Freeze / Thorne post Cal presser

aubiefifty

30 minutes ago, DAG said:

“I’ve got to watch the film.” So sick of hearing that phrase. 

Yep. All I hear is “I’m stalling so I can craft a well thought out excuse.”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, longtimetiger said:

I have been an Auburn fan for 50 years.

I won't watch another game that Thorne plays in.

You’re entitled to your opinion but you’ve been a member since 2008 and made one post… and this was it? 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep for the first time in years I'm not even going to click on a video bc honestly this state of AU football is just sad, we got sucked in again and once again, like it's been the last decade, absolutely abysmal in game coaching

There are no excuses anymore. 

Money is there and everyone is getting paid

Facilities are world class 

Passionate fanbase

Huge resources 

don’t say well he needs time. Bull s***.

The portal if used correctly can make you a contender overnight especially with what AU offers. 

Another failure 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

IMG_4405.jpeg

“Maybe it doesn’t come together like we think it can”. <<< that is the only true thing in this post. Just wait until we face first-string SEC teams. At this point, it’s almost hoping Thorne gets a non-serious short-term injury so someone else gets a shot??? I don’t think we get more than 5 wins, maybe not even that many. Sad. 

Edited by AUINSY

7 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

This was from Friday 🤦‍♂️

Lol that guy is the worst of the insider scammers. If there were so many good signs, why not mention some. Anyway Thorne needs to go or Freeze needs to go. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

“I’ve got to watch the film.” So sick of hearing that phrase. 

We need to get a coach who doesn’t have to watch the film before knowing what’s going wrong and then make adjustments. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

You’re entitled to your opinion but you’ve been a member since 2008 and made one post… and this was it? 

he asked me for advice so i told him he should be seen and not heard...................grins

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

We need to get a coach who doesn’t have to watch the film before knowing what’s going wrong and then make adjustments. 

Guess he wasn’t watching the game. Coaches have to make in game decisions. Freeze doesn’t do that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

That is exactly what drives me crazy . So reactive instead of proactive. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is exactly what drives me crazy . So reactive instead of proactive. 

Believe there was talk after the game by the QB coach that they need to make sure the right players are getting adequate playing time. If so a bit late and sounds like Freeze will make the decision. He was very careful on how he worded it.

in any case AD Cohen needs to be chewing freeze out on this pathetic situation Auburn is in.

Playtime is over con man freeze

Edited by TigerOne
  • Like 1

I was actually impressed with the defensive adjustments. Early on we were rushing 3 and 4 vs their 5 and 6 and allowed too many third down conversions. Second half they started crowding the line and sending pressure and gave us a chance to compete. There seemed to be no such adjustments from the offensive side of the ball. I kept expecting Hugh to go to 5 wide and run tempo with quick slants and screens. Instead kept doing what he was doing until it was too late. Super frustrating since Hugh got Nix and elevated Austin in the offseason and resumed play calling. That obviously didn’t make anything better on game day. 

As a female, and a lover of Auburn football, but not so much a technical mind, I'd love to see some unconventional fixes. Freeze is a salesman...and by most evidences, a really good one. He also seems to be a 'relationship' guy. But his game day product is not only lacking, he doesn't even seem to enjoy it. It's a shame, with all the recent changes in college football, we can't rethink the HC position. Let him recruit...light the trail on fire and develop relationships with the players and their families. Be a CEO. Run the team from the top, and put people in your coordinator positions that can run their respective sides of the ball with passion, excellence and results. He'd have to stuff his ego and rethink what it means to be a head coach. But I don't know how we make any effective changes in the position we are now. We are probably stuck with him for several more years...and I don't know how we move forward without a major overhaul. If we can't overhaul the personnel, maybe we overhaul the structure.

Edited by WarrrEagleHey
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

As a female, and a lover of Auburn football, but not so much a technical mind, I'd love to see some unconventional fixes. Freeze is a salesman...and by most evidences, a really good one. He also seems to be a 'relationship' guy. But his game day product is not only lacking, he doesn't even seem to enjoy it. It's a shame, with all the recent changes in college football, we can't rethink the HC position. Let him recruit...light the trail on fire and develop relationships with the players and their families. Be a CEO. Run the team from the top, and put people in your coordinator positions that can run their respective sides of the ball with passion, excellence and results. He'd have to stuff his ego and rethink what it means to be a head coach. But I don't know how we make any effective changes in the position we are now. We are probably stuck with him for several more years...and I don't know how we move forward without a major overhaul. If we can't overhaul the personnel, maybe we overhaul the structure.

i am not sure what is wrong. i watched freeze beat some big boys at liberty but with a lot lesser talent so i think he can do it but i suspect you may be right in that he has too many irons in the fire

2 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

Be a CEO. Run the team from the top, and put people in your coordinator positions that can run their respective sides of the ball with passion, excellence and results.

I agree with this line of thinking but some successful CEO types admit they don’t know it all and therefore others who do are in change of those areas assigned to them. The other successful CEO type does know it all and is developing other coaches/managers to become successful in their own right one day. Freeze doesn’t seem to be either right now. He’s a good judge of character but he’s struggling with making the changes that will take full advantage of the character and talent that make up his staff and team. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I agree with this line of thinking but some successful CEO types admit they don’t know it all and therefore others who do are in change of those areas assigned to them. The other successful CEO type does know it all and is developing other coaches/managers to become successful in their own right one day. Freeze doesn’t seem to be either right now. He’s a good judge of character but he’s struggling with making the changes that will take full advantage of the character and talent that make up his staff and team. 

Agree...which is why I said he'd have to stuff his ego and rethink what it means to head coach. I definitely think it will take an overhaul of expectations to make the change, and not sure if he's capable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not sure what is wrong. i watched freeze beat some big boys at liberty but with a lot lesser talent so i think he can do it but i suspect you may be right in that he has too many irons in the fire

I think it lies in the perception for him. If he’s David he stands a good chance of beating Goliath and in most cases when he’s Goliath he can beat David. But when he is Goliath against Goliath he doesn’t approach it the same way and he is timid. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Too many irons in the fire, and he doesn't seem to take any joy in game day prep/execution at all. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, shabby said:

Little surprise freeze was unaware of their pacing when they had 6 minutes left in the game. Auburn was utilizing the full game clock. It was ridiculous. And now freeze says he was unaware?

HC admitting he's not being the head coach.  It's because his head is in the play calling and not being head coach.  He's doing the Offensive Coordinators job during the game and can't do his job which is to ensure s*** like that doesn't happen during a game.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RunInRed said:

IMG_4405.jpeg

Newsflash. It is 2024 and we've waited for three coaches and ten years for the OL to be dialed in.

• Like 1