Debate thread (Sept. 10)

SLAG-91

We had some bad ones. 

I have concepts of a plan. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Didba said:

I have concepts of a plan. 

Only person more vague about a solution than a politician is a sales guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Disagree. Whole lot of moderates support women’s rights, that’s a huge issue for Trump that he has no real defense on for moderates. 

Actually he did. 

She proved his point that people are voting for their individual rights in the different states. 

• Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Again, we see what we want but I agree he seems angry and just spouting a lot of retreaded rants - some from 2015. No idea how undecideds will react to it.

She’s talking about stuff she will do, he’s just yelling about how horrible everything is. Name one plan he’s talked about tonight other than his tariffs? It’s insane that he gets away with the amateur sh*t.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Not sure. Trump needed to be the voice of reason tonight, not the grumpy old guy. I consider myself a moderate conservative who certainly doesn’t love Harris but I find myself wanting to take a break every time Trump speaks. Imo it underscores the gop could and should have traded up in the primaries.

Supporting Harris now?

3 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Actually he did. 

She proved his point that people are voting for their individual rights in the different states. 

And that was defeated by her and the moderators asking if he would veto a federal abortion legalization bill and he wouldn’t answer three separate times.

That destroyed him with moderates. 

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

WHY WOULD CHINA BUILD PLANTS IN MEXICO

Edited by Didba

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

She’s talking about stuff she will do, he’s just yelling about how horrible everything is. Name one plan he’s talked about tonight other than his tariffs? It’s insane that he gets away with the amateur sh*t.

Respectfully, she’s trying to pivot to more moderate positions than her history. But yes, Trump is flailing and tariffs are a proven economic train wreck (just like Harris wanting to run amok on capital gain taxes…).

1 minute ago, Didba said:

WHY WOULD CHINA BUILD PLANTS IN MEXICO

Because tariffs. 

So if I’m to buy a car made in Mexico I am to pay more? That doesn’t sound very cool. 

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Respectfully, she’s trying to pivot to more moderate positions than her history. But yes, Trump is flailing and tariffs are a proven economic train wreck (just like Harris wanting to run amok on capital gain taxes…).

You’re allowed to change how you feel about fracking. People change how they feel about things literally every day. What people should be more concerned about is that Trump seems to have no plan for anything that he can coherently speak about. And he’s proving it here tonight yet again. He’s sensationalizing every topic because he knows no details. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Streaming.

Feel like I’m participating in an Auburn game thread with less arguing and vitriol. 

Stakes aren't as high. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Supporting Harris now?

Fair question. Liz Cheney, Mitt, and I are going to get liquored up and discuss what to do about this nightmare. No idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Because tariffs. 

So if I’m to buy a car made in Mexico I am to pay more? That doesn’t sound very cool. 

Fair point, I was not good at economics lol

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Fair question. Liz Cheney, Mitt, and I are going to get liquored up and discuss what to do about this nightmare. No idea.

Well, Liz has already decided!

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

She does not even know what her positions were at this point. She said she was for frac-ing in 2020, but she's on video saying she is against it. 

I cannot grasp how anyone can listen to this debate and not be tired of the blow hard and his obvious self serving lies.  If it isn't a lie, it is an insult.  More often than not, it is a lie and insult all meshed together in an effort to paint a picture devoid of reality.

Kamala Harris should be relatively easy to defeat in a national election, but she will likely be ahead after this debate because the alternative is a man hell bent on not accepting responsibility for his own actions and instead of acting like a leader, he acts like a 7th grade insecure bully.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

So, like I said, it didn't move the needle much. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You’re allowed to change how you feel about fracking. People change how they feel about things literally every day. What people should be more concerned about is that Trump seems to have no plan for anything that he can coherently speak about. And he’s proving it here tonight yet again. He’s sensationalizing every topic because he knows no details. 

He’s an instinctual deal/sales guy. He’s not a planner or really even a thinker. Ready fire aim. Great for real estate transactions and maybe reading a room poker  - but as his history had shown, not much else.

• Like 1

I don't think the polls will show a substantial gain or drop for both candidates but Harris took Trump down hard. Completely.

• Like 2