Vs Cal Post Game Thread

Thorne is the type QB you pick for a backyard game at Granny's after Sunday lunch where it's 1 Mississippi,  2 Mississippi then rush. Put him in a real game when he has a rusher within 5 yards of him and he struggles 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Bright spot? You mean more weeks of agony.

The defense improved as the game progressed. We just need the offense to get into gear 

8 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Deep dark depression excessive misery 

If it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at all…

• Haha 1

We’re 0-4 in our last 4 games vs FBS teams. Horrible losses to NMSU and Maryland, ridiculous loss to Bama, and controlled at home by a mid level PAC12-ACC team.

Beyond time to change QBs and if Hugh can’t see that we’re in bigger trouble than we think. 

36 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Freeze looks like a homeless person who somehow wandered onto the sideline.

🤣

5 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

If it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at all…

I believe this is what you mean???👇

After the third interception in a row, you gotta just go with someone else. Purely bad coaching there. I get trying to let him work through the struggle to build character, but, dang, it was obvious he was regressing with each possession. You gotta see that as a coach. No excuses. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

After the third interception in a row, you gotta just go with someone else. Purely bad coaching there. I get trying to let him work through the struggle to build character, but, dang, it was obvious he was regressing with each possession. You gotta see that as a coach. No excuses. 

You would hope so. 

18 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Our record against Kentucky is 27-6-1. We’ve beaten them the last 3 times we’ve played. They beat us in 2009 and then before that, 1966. 

So 27-7-1

38 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Define ok.

Work Monday. I agree with most of the doom and gloom but just prefer to let the season play out. 

• Like 1

Famous quote from the waterboy some up Auburn football “We suck again!”…image.png.44f323c723113cf1e0965d98306a36ee.png

14 minutes ago, e808 said:

The defense improved as the game progressed. We just need the offense to get into gear 

I wish we had made adjustments sooner. They were killing us with that TE pass to the right (#87) the entire first half. It wasn't until the second half that we put a man on him. 

5 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Thorne is a veteran, did anyone on this staff not know that he can’t read a defense?  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We will forever rue the day we let Kiffin walk away. 

Gotta say it’s becoming harder and harder to figure out what prospective coaches are going to work out. I can’t get the examples of Scott Frost vs. Josh Heupel out of my head. Whatever in hindsight conclusions you can make (UCF’s problems when Frost arrived having nothing to do with talent), who could have accounted for that beforehand?! So many people I trust here we’re confident Freeze would be the guy here.

Freeze will obv get another year. But if at the end of 2025 we have to make a change, how would we be able to afford a decent hire?

Edited by AUwent

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

I wish we had made adjustments sooner. They were killing us with that TE pass to the right (#87) the entire first half. It wasn't until the second half that we put a man on him. 

Still got no help from the offense. No defense can overcome an offense being that stagnant and making turnovers. They did more than enough to win

• Like 2

Nothing fans can do about any of it. All those rosy predictions and silly 'way better than Vegas predicts' were just the usual wishcasting and cheerleading. The 3 or 4 who said 'keep you expectations low' continue to be the best insider sources. War Eagle. Hope they can harness the talent and start making disciplined, respectable showings in my lifetime.

I remember Steve Spurrier wouldn't tolerate sh--ty QB play. He would yank a guy in a heartbeat if he wasn't performing. He didn't care who you were. We need that kind of coach who holds players accountable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Gotta say it’s becoming harder and harder to figure out what prospective coaches are going to work out.

Freeze will obv get another year. But if at the end of 2025 we have to make a change, how would we be able to afford a decent hire?

Money is never an issue at Auburn. 

I know some want to switch to Hank next game, but maybe we should try a 2 QB system.

Play PT for a few plays and once he gets a first down, bring in Hank for a few plays, etc. It's just crazy enough to work. 🧠

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, StuckMic91 said:

People giving the O-line crap but I thought they looked good. I have an untrained eye but man there were at least 10 times I was yelling at the TV for Thorne to throw the ball after he had been sitting in the pocket for what felt like 5 seconds. 

Thorne on the other hand…we know what he is. Move on.

Agree. I thought the Oline wasn't bad. I think it was on Hugh and Thorne. I don't recall Thorne recognizing 1 blitz coming. Plus, it was up to Hugh to call quick hiters to help the rush; not long-developing plays. 

But I'm sure the Oline will get more of the blame. The game plan on offense was horrible. I understand last week we played a JV team but it was two different offenses. The ball was spread around last week. I didn't even see some of the WRs on the field from last week. 

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I know some want to switch to Hank next game, but maybe we should try a 2 QB system.

Play PT for a few plays and once he gets a first down, bring in Hank for a few plays, etc. It's just crazy enough to work. 🧠

So a duplicate of last seasons offensive philosophy?

Just now, keesler said:

So a duplicate of last seasons offensive philosophy?

What? No! This is totally different. It'll work this time, just give it a chance. 

• Haha 1

Might as well get one of the young guys ready.  I hate it for Thorne I thought he would be much better with better receivers but they clearly are not on the same page once the heat started being applied.  Body language was terrible there at the end.  Defeated.  

• Like 2