Debate thread (Sept. 10)

SLAG-91

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

She needed to get to it quickly and more sharply, but she did answer the questions.

Didn't watch it I see. 🤣

30K Comments and I challenge you to find any defending her. 

There are some pretty funny ones though!

Interviewer: "Madam Vice President what day of the week is it?"

Harris: "I grew up in a middle-class family....."

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Didn't watch it I see. 🤣

30K Comments and I challenge you to find any defending her. 

There are some pretty funny ones though!

Interviewer: "Madam Vice President what day of the week is it?"

Harris: "I grew up in a middle-class family....."

Did watch. Just didn’t start with your bias toward lying. Didn’t think it was great. But she did answer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Did watch. Just didn’t start with your bias toward lying. Didn’t think it was great. But she did answer. 

She did answer with word salads and an exact repeat of the crap she said at the debate. "An opportunity economy and I love my mom." 

She needs to do more of these, it will really help her. 🤣

No wonder Trump is starting to widen the gap with people that think he will improve the economy. 

5 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

She did answer with word salads and an exact repeat of the crap she said at the debate. "An opportunity economy and I love my mom." 

She needs to do more of these, it will really help her. 🤣

No wonder Trump is starting to widen the gap with people that think he will improve the economy. 

I see you didn’t watch or are too biased to listen. She needs sharper, more concise answers in interviews. That’s an objective appraisal. He asked for one or two . She gave answers. You’re lying again.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

I see you didn’t watch or are too biased to listen. She needs sharper, more concise answers in interviews. That’s an objective appraisal. He asked for one or two . She gave answers. You’re lying again.

Her answers were her rambling about stuff that has nothing to do with the questions at hand. She regurgitated the same stuff as the debate and sprinkled in more random crap. 

This interview was for her to clarify her stance on issues, especially for PA voters. She blew it. People know about as much as they did after the debate. The only one she answered more directly related to the question was about guns, that's it. But, that is not the question people care as much about, and most people already know where she stands on guns. 

Do you think this interview helped her? 

12 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Her answers were her rambling about stuff that has nothing to do with the questions at hand.

Says the Trump supporter. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Edited by homersapien

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

What does cro pay have to do with anything? Market pricing. Drs too? Everyone?

I will start a thread on this when I get a little more time, but there are a few things we should all be able to agree on.

1.  Nobody should be denied treatment for a medical condition.(by law under the Emergency Medical Treatment Act and other statutes)

2. Diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions before they become life threatening saves money and benefits the patient.

3.  Prescription drug costs in the U.S. should not be 10 times, 20 times and more what they are in other similar countries.

4. Administrative costs are out of control. (A uniform national standard for medical coding and coverage of conditions makes sense)

5. There are too many hands in the pot.  Spending 20% of our GDP on healthcare spending currently benefits those hands moreso than Americans that need care.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You cite what you deem as low profit as supposed evidence that’s not where the problem is in healthcare costs. Fallacious argument. Our money goes into the whole apparatus of the insurance industry, not just the profits after expenses. Outrageous compensation packages averaging over $20M a year for each insurance company (and we’re not even looking at all the executives paid to deny us coverage) ceo is relevant to any thinking person who doesn’t start with the assumption that corporate America is entitled to take the lions share of “healthcare” expenditure. I don’t see how anyone can discuss the problem with healthcare costs if insurance company costs aren’t part of the equation.

They certainly are part of the equation/ecosystem, but for anyone who knows how to read an income statement  - they’re not the real problem.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Crazy right?1?  

Not crazy. Just needs to tighten response and spend less time “introducing herself” in this context. And add this:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not crazy. Just needs to tighten response and spend less time “introducing herself” in this context. And add this:

LMAO. 

Guess she's hoping to pick up Mike Rowe and other conservatives. 

Wonder what she will copy next. 

Edited by wdefromtx

13 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

LMAO. 

If she agreed with everything you wanted you’d still hate her just because. That’s your whole approach to politics.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If she agreed with everything you wanted you’d still hate her just because. That’s your whole approach to politics.

Though I’m hesitant to support anything that might further dumb down government, it might be a good idea and offer broader opportunities to blue collar Americans. I don’t think anyone believes Harris was captain of the chess team but if she can pragmatically adopt and implement good concepts - who cares where the idea came from?

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not true, just so happens she doesn't really represent the things I want. If she did, she would have my vote.  It's pretty simple. She's Biden 2.0 but even more leftist and I think they have done a poor job and why would I want to stay in that direction? 

You assume I hate her, because you hate people with differing values and what they want. I dislike her, I dislike Trump, but I don't hate either one of them. 

As Bernie Sanders said, she will say anything to get votes.

I trust Bernie over her because with him, I know where he stands. 

Edited by wdefromtx

7 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Not true, just so happens she doesn't really represent the things I want. If she did, she would have my vote.  It's pretty simple. She's Biden 2.0 but even more leftist and I think they have done a poor job and why would I want to stay in that direction? 

You assume I hate her, because you hate people with differing values and what they want. I dislike her, I dislike Trump, but I don't hate either one of them. 

As Bernie Sanders said, she will say anything to get votes.

I trust Bernie over her because with him, I know where he stands. 

I assume you hate her because of your posts.

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Though I’m hesitant to support anything that might further dumb down government, it might be a good idea and offer broader opportunities to blue collar Americans. I don’t think anyone believes Harris was captain of the chess team but if she can pragmatically adopt and implement good concepts - who cares where the idea came from?

There are jobs that obviously require certain educational credentials. For others, the requirement was added, but not truly needed if someone can demonstrate appropriate skill level or experience. It’s a trend. One need not originate it.

• Like 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

I assume you hate her because of your posts.

When have you seen me say she's only made her way to the top because of sexual favors, when have you heard me calling her a cackling hyena, when have you heard me make any disparaging jokes regarding her race etc? 

I can however call her out and make fun of what she says, how she says it and how she believes in things I do not. That isn't hate. 

39 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

LMAO. 

Hard to believe you can channel all your demented Kamala hate into voting for a write-in candidate.

Come clean, you're going to vote for Trump.

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Hard to believe you can channel all your demented Kamala hate into voting for a write-in candidate.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but the Harris hate is kinda understandable due to all theTrump hate.  A never ending reciprocal firing squad. I’m hopeful that this vitriol somewhat quiet downs when Trump goes away.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Should have posted link and now I can’t find it. It was more the paperwork requisite to avoid litigation.  Here is a similar article.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/content/briefs/role-administrative-waste-excess-us-health-spending

Gotcha. I was thinking surely not med mal

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Luckily, I don't have to vote for him where I live.  I can sit this one out if I want or write someone in still if I want. He will win Texas regardless. This time around I might just vote for him because for me it becomes clearer everyday of reasons why I don't want Biden or Harris in the WH anymore. I have stated plenty of time before I would have voted for RFKJr and Joe Manchin even if they were still on a democratic ticket. 

Let's be clear, you are the one that has demented hate towards someone, not me. My opinion of one's policies is not driven by hate, it is driven by what I think is best for the country and my family. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

At least you want Trump to win. Right?

Out of the two choices we have, absolutely no doubt I want him to win over Harris. 

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this but the Harris hate is kinda understandable due to all theTrump hate.  A never ending reciprocal firing squad. I’m hopeful that this vitriol somewhat quiet downs when Trump goes away.

This is an understatement to say the least. 

People aren't going to be fooled again, it's going to be a hard sell to convince everyday American's (that have not already decided they don't like him)  that Harris is better than Biden will be and that she will be better than Trump. Trump doesn't have to spell out every policy, because we already know what a Trump presidency looks like. If you are concerned with the economy, and immigration and especially immigration when things like Aurora are happening and the left tries to gaslight everyone and say it's not happening. People take notice.

People do notice when the media screams that Trump is racists because he says the obvious, that Harris uses identity politics to get votes. Hell her own dad said he was ashamed of her doing so in the past when on Charlamagne's show. People notice.

People notice when debate moderators fact check Trump mid debate and interrupt him, but not Harris. People also notice that when they do their own research some of the crazy stuff Trump says is actually true. 

There's a reason why he gets more popular when you'd think the opposite would happen. 

I would rather have him for 4 years and then be done and move on than what we have now. 

Edited by wdefromtx
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

because we already know what a Trump presidency looks like. If you are concerned with the economy

Highly ignorant statement.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

People notice when debate moderators fact check Trump mid debate and interrupt him, but not Harris.

They called out the 3 most outrageous and inflammatory lies.  MAGA heads explode.  Reasonable people don’t mind those being called out and reasonable people know she didn’t say anything comparable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1