Transfer QB targets struggled yesterday

gr82b4au

During this past offseason I was adamant that we needed a transfer QB. And after watching Thorne yesterday, it was glaring that he is still not very good.
however… I find it interesting that many of the main QBs AU was supposedly going after have really struggled so far this season. 

McCall - bad and benched in a blowout loss

Vadagriff - terrible and benched in a blowout loss

Riley Leonard - not very good and lost to  a bad team

The only one so far that has looked good was Cam Ward but he was going up against FL… the jury is still out but he looked good. K Slater at Liberty also played pretty well but not great. 

Point is - Thorne is terrible and these other options were not that great either. We can all see that developing a good QB is really the way to go and that is going to take time. Hopefully one of the 3 on campus can mold into a good qb over time. 

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

During this past offseason I was adamant that we needed a transfer QB. And after watching Thorne yesterday, it was glaring that he is still not very good.
however… I find it interesting that many of the main QBs AU was supposedly going after have really struggled so far this season. 

The only one so far that has looked good was Cam Ward but he was going up against FL… the jury is still out but he looked good. K Slater at Liberty also played pretty well but not great. 

Point is - Thorne is terrible and these other options were not that great either. We can all see that developing a good QB is really the way to go and that is going to take time. Hopefully one of the 3 on campus can mold into a good qb over time. 

Agreed. But to develop one, they have to be given a chance. Freeze won't do it

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

golf said it was all your fault............

• Haha 1

Yesterday seemed to be a tough day for a lot of QBs and teams against lesser opponents.  Don’t know if it’s a sign of the times or what?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Yesterday seemed to be a tough day for a lot of QBs and teams against lesser opponents.  Don’t know if it’s a sign of the times or what?

The variance in QB play might be at an all time high from the pundits I follow. I think it’s just part of the current chaos. Things will settle down once they’re all paid. 

Apples and oranges. Just because one guy struggled with another team doesn’t mean he would have the same performance if he was here. We need a new QB and everyone knew that and we didn’t get it done. These are the results and Hugh will have to navigate through his decision. 

• Like 1