Vs Cal Post Game Thread

8 minutes ago, AUx said:

Nothing fans can do about any of it. All those rosy predictions and silly 'way better than Vegas predicts' were just the usual wishcasting and cheerleading. The 3 or 4 who said 'keep you expectations low' continue to be the best insider sources. War Eagle. Hope they can harness the talent and start making disciplined, respectable showings in my lifetime.

At some point we should at least have the expectation that we can handle a program like Cal at home. And if Hugh has to rely solely on having a clear talent advantage to even be competitive with programs like that, I don’t like our chances with the Georgia, LSU, and Bama’s of the world over the next 10 years.

• Like 4

Just now, weagl1 said:

Might as well get one of the young guys ready.  I hate it for Thorne I thought he would be much better with better receivers but they clearly are not on the same page once the heat started being applied.  Body language was terrible there at the end.  Defeated.  

IMO PT was/is always about mojo.  Once he goes head case, it rarely trends up. And that final interception was pure head case.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Apparently it is when it comes to a QB.

Auburn refuses to have a legit QB since Cam. And when one does fall into our lap (Stidham and Bo) we do nothing but bi*ch about them. We don’t deserve happiness. 😂

Thorne was never a legit QB. He doesn’t even look like a QB. He looks like some hybrid between one of those walk on white guy WR we have and the video guy for the team.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

After the third interception in a row, you gotta just go with someone else. Purely bad coaching there. I get trying to let him work through the struggle to build character, but, dang, it was obvious he was regressing with each possession. You gotta see that as a coach. No excuses. 

We’ll freeze isn’t really a major college coach. He’s the salesman and con man. He’s pretty good at that, fooled Auburn.

• Like 1

I know this is sunshine pumping but just have to take one game at a time. Maybe the team can catch lightning in a bottle. UGA is a loss but the other games u just need a chance . The team just needs to get their act together. The game at Mizzou looks like the wild card in my weird logic lol

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

IMO PT was/is always about mojo.  Once he goes head case, it rarely trends up. And that final interception was pure head case.

In the post-game interviews, both CHF and PT said the receiver ran the wrong route. PT threw to where the receiver was supposed to be.  Not defending PT but it appears the last INT was on the route runner. 

But guys the locker room culture so much better than last year and Thorne had a spring to prepare this year…lol

Edited by WFE12

1 minute ago, e808 said:

I know this is sunshine pumping but just have to take one game at a time. Maybe the team can catch lightning in a bottle. UGA is a loss but the other games u just need a chance . The team just needs to get their act together. The game at Mizzou looks like the wild card in my weird logic lol

I can almost see your point here. But for far too long, the guys on the team have had to overcome poor coaching and game plans. I feel like Hugh is costing us games. 

1 minute ago, Shift said:

In the post-game interviews, both CHF and PT said the receiver ran the wrong route. PT threw to where the receiver was supposed to be.  Not defending PT but it appears the last INT was on the route runner. 

I am having a hard time believing that. There were three guys over there but they know better than me

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

At some point we should at least have the expectation that we can handle a program like Cal at home. And if Hugh has to rely solely on having a clear talent advantage to even be competitive with programs like that, I don’t like our chances with the Georgia, LSU, and Bama’s of the world over the next 10 years.

I just don’t know how we pull ourselves out of this. I’m at the point where I think Gus was the best this program can realistically do. Deeply regret firing him. 

Edited by AUwent
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, e808 said:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

I am having a hard time believing that. There were three guys over there but they know better than me

Well, that’s the explanation they gave so…

• Like 1

Normally, when Auburn loses, I don’t go back and rewatch the game or watch the highlights. After this game, I did both, because I’m still trying to figure out what I just saw. Even after rewatching, I simply can’t figure out what I was seeing on the field.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I can almost see your point here. But for far too long, the guys on the team have had to overcome poor coaching and game plans. I feel like Hugh is costing us games. 

Can’t argue with that. I havent watched Mizzou but outside of UGA they rest aren’t lighting it up

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

I just don’t know how we pull ourselves out of this. I’m at the point where I think Gus was the best this program can realistically do. Deeply regret firing him.

Was waiting for the Gus longing post. The night is now complete. Gus was way past his expiration date, got a disastrous extension, didn’t recruit players that stuck around, didn’t develop talent, and was to stubborn to evolve his offense. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

We’re 0-4 in our last 4 games vs FBS teams. Horrible losses to NMSU and Maryland, ridiculous loss to Bama, and controlled at home by a mid level PAC12-ACC team.

Beyond time to change QBs and if Hugh can’t see that we’re in bigger trouble than we think. 

While I agree with you that QB change is warranted we need more.  Freeze kept calling long slow developing pass plays the blitz was getting to Thorne.  If ZZZ Freeze doesn't start calling routes in the underneath zones, clearing routes and using our back out of the backfired any quarterback we put in is going to struggle.

15 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Apparently it is when it comes to a QB.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He seemed strangely unengaged and emotionally flat.

• Like 1

Losing to nmsu, Yale in the ncaa tournament, and now cal at home in less than 12 months. I’m just going to have to assume going forward that there literally is no such thing as a safe game for an AU fan. Ever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Oh we are paying dearly for thinking we were too good for Gus. It’s like God said, “you wanna mess around, here you go”.

• Like 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh we are paying dearly for thinking we were too good for Gus. It’s like God said, “you wanna mess around, here you go”.

There’s a reason I’m so obsessed with Nebraska.

16 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree with some of that. However, even CHF said the last INT was due to the WR making the wrong read. He was supposed to hit a post.