Debate thread (Sept. 10)

SLAG-91

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

I watch it bc he is an entertainer and he is hilarious.  I am not a political junkie like many on this site.

They did in fact, not fiction, fact check Trump several times to Harris' 0.  You can't deny that.

She made several statements, such as the Virginia hoax, which has been proven several times to be taken out of context.

She was not pressed on any (vital) issues that she has been caught on tape saying in the past that people who don't follow politics regularly need to know about before they vote.   Everybody knows what Trump's Presidency was about and they know what they will get bc they lived through it.  He has nothing to prove.

She has everything to prove, and the moderators did not do their job in getting her to prove anything to the voters except when she studies for 2 weeks behind closed doors that she can be articulate in telling her lies and can talk a good game when she forces herself to be serious as if she was in a courtroom, which is really all she knows.

She is a phony.  She has no idea how to govern.   She has no policies except the ones she is hand written to quote from someone like Obama, or Pelosi.

I predict she WILL NOT DEBATE TRUMP on Fox bc she knows they will press her on her past issues (that's when she would fall apart like in the past)

Why do you think she dodged the question  Are Americans better off today than they were 4 years ago?  Why?   Yall need to wake up!

I'm done with this

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91w2gettcrzouyg27qi0

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He told umpteen whoppers and was fact checked on 3 of them. Your arguing context on the fine people on both sides comment.

I know this is not meant for me. No clue why it tagged me as the main culprit of this post.

There's this weird ancient proverb at play that says "the more you lie, the more you're fact checked" or something like that.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Odds makers don’t agree with you but you could be right.  If your that confident - bet big.  

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/09/11/us-president-odds-2024-kamala-harris-donald-trump-debate-election/75145306007/

RCP average betting odds has Harris up 3 points.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/betting-odds/2024/president

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Gullible is believing that Donald "has a plan" when it comes to health care.  You know.... that perfect health care that everyone was waiting for in 2016.

Who said Donald had a health care plan? I could have sworn I heard him say they had "concepts of a plan" which is an entirely different claim. And for the record, I'm not voting for Trump anyway.

My post was about Harris and her statement, "I have a plan." Welp, you had a border plan too and it sucked from day 1. And for the record, I'll not be voting for Harris either. 

The two choices are pathetic. Period.

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

He is an entertainer and not a serious news source.  Unfortunately, many of you can't seem to get your heads around that fact.

Bro, it's a comedy show. 

Lighten up and don't have so much hate in your heart. Laugh a little. It will serve you well.

7 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Gullible is believing that Donald "has a plan" when it comes to health care.  You know.... that perfect health care that everyone was waiting for in 2016 2008.

FIFY, we were told we would get perfect health care back in 2008 and those that already had it could keep their plan. That turned out to be absolutely false. 

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

FIFY, we were told we would get perfect health care back in 2008 and those that already had it could keep their plan. That turned out to be absolutely false. 

And you haven’t paid attention since— so why post?

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

RCP average betting odds has Harris up 3 points.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/betting-odds/2024/president

If I were a betting person my money would be on Trump. She needs to be up by more than 6-7 in betting odds and equally similar in polling averages to offset the underestimating of Trump in the polls based on last two cycles. 

Edited by wdefromtx

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

If I were a betting person my money would be on Trump. She needs to be up by more than 6-7 in betting odds and equally similar to offset the underestimating of Trump in the polls based on last two cycles. 

Tend to agree with you. Probably reached her plateau. She over performed in the debate. With said still not impressive imo, as Trump is poor in that type of set up. 

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Tend to agree with you. Probably reached her plateau. She over performed in the debate. With said still not impressive imo, as Trump is poor in that type of set up. 

She is what her record says she is. 

I was watching some clips of one of the panels where they were asking voters from both sides and independents their take on the debate and why or why not they would vote for whoever. 

They all made valid points for what they were thinking for the most part. 

Then one of the democrats was asked if she thought she knew what Harris's position would be she said "Yes, I got checks from Kamala and got nothing from Trump." 🤣

Everything was logical and then I was like.....

Los mejores memes de Leonardo DiCaprio compartidos en las redes ...

Edited by wdefromtx

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

Since what? 

If your response to current candidates is what a candidate said when Bush was President, you’re hardly keeping up, are you?

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Who said Donald had a health care plan? I could have sworn I heard him say they had "concepts of a plan" which is an entirely different claim. And for the record, I'm not voting for Trump anyway.

My post was about Harris and her statement, "I have a plan." Welp, you had a border plan too and it sucked from day 1. And for the record, I'll not be voting for Harris either. 

The two choices are pathetic. Period.

I believe he has said since 2016 that he had a plan to repeal Obamacare and pass his own healthcare legislation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

To be fair, Obamacare was seriously undermined by republicans in congress and its final form was not close to what it was originally intended to be. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

To be fair, Obamacare was seriously undermined by republicans in congress and its final form was not close to what it was originally intended to be. 

What did republicans have changed with the law so that they would vote for it? It's been a while, I don't remember. Serious question. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Didba said:

To be fair, Obama and Biden absolutely did say that you can keep your doctor and keep your plan. Biden even said it was a big f***ing deal to an open mike. That was a total lie. 

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

To be fair, Obama and Biden absolutely did say that you can keep your doctor and keep your plan. Biden even said it was a big f***ing deal to an open mike. That was a total lie. 

Insurance companies and politicians got richer from it and continue to. Which is why it will never really change. 

8 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Biden said passing it was a BFD. And there’s nothing in the law that prevents you from using your previous doctor. Insurance contracts with providers routinely change. I lost my doctor a couple of times prior to Obama care because they stopped taking my insurance.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

What did republicans have changed with the law so that they would vote for it? It's been a while, I don't remember. Serious question. 

I’m still at work so this was the only source I could find within a couple of minutes. it’s not the best and I’m aware it doesn’t really answer your question. I’ll try and find a better source later if one of my cohorts can’t answer your question. 

“It’s worth noting that many facets of the Republican’s health care agenda at the time made it into the Affordable Care Act. The Affordable Care Act was a private market plan, and it dropped a long-held Democratic priority to include a public option.” 

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2017/mar/16/luis-gutierrez/rep-gutierrez-says-hundreds-republican-amendments-/

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

I’m still at work so this was the only source I could find within a couple of minutes. it’s not the best. I’ll try and find one later if one of my cohorts can’t answer your question. 

“It’s worth noting that many facets of the Republican’s health care agenda at the time made it into the Affordable Care Act. The Affordable Care Act was a private market plan, and it dropped a long-held Democratic priority to include a public option.” 

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2017/mar/16/luis-gutierrez/rep-gutierrez-says-hundreds-republican-amendments-/

Is this the one republicans passed? 

3 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Is this the one republicans passed? 

It’s essentially what the heritage foundation proposed and Romney adapted in MA. But Republicans in the Senate kept teasing support that never came after numerous concessions.