Auburn would have gone to blows with him over this

TitanTiger

Good thing we hired the coach who has lost 11 of his last 18 games. 

The Deion obsession continues but we have problems of our own. Not sure why this is even on the AU football forum. 

• Like 6

Just now, cbo said:

The Deion obsession continues but we have problems of our own. Not sure why this is even on the AU football forum. 

Probably because some Auburn fans, and even a few frequent posters on this site wanted us to hire that clown.

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

Because it was an interesting tweet and a shitload of people wanted to hire Deion and I cannot imagine the response if Deion or any coach tried to do some idiotic s*** like this.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Eagle-2 said:

Probably because some Auburn fans, and even a few frequent posters on this site wanted us to hire that clown.

Deion has indeed proven himself to be a clown.  And I'll admit, I was interested in him from a recruiting standpoint, but was glad we ultimately went in a different direction.

When he was hired at Colorado, I was scared he would be smart and just play to his recruiting strengths and hire great coaches and run a tight ship.  If he had done that, he might have created a great program.  But he instead created the program in his own image.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Deion has indeed proven himself to be a clown.  And I'll admit, I was interested in him from a recruiting standpoint, but was glad we ultimately went in a different direction.

When he was hired at Colorado, I was scared he would be smart and just play to his recruiting strengths and hire great coaches and run a tight ship.  If he had done that, he might have created a great program.  But he instead created the program in his own image.

Exactly what I expected him to do. 

He was a lifted athlete, but he's always been a clown. Leopards don't change their spots.

Glad we didn’t get Deon. Talk about a guy who does nothing for your program but harm.

Really hoping that Freeze can figure his sh*t out, though, because every day that goes by, I feel more and more like we didn’t make the best hire either. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's because it's trying to distract people from the fact we have a crap show of our own!

Edited by autiger88
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Because it was an interesting tweet and a shitload of people wanted to hire Deion and I cannot imagine the response if Deion or any coach tried to do some idiotic s*** like this.

This kind of stuff is the potential of what you get with zero oversight. Where is the AD???

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

This kind of stuff is the potential of what you get with zero oversight. Where is the AD???

The AD has his nose so far up Deion's discharge port that he can't see straight.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

The AD has his nose so far up Deion's discharge port that he can't see straight.

Gotcha!! May cost him in the long run, but I guess AD’s must back their own coaching searches.

45 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

It's because it's trying to distract people from the fact we have a crap show of our own!

Interestingly, both ideas can be held in the mind simultaneously without one having a thing to do with the other.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

AU fans wanted something positive and new. At the time that was Deon. That’s all. Hell we ain’t no better off without him . 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Unpopular opinion. If u put Shadeur and Hunter on this team as is. U probably beat cal pretty convincingly on Saturday 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

58 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Well said. 

image.gif.050b3e43c203eb78f6bad16aa20f5ab1.gif

5 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

AU fans wanted something positive and new. At the time that was Deon. That’s all. Hell we ain’t no better off without him . 

Disagree with this. Data doesn’t support this statement either. All of our negative headlines are surrounded around a loss that should have been a win and an overall poor outing. That is not the driving headlines about Colorado. I believe most are also glad we did not wind up with Napier but those headlines are about lack of on field progress ( we mirror them at this point).

It’s all about the Sander’s. I was completely wrong about him. He is an egotistical showboat that isn’t a good coach at all. I don’t think he will be coaching after his son’s graduation. 

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Disagree with this. Data doesn’t support this statement either. All of our negative headlines are surrounded around a loss that should have been a win and an overall poor outing. That is not the driving headlines about Colorado. I believe most are also glad we did not wind up with Napier but those headlines are about lack of on field progress ( we mirror them at this point).

If u solely look at on the field production wins and losses pretty much the same .  It just lets u know how bad things are to even have to justify anything between Colorado and Auburn in football . 

8 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Not sure what data you have but Agree to disagree here. Deon was winning and picking up steam at the time as a good recruiter and coach at Jackson State. Some ( not me) wanted him here as a way to break away from the last few years of disappointment. Either way Deon ain’t winning and nether is Hugh. Both have been bad hires. No way around it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

It’s all about the Sander’s. I was completely wrong about him. He is an egotistical showboat that isn’t a good coach at all. I don’t think he will be coaching after his son’s graduation. 

Nailed it and I agree 100%. 

Former Sanders trooper here,

The problem with Dion and that program is The lack of depth at the line and on defense. They have excellent quarterback play and skill players but don't have enough to last a complete game. On Auburn, we have a good defense and fairly good line play, but we lack a quarterback.

Deion at Auburn, especially with Sanders and Hunter + A bunch of recruits wanting the SEC AND Sanders' notoriety, would have transformed this program, and I'm pretty sure AD and board would keep the shenanigans in check.

Not a lot of recruits want to go out to Colorado, but many would come to Auburn to play opposite of AL with all the attention. But the verdict is still out on Deion's success without Shedeur.

Bottom line, is that we don't get this result if we have him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Former Sanders trooper here,

The problem with Dion and that program is The lack of depth at the line and on defense. They have excellent quarterback play and skill players but don't have enough to last a complete game. On Auburn, we have a good defense and fairly good line play, but we lack a quarterback.

Deion at Auburn, especially with Sanders and Hunter + A bunch of recruits wanting the SEC AND Sanders' notoriety, would have transformed this program, and I'm pretty sure AD and board would keep the shenanigans in check.

Not a lot of recruits want to go out to Colorado, but many would come to Auburn to play opposite of AL with all the attention. But the verdict is still out on Deion's success without Shedeur.

Bottom line, is that we don't get this result if we have him.

I'm just not sold on the idea that Deion would quietly accept the AD and board telling him he couldn't do something.

• Like 2