Debate thread (Sept. 10)

SLAG-91

Just now, wdefromtx said:

This is exactly what I am referring to. I am willing to say many will feel the same way you do about Trump winning the election. 

I think I have already established that Trump supporters are irrational. 

So what you say may be true but it doesn't surprise me.  Again, it's a minority of people who feel that way.  People who constantly feel victimized and who don't think critically.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

BS on Biden's racist past.  Are you talking about the crime bill?  I wouldn't call that racist.

Are you aware of the charges against Trump - and particularly his father - regarding discrimination?  Then there's the "Central Park five". Then there's the dinners with white nationalists; "****hole countries", "black jobs" being stolen, and now, Haitians eating pets.

Biden something jungle something something.......he has a racist past. 

• Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I think I have already established that Trump supporters are irrational. 

So what you say may be true but it doesn't surprise me.  Again, it's a minority of people who feel that way.  People who constantly feel victimized and who don't think critically.

Yeah, you just described many liberals as well. 

I agree that only a minority of his supporters will want harm to come out if she wins because "we deserve it."

Guess 70-80 million people are irrational by your standards. 

Edited by wdefromtx

19 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Drinking game not included.

Have at it, folks.

Dude, it was sad. Sad. Sad. This is the best we have? Can we at least get a B Team? God help us.

18 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

RIP to a lot of livers this evening. 

I should have tested the liver for sure. Would have made it palatable. The lies told by both candidates were off the charts. Embarrassing. 

17 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Muir is terrific. IMO best anchor on tv.

Well, somebody drank heavily. ;D  Props!

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Well, somebody drank heavily. ;D  Props!

Dana/Tapper and CNN were much better.... surprisingly. And I don't give CNN props often. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

He goes off on rants, but people will see through her BS as well.

I seriously don't think this will move the needle one way or another. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/some-undecided-voters-not-convinced-by-harris-after-debate-with-trump/ar-AA1qmVYz

Kamala Harris was widely seen as dominating Tuesday's presidential debate against Republican former president Donald Trump, but a group of undecided voters remained unconvinced that the Democratic vice president was the better candidate.

Reuters interviewed 10 people who were still unsure how they were going to vote in the Nov. 5 election before they watched the debate. Six said afterward they would now either vote for Trump or were leaning toward backing him. Three said they would now back Harris and one was still unsure how he would vote.

25 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Yeah, you just described many liberals as well. 

I agree that only a minority of his supporters will want harm to come out if she wins because "we deserve it."

Guess 70-80 million people are irrational by your standards. 

It's not unprecedented.  Germany in the 1930's

• Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/some-undecided-voters-not-convinced-by-harris-after-debate-with-trump/ar-AA1qmVYz

Kamala Harris was widely seen as dominating Tuesday's presidential debate against Republican former president Donald Trump, but a group of undecided voters remained unconvinced that the Democratic vice president was the better candidate.

Reuters interviewed 10 people who were still unsure how they were going to vote in the Nov. 5 election before they watched the debate. Six said afterward they would now either vote for Trump or were leaning toward backing him. Three said they would now back Harris and one was still unsure how he would vote.

Not surprised. 

I have read other samples like this after last night. 

The deniers here will say this is not true. 

Just now, homersapien said:

It's not unprecedented.  Germany in the 1930's

Ahh, going back to ole reliable I see. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Not surprised. 

At this point only about 2-3%  of the undecideds in 5 or so states matters. Far less than a million. Everyone else’s opinion is interesting but irrelevant.

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

At this point only about 2-3%  of the undecideds in 5 or so states matters. Far less than a million. Everyone else’s opinion is interesting but irrelevant.

Agreed, that is why the samples were from swing states. 

Ahh, going back to ole reliable I see. 

It's a perfect example.

I suggest "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" by William Shirer (who was blacklisted for "being too liberal").

Just now, homersapien said:

It's a perfect example.

I suggest "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" by William Shirer (who was blacklisted for "being too liberal").

Huge difference, Trump is not Hitler. Regardless of how much you want him to be. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Not surprised. 

It takes a lot of chutzpah to use the word "deniers" in that context. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It's a perfect example.

When the maga boys start rounding up liberals to send off - I’ll put in a good word for you. Of course as a Rino they may come for me first.

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Not surprised. 

Just as many samples I’ve read that say the opposite. Debate samples are historically all over the place. Even from swing states. 

and I’m not denying those samples either. Just saying that there will be unreliable samples all around. Not definitive at all. 

Edited by Didba

Huge difference, Trump is not Hitler. Regardless of how much you want him to be. 

There are at least as many similarities as differences. 

And I wasn't referring specifically to Hitler.  I was referring to how the Nazis were able to amass political support in arguably the most advanced country in Europe, and thus the world.

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Just as many samples I’ve read that say the opposite. Debate samples are historically all over the place. Even from swing states. 

and I’m not denying those samples either. Just saying that there will be unreliable samples all around. Not definitive at all. 

Which all points back to, when it is all said and done, I don't think this debate alters the course of this election. 

Besides, by Tuesday this debate will only be a fleeting memory. 

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Verdict’s in. 

IMG_4507.jpeg

That’s so embarrassing lol

10 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

True. He’s more on an incompetent Mussolini.

IMG_4508.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

That’s so embarrassing lol

Reinforces Kamala's point about "same ole, same ole".  Even his supporters are getting tired of his schtick.