Debate thread (Sept. 10)

SLAG-91

21 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

If it was the only concern for moderates it would have destroyed him. Really going to boil down to what people think of the economy at this point and they will remember that she also dodged questions such as not answering if things are more expensive and people being worse off now than 3.5 years ago. That will stick in people's minds as well.

We will see!

18 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Know what’s funny? If a regular guy said stuff that Trump said today, we’d look at him funny and just ignore him completely. But no, he’s actually running for the most powerful position in the world. Sigh

I’ll just reiterate:

If that was a deposition. My boss and I would be walking out of there grinning ear to ear. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Didba said:

Hah, my wife asked how anyone can watch the debate and still vote for Trump. I just laughed and said they didn’t watch the debate they just watched this. And switch over to Hannity on Fox. 

after about five minutes she understood. 

My wife and I were just having the same conversation. How bad does your judgment have to be to watch that and think, yea that guy seems like he’d be a good president.

• Like 4

Trump -- immigrants are eating our pets.

Um .... wanna provide a bit of actual unbiased data to support that claim?

hahahahaha

• Haha 1

Probably made more people decide not to vote at all than making someone that was undecided go their way.

Lots of people are tired of having to vote against someone. 

This debate just highlights just how low we have sunk with our choices. 

A nutjob and someone who at least half the country knows damn well she is too far left for most people to stomach and is outright lying to try to make people think she isn't. 

If they would have put a real moderate on their ticket they would be running away in a landslide by now. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

If it was the only concern for moderates it would have destroyed him. Really going to boil down to what people think of the economy at this point and they will remember that she also dodged questions such as not answering if things are more expensive and people being worse off now than 3.5 years ago. That will stick in people's minds as well.

“I have a concept of a plan.”

-Former President Donald Trump

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AURex said:

Trump -- immigrants are eating our pets.

Um .... wanna provide a bit of actual unbiased data to support that claim?

hahahahaha

The best part of it was when they hit back at him and said “the city manager has said that no pets have been eaten” and Trump kept arguing 😂😂

26 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

image.png

My family and I had several huge laughs from these Trump quotes. He is truly demented. 

Just now, Didba said:

Which means “the right wing crackpots who think for me have a plan and I can’t read so I can’t speak about it”.

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

My wife and I were just having the same conversation. How bad does your judgment have to be to watch that and think, yea that guy seems like he’d be a good president.

Read his social media. The entire debate was that. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The best part of it was when they hit back at him and said “the city manager has said that no pets have been eaten” and Trump kept arguing 😂😂

"I saw it on TV."

Couldn't believe he said that.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This is exactly why fact-checkers are paramount in these debates. Once they pushed back, you can see it got under trump’s skin and he eventually melted down. And went on these weird tirades.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

This part killed me. Trump has already been the president and had 4 years since then to prepare his policies. 

All he has is a concept of a healthcare plan. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Probably made more people decide not to vote at all than making someone that was undecided go their way.

A nutjob and someone who at least half the country knows damn well she is too far left for most people to stomach and is outright lying to try to make people think she isn't. 

If they would have put a real moderate on their ticket they would be running away in a landslide by now. 

So let me get this straight, this is all the democrat’s fault now because we didn’t run a more moderate candidate than a historically moderate candidate? You are seriously blaming the democrats for not running a more “moderate” candidate?

get outa here with that shiz man

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Silver’s take is that this comes off as a resounding Kamala victory. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Please list Kamala's policies that are too far left for the majority of the country. 

• Like 1

Just now, AUDub said:

Silver’s take is that this comes off as a resounding Kamala victory. 

If I ever take a deposition with that many wild successfully baited answers, I’ll just retire. 

• Haha 1

Just now, cbo said:

Please list Kamala's policies that are too far left for the majority of the country. 

Or not considered moderate policies in all first world democracies. 

• Like 1

Just now, Didba said:

So let me get this straight, this is all the democrat’s fault now because we didn’t run a more moderate candidate than a historically moderate candidate? You are seriously blaming the democrats for not running a more “moderate” candidate?

Sounds like projection. Sunk low with choices? Trump’s the one that’s been sinking while Harris generates a lot of energy and hype for her fanbase. I’m stoked to vote for Harris, and that’s a refreshing feeling knowing I don’t have to choose someone just because I don’t want the other person to win. 

• Like 1

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

IMG_5684.gif

Polymarket is at 97%. Couldn’t be much clearer than that.  

1 minute ago, Didba said:

How does what I said say that I am blaming democrats? 

SMDH. 

8 minutes ago, cbo said:

My family and I had several huge laughs from these Trump quotes. He is truly demented. 

But is it located in a haunted synagogue?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

Well it’s damn sure not the Republicans fault. They can’t be held to any standards!

• Haha 2