If you think Thorne panics

Auburn93

Just read most of the posts on this board. There are a bunch of Thornes here. "I'm gonna take my ball and go home. Boo Hoo Hoo."

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

They never leave though. When things are good they quietly hide. The first sign of distress, and you see names you never hear from normally. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

Just read most of the posts on this board. There are a bunch of Thornes here. "I'm gonna take my ball and go home. Boo Hoo Hoo."

You don't think a change is warranted at QB?

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I do.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I do.

Gotta do something, QB play doesn’t have to be great, just add to the positives and greatly reduce the negatives. PT doesn’t elevate the team in any way.

• Like 3

It looked like we had a cluster of issues on Offense:

Some poorly designed routes, late QB and/or receiver reads and reactions, communication, assignment confusion, and play calling. I watched Aron Murray on You tube (snaps) film review and analysis of the AU Cal game. It only lasted 28 minutes but very informative. A very unbiased detailed review. It astonished me at the number of completions left on the table and the lack of discipline at times with taking what they were giving us. Even the RB was at fault on some busted plays. Yes I am complaining because I thought we were much further along in our offensive program than we showed. Hats off to a well coached and disciplined Cal team. We have a lot of work to do and CHF is the chief architect and director of this process. Not putting anything on a player, it is his job to fix it. Another very disappointed AU fan. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

Well, he will have to go pry that ball from the Cal defenders grasp before he can take it home with him..

• Haha 4

I panic thinking about Thorne panicking. When you’ve watched Auburn football as long as some it’s not “panicking” it’s more of reality set in awhile ago.

Edited by sevenlee36

3 hours ago, CCTAU said:

They never leave though. When things are good they quietly hide. The first sign of distress, and you see names you never hear from normally. 

It has been a while since things were good. Focusing on the now, Freeze is 7-8, and stacking bad losses left and right. We all hope he flips the script and turns it around, but to flip the script you have to adapt, grow, and change. To date just seeing more of the same. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

It has been a while since things were good. Focusing on the now, Freeze is 7-8, and stacking bad losses left and right. We all hope he flips the script and turns it around, but to flip the script you have to adapt, grow, and change. To date just seeing more of the same. 

The last good year was when Gus had that one off with Stidham and KJ. Aside from that it was 2013 since we’ve been any good, if memory serves me.

Unfortunately between NIL $$ and next season's direct payments from the school the kids aren't kids playing for the name on the front of the jersey anymore - they are paid professionals.

The cash payments will be in addition to the value of the scholarship, the room & board, the medical care - you know, all the rest of the stuff they were already getting.

Professionals get treated differently from amateurs.  It's how it is and it comes with being paid.

If you look at the total compensation value they are getting I'd bet most of the players make more than most of the posters on here.

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

Yes, the fans are clearly the problem with Auburn football. Sure. 

Thank you for this, I needed someone new to blame.

It was me all along :lol: 

• Haha 2

Just now, Mims44 said:

Thank you for this, I needed someone new to blame.

It was me all along :lol: 

I knew it was you all along! 🤣

This is such an insane thread. How would any reasonable person not be upset with what we saw yesterday? Man we have people in this fan base who have no winning instinct at all. 

• Thanks 8
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This is such an insane thread. How would any reasonable person not be upset with what we saw yesterday? Man we have people in this fan base who have no winning instinct at all. 

Thank you for this post. WTF is wrong with some people. Must be a generational thing. I’m still pissed and embarrassed. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think the OP was directing his thoughts to people who are saying stuff like “I’m no longer an Auburn fan because we suck” 

But to gripe about fans griping at a horrible effort from the coaches/team is nuts...

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Thank you for this post. WTF is wrong with some people. Must be a generational thing. I’m still pissed and embarrassed. 

I am too. I refuse to watch the replay. 

• Thanks 1

You know, Thorne actually threw six interceptions yesterday. Two were called back.

Our last two good years were 2017 and 2013. I remember when Gus came in 2013 and took us to the BCSCG his first season.  I thought we were in for a golden age of football much like Alabama had with Saban. Boy, was I ever wrong.

And here we are, with only one good season in the last 11 years, and no clear end in sight.

I wonder how we're gonna keep our talented receivers and good recruiting class playing like this. I'm not sure if we can.

• Dislike 1

59 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I think the OP was directing his thoughts to people who are saying stuff like “I’m no longer an Auburn fan because we suck” 

But to gripe about fans griping at a horrible effort from the coaches/team is nuts...

Yes and similar comments. 

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

There is no one to replace him with. Did you not read the practice reports from insiders? And I'm not saying you can't try Brown. I'm talking about comments like the recruiting is cooked and Freeze is Gus 2.0. And some people STILL believe our OL is good. IT IS NOT. We signed Percy Lewis for goodness sake to try to make up for our lack of talent. 

4 hours ago, auskull said:

It looked like we had a cluster of issues on Offense:

Some poorly designed routes, late QB and/or receiver reads and reactions, communication, assignment confusion, and play calling. I watched Aron Murray on You tube (snaps) film review and analysis of the AU Cal game. It only lasted 28 minutes but very informative. A very unbiased detailed review. It astonished me at the number of completions left on the table and the lack of discipline at times with taking what they were giving us. Even the RB was at fault on some busted plays. Yes I am complaining because I thought we were much further along in our offensive program than we showed. Hats off to a well coached and disciplined Cal team. We have a lot of work to do and CHF is the chief architect and director of this process. Not putting anything on a player, it is his job to fix it. Another very disappointed AU fan. 

This is a fine analysis. It is not Freeze is Gus 2.0 or I was against this hire from day one. It is this burn my school to the ground mentality, and I don't like it. I want to win, and we can do it through recruiting. We have the best recruiter there is for Auburn.

Edited by Auburn93

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We are going to win but not today. It is the irrational DESTRUCTIVE comments I'm referring to. You can't fix an OL through a portal. And we couldn't fix the QB through the portal either. Who was available? Who was a guarantee to be great with one summer practice?

Those are weak points that will require time. It is called 6 years of bad recruiting of OL by Gus and Harsin. Then, you have the first year of the next coach building relationships. Then you have development of linemen. There is no perfect coach, and some people want a new one NOW. They want to hurt the positives that we have going.

Edited by Auburn93
  • Like 1

OL pick up is BEAT on the FIRST PLAY! So the solution is to fire Freeze even though he is recruiting players that can prevent this from happening.

Edited by Auburn93