Debate thread (Sept. 10)

SLAG-91

43 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Titan has spoken. Lock the thread down, we’re done here.

He did the best summary , that’s for sure 

Edited by alanevans
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Probably made more people decide not to vote at all than making someone that was undecided go their way.

Lots of people are tired of having to vote against someone. 

This debate just highlights just how low we have sunk with our choices. 

A nutjob and someone who at least half the country knows damn well she is too far left for most people to stomach and is outright lying to try to make people think she isn't. 

If they would have put a real moderate on their ticket they would be running away in a landslide by now. 

ok, then you have my blessing to stay home

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Fair question. Liz Cheney, Mitt, and I are going to get liquored up and discuss what to do about this nightmare. No idea.

Liz is decided. Get on board with her and Dick.

So, Trump says that immigrants are EATing the pets of people, and he is bellowing that liberals are killing babies after they are born.

FACT: Neither of those are true.

Actually, I would like to have a BUZZER during debates to alert viewers when a candidate (republican or democrat) makes a false statement.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

How does what I said say that I am blaming democrats? 

SMDH. 

Apologies when you said “they” and real moderate I presumed you meant the dems

7 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Swift just endorsed Harris. Swifties unleashed god help us.

I wonder if Brittney Mahomes deletes her pro Trump social media posts now. 😅

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

I don't think the polls will show a substantial gain or drop for both candidates but Harris took Trump down hard. Completely.

Trump sounds great to his base when he is holding court at his rally’s, with zero fact checking and no cross checks. Once he doesn’t control the questions or mute button, he gets exposed very quickly and definitively. 

• Like 1

Policies and politics aside, is there a more angry, grumpy, and combative person than DJT? He looks and comes across as a very sad and miserable person. 

• Like 1

And on cue, Don runs to his safe space. Declaring debate victory and blaming the debate moderators. (And hyping Brittney Mahomes 😅)

IMG_3872.jpeg

The hard truth is Hilary was winning the debates in the past as well. It is baffling me how people feel comfortable voting for this guy but here we are. It will be a close race imo which speaks volumes of the USA.

• Like 6

One other thing I noticed: the talking heads have been saying that Harris was able to get to Trump about his crowd sizes. If you go back to the sound bite, however, she didn't actually mention anything about the size of the crowds. All she said was they were getting exhausted and bored, and leaving early. Trump was the one who then mentioned how huge his crowds are.

I don't know if she intentionally avoided mentioning anything about crowd size in order to let Trump hang himself, but if so I think it was a really smart move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

The hard truth is Hilary was winning the debates in the past as well. It is baffling me how people feel comfortable voting for this guy but here we are. It will be a close race imo which speaks volumes of the USA.

Yes, I thought about that…we can feel good about the beatdown KH gave him but then we have to remember DT voters are by definition not living in reality 

• Like 2

It’s unclear if debates really matter. IMO whats critical is whether Harris’s appearance of a moderate pivot is believed or seen as pandering .to moderates.

A friend sent me this watching the debate:

"i swear kamala could be a convicted murderer and he'd talk about how he'd do a murder better than she did a murder and he'd murder more people because he'd be better at murder."

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s unclear if debates really matter. IMO whats critical is whether Harris’s appearance of a moderate pivot is believed or seen as pandering .to moderates.

I think in a tight race it helps with folks who don’t want Trump, but wondered if she was “strong” and could respond without a teleprompter.

• Like 2

ps watching trump’s highly agitated state of mind last night combined with how he would be perceived if he lost twice in a row…. imo there’s no way he accepts a negative election outcome. No way. He will not accept that brand.

It’s been discussed before but last night underscored how Jan 6th times 10 creepy this could get.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I think in a tight race it helps with folks who don’t want Trump, but wondered if she was “strong” and could respond without a teleprompter.

She does MUCH better being serious and leaning on her prosecutor roots than when trying to funny or coy - that’s when she’s painful.

Regardless of party affiliation, but did it seem weird the federal deficit was not brought in the debate? Do you think it’s an issue that needs addressing? Why isn’t it discussed?

Just now, creed said:

Regardless of party affiliation, but did it seem weird the federal deficit was not brought in the debate? Do you think it’s an issue that needs addressing? Why isn’t it discussed?

Because neither party has any plans to reduce the deficit.  Why bring up a point where you both have an obvious weakness?

• Like 2