Auburn would have gone to blows with him over this

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm just not sold on the idea that Deion would quietly accept the AD and board telling him he couldn't do something.

Yeah, I don't know how all that plays out.

Just know that right now, the position Auburn is in isn't easy to fix. Hank could be good, but he didn't beat Thorne convincingly and there may be some growing pains. Also, firmly hate the idea of ruining new QBs by throwing them in early. 

Did that with Bo and he had to go under complete rehab at Oregon to play well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Yeah, I don't know how all that plays out.

Just know that right now, the position Auburn is in isn't easy to fix. Hank could be good, but he didn't beat Thorne convincingly and there may be some growing pains. Also, firmly hate the idea of ruining new QBs by throwing them in early. 

Did that with Bo and he had to go under complete rehab at Oregon to play well.

I agree with that.  It's not ideal.  

One thing I think would help is giving Thorne more options for short throws and check downs when the OL is struggling to contain the pass rush.  I watched back all the pass plays and it seemed like 90% or more didn't have a route shorter than 10 yards being run.  He never had that kind of time Saturday.

To be clear, pass blocking and play calls weren't the only source of the problems.  He held the ball too long a couple of times when he had guys coming open or got hit as he threw.  He chose to throw a more difficult deep pass rather than hit an open receiver for 10 yards on another.  He got rattled and while that's mostly on him to be more poised, but it might help him to have a plan for quick throws until the pass rush slows down.

41 minutes ago, e808 said:

If u solely look at on the field production wins and losses pretty much the same .  It just lets u know how bad things are to even have to justify anything between Colorado and Auburn in football . 

Most of the comments made in this thread wasn’t about the on-field production. Colorado actually has what appears to be a top notch QB plus what should be a Heisman candidate in their WR/DB, but still get poor returns on their on field results. As I stated though on field results is not what is getting the headlines.

7 hours ago, Eagle-2 said:

Probably because some Auburn fans, and even a few frequent posters on this site wanted us to hire that clown.

Well Dion won’t be coaching much longer anyway after his son leaves.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

AU fans wanted something positive and new. At the time that was Deon. That’s all. Hell we ain’t no better off without him . 

I disagree with the statement but understand where you are coming from.   The issue is the pool of coaches that we pursue:  Look at our searches and other than Lane Kiffen (not sure if this was ever real or not) who can we hold up as this shining beacon of success that we should of hired?    We swim in a tainted pool with tainted coaches that have major personal or coaching (ability) baggage.  We hit a homerun with Bruce and now think this is where we need to hang out.   I am all in with Hugh and believe he can turn this around but his flaw is that he is going to have a game or two per year where he just says, "screw it" I am not even gonna think about these guys I got cruitin to do.   

23 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

This kind of stuff is the potential of what you get with zero oversight. Where is the AD???

Smaller than the coach