Debate thread (Sept. 10)

SLAG-91

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Says you. I work around Ole Miss and UTk fans. 

I was making a joke in the reverse. 

You can tell it was very funny since I have to explain it. 

• Haha 1

I’ll just sum it up like this.

If that was a deposition and he was the corporate representative for a massive company we are suing? My boss and I would be walking out of there grinning ear to ear. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think for women it might have.

100% it did. 

It was an utter rout - mostly because he was committing seppuku on stage saying idiotic s***, taking the bait repeatedly over unimportant stuff and repeating crazy rumors (Haitians eating our cats!)

He acted like the overgrown child he is and managed to make her of all people look presidential.

Good grief.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Kamala needled Trump very well, while still sounding professional. I guarantee Trump is fuming right now. 

Trump got the L. Kamala proved she is a good speaker, despite the "word salad" claims. 

Will any of it matter? Who knows. 

• Like 2

This debate is a great example of what happens when someone doesn't want those around him to use the word "prepare."

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Didba said:

And that was defeated by her and the moderators asking if he would veto a federal abortion legalization bill and he wouldn’t answer three separate times.

That destroyed him with moderates. 

If it was the only concern for moderates it would have destroyed him. Really going to boil down to what people think of the economy at this point and they will remember that she also dodged questions such as not answering if things are more expensive and people being worse off now than 3.5 years ago. That will stick in people's minds as well.

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

God these talking heads on CNN are ******* idiots too. 

Run from CNN as fast as you can! LOL 

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It was an utter rout - mostly because he was committing seppuku on stage saying idiotic s***, taking the bait repeatedly over unimportant stuff and repeating crazy rumors (Haitians eating our cats!)

He acted like the overgrown child he is and managed to make her of all people look presidential.

Good grief.

Titan has spoken. Lock the thread down, we’re done here.

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I liked the guy in the beginning who made the fishing reference. That entire panel save for Chris Wallace was mind numbing. 

Know what’s funny? If a regular guy said stuff that Trump said today, we’d look at him funny and just ignore him completely. But no, he’s actually running for the most powerful position in the world. Sigh

• Like 2

By any objective measure she won. But we all know that such things are hardly objective. 

17 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Hah, my wife asked how anyone can watch the debate and still vote for Trump. I just laughed and said they didn’t watch the debate they just watched this. And switch over to Hannity on Fox. 

after about five minutes she understood. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Ah yes, a supremely scientific poll that goes by simply clicking a button. 

Hey don’t shoot the messenger it’s there if you want to look at it or not. 

Going into this, I thought Harris just needed to hold her own and show that she can be competent on the world stage. Basically just show that she's a viable alternative for those that haven't seen her or paid much attention. She easily cleared that bar. 

It drives me crazy when a candidate won't answer a question and goes off on a tangent. Harris really did this on prices/inflation (strange to me, because it's easily shown it was caused by Covid and we have recovered faster than just about every advanced economy) and her shift on some of the issues. Trump, of course, did it on just about everything.

Policy aside, in terms of debate performance, Harris really dominated. One of her key points - that dictators want Trump in office because they can manipulate him by appealing to his vanity - was driven home for everyone to see by what she did to him. She got under his skin early, specifically by going after his rally crowds, and he was never the same after that. If he can become unhinged just by that, why wouldn't you think a dictator could manipulate him?

• Like 2

According to Donald, Israel will be destroyed and exist no more if Harris wins.  I'm certain that opinion is as respected as the mouth that it came from by leaders around the world.

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Hah, my wife asked how anyone can watch the debate and still vote for Trump. I just laughed and said they didn’t watch the debate they just watched this. And switch over to Hannity on Fox. 

after about five minutes she understood. 

It is truly pathetic.