Debate thread (Sept. 10)

SLAG-91

21 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

People also notice that when they do their own research some of the crazy stuff Trump says is actually true.

You’re MAGA but would prefer someone less obvious.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Luckily, I don't have to vote for him where I live.  I can sit this one out if I want or write someone in still if I want. He will win Texas regardless. This time around I might just vote for him because for me it becomes clearer everyday of reasons why I don't want Biden or Harris in the WH anymore. I have stated plenty of time before I would have voted for RFKJr and Joe Manchin even if they were still on a democratic ticket. 

Let's be clear, you are the one that has demented hate towards someone, not me. My opinion of one's policies is not driven by hate, it is driven by what I think is best for the country and my family. 

Out of the two choices we have, absolutely no doubt I want him to win over Harris. 

This is an understatement to say the least. 

People aren't going to be fooled again, it's going to be a hard sell to convince everyday American's (that have not already decided they don't like him)  that Harris is better than Biden will be and that she will be better than Trump. Trump doesn't have to spell out every policy, because we already know what a Trump presidency looks like. If you are concerned with the economy, and immigration and especially immigration when things like Aurora are happening and the left tries to gaslight everyone and say it's not happening. People take notice.

People do notice when the media screams that Trump is racists because he says the obvious, that Harris uses identity politics to get votes. Hell her own dad said he was ashamed of her doing so in the past when on Charlamagne's show. People notice.

People notice when debate moderators fact check Trump mid debate and interrupt him, but not Harris. People also notice that when they do their own research some of the crazy stuff Trump says is actually true. 

There's a reason why he gets more popular when you'd think the opposite would happen. 

I would rather have him for 4 years and then be done and move on than what we have now. 

Understand. The bigger issues imo are trumps childish antics, pure chaos, border line traitorous behavior, daily conspiracies, and sheer angry guy divisiveness.  He’s a disaster bigger than policy. Trump is no longer a breath of fresh air, he’s the totally crazy ex who tried 12 times to burn your house down.

• Like 2

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Understand. The bigger issues imo are trumps childish antics, pure chaos, border line traitorous behavior, daily conspiracies, and sheer angry guy divisiveness.  He’s a disaster bigger than policy. Trump is no longer a breath of fresh air, he’s the totally crazy ex who tried 12 times to burn your house down.

And that will be felt far more in a second term. The first term doesn’t begin to define the second without guardrails or any establishment Republicans to steer or tap brakes.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

People aren't going to be  every People also notice that when they do their own research some of the crazy stuff Trump says is actually true.  

Aside from the laptop, what other crazy stuff has Trump said that ended up being true?

Just now, Leftfield said:

Aside from the laptop, what other crazy stuff has Trump said that ended up being true?

And the laptop was meaningless.

24 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re MAGA but would prefer someone less obvious.

You just don't like people who don't fall in line with your thinking end of story. 

Do you live in Texas still? Or is it an old moniker? 

Just now, wdefromtx said:

You just don't like people who don't fall in line with your thinking end of story. 

Do you live in Texas still? Or is it an old moniker? 

You’re a MAGA boy that desperately wants Trump to win but gets indignant if anyone suggests you’re voting for him. You couldn’t be more full of *+#%.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

For starters, when Trump talked about surgeries for illegals in prison. 

KFILE: Harris pledged support in 2019 to cut ICE funding and provide transgender surgery to detained migrants | CNN Politics

Then there is the up to birth and after birth abortions that he was mocked for when we know that it is allowed. 

ABC Debate Moderator’s Fact Check Ignores What Tim Walz’s State Can Do To Infants Born Alive After Attempted Abortions (msn.com)

There's more. You just have to do your own looking. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Though I’m hesitant to support anything that might further dumb down government, it might be a good idea and offer broader opportunities to blue collar Americans. I don’t think anyone believes Harris was captain of the chess team but if she can pragmatically adopt and implement good concepts - who cares where the idea came from?

To be fair, her mother was a research scientist and her father a published economics professor at Stanford.  I'd be willing to bet that her aptitude is in the top 10%.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re a MAGA boy that desperately wants Trump to win but gets indignant if anyone suggests you’re voting for him. You couldn’t be more full of *+#%.

Says the blue MAGA hall monitor that throws a tantrum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If I vote for him at this point, I have the satisfaction of knowing it cancels your vote for Harris here in Texas. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

For starters, when Trump talked about surgeries for illegals in prison. 

KFILE: Harris pledged support in 2019 to cut ICE funding and provide transgender surgery to detained migrants | CNN Politics

Then there is the up to birth and after birth abortions that he was mocked for when we know that it is allowed. 

ABC Debate Moderator’s Fact Check Ignores What Tim Walz’s State Can Do To Infants Born Alive After Attempted Abortions (msn.com)

There is no such thing as an after birth abortion. Trump should have been mocked. His sources have never been without their own agenda and he buys into everything he hears. This is why U.S. Intelligence services are so guarded with him.  He makes very little effort to become informed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Says the blue MAGA hall monitor that throws a tantrum. 

For Godsakes don’t you have anything else to do? You’ve been carrying on since the debate trying to convince people that Trump won, that voting for him is a good idea,,,,whatever point you thought you were making by now you’ve either made it or not.

Now please for the love of all that is holy go do something else. Anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There is no such thing as an after birth abortion. Trump should have been mocked. His sources have never been without their own agenda and he buys into everything he hears. This is why U.S. Intelligence services are so guarded with him.  He makes very little effort to become informed.

Ignored the links I see. 

Wait, you are the one that ignores actual proof when presented. IE when I showed you where CNN, ABC et al. Did call her the border czar and you tried to say they didn't. 

Edited by wdefromtx
  • Like 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Just upset your phony ass got busted. 🤣

How did I get busted?  I stated weeks if not a month ago I might vote for Trump.....I believe it was when Coffee asked me when RFKJr. dropped out. 

7 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

If I vote for him at this point, I have the satisfaction of knowing it cancels your vote for Harris here in Texas. 

I’m actually your neighbor. I know more about you than you know.

Again -maga chose overwhelmingly to curb stomp Desantis and Haley (either whod be ahead right now).  Both would given them policy without the sociopathy. But this isn’t about policy or Harris. It’s purely about Trump following.

5 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Ignored the links I see. 

Wait, you are the one that ignores actual proof when presented. IE when I showed you where CNN, ABC et al. Did call her the border czar and you tried to say they didn't. 

I simply don't remember anyone calling her the border czar.  If they did... then so be it.  As to abortion, believe what you will.  The fact is that the only reason a late term abortion is ever performed is due to health concerns.  Even then, steps are taken to have a live surgical birth, unless the fetus is incapable of living or is already a still born.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

You are Raghu? Damn, thanks again for helping me fix that sprinkler zone that stopped working. 

Or are you Huang? The smoker always smells good, I have to tell ya. 

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Honestly don't recall this ever being in question. From what I remember she always supported it, at least from when she ran for President last time. 

I also don't see why you claim that's a crazy thing. I don't personally support it, but I don't remember people saying it wasn't a thing.

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Misleading as hell. A doctor won't perform an abortion in the third trimester unless there's a serious abnormality, usually one that would not allow a child to survive. Comfort care for a botched abortion instead of life saving care makes perfect sense, considering the whole point is that the child would die, anyway.

As to "after birth" abortions, my assumption was he was talking about abortions after a child had been carried to full term? If so, that wouldn't be an abortion, it would be murder. Correct me if I'm wrong, because that is an insane claim and it is not legal.

19 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Considering the validity of your first two examples, I doubt it.

13 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

As far as the border czar, I literally posted clips from the various channels and you tried telling me it was not them stating what they said. 

You are trying to hide behind words with the abortion stuff. This is what he meant and you know it. 

Walz, however, signed an omnibus bill in 2023 that allowed physicians to refuse life-saving care to infants born after failed abortions.

Twenty-four abortion procedures between 2015 and 2022 led to live births, according to Minnesota Department of Health records. Of the infants born alive during abortion procedures between 2015 and 2022, medical professionals provided seven with “comfort care” in an attempt to make their deaths more comfortable whereas “no specific steps taken to preserve life were reported” in one 2017 case, the National Catholic Register reported.

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Crap. A Texas slugfest firing up and I’ve got to leave for dinner.

45 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Link?

This wasn't what I posted the first time but here you go....took two seconds to find. 

Edited by wdefromtx