth Two resident or if you are orbiting Pluto....

I’m just stating reality when it comes to how people typically vote. 

You can refute what you think about each candidate, but I challenge you to point out where I’m wrong with why I don’t think that debate changed much.