Vs Cal Post Game Thread

12 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Ole Miss fans love Freeze and wanted him back if Kiffin were to have left. 

Not now, Kiffin at least knows how coach his players 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Yup, especially after all of our top $$$ freshman receivers transfer after this year.

That’s the beauty of the portal and nil. No need to stay in a stagnant lame program.

Just now, NES said:

We are going to be ok. All the negativity is not necessary 

How so?

1 hour ago, AU Is Gold said:

Thorne should have been on the bench at halftime. He's never shown anything to me.

So true

I don't want to overreact to one game, but it does look pretty grim. We need to see significant improvement on the field to hold on to the 2025 class we are recruiting as well as our 2024 class from last year. It sucks, but it's where CFB is right now.

Thorne is a senior so he isn't the future. You've got to work in some of the future now to keep things headed in the right direction. New Mexico should be a tune up game, but if we can't beat Arkansas at home (we won't based on what we saw today), need to shift focus to 2025 and keeping the key players together, which probably means playing some guys we wanted to save for later. The timetable to set the foundation for success is very short in the NIL era.

A disaster of a 2024 season and Freeze is cooked. We likely won't fire him, but I don't think he can get over the hump if 2024 falls apart on him 

The 4th down call was a head scratcher and not pulling Coleman when he was hurt makes me wonder what Freeze was thinking. Play calling was questionable 

14 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

Congratulations? 

And it's more like 45% because we've been trash for going on 3-4 years now and the stadium is always packed.

Some know.

Some don’t.

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

The 4th down call was a head scratcher and not pulling Coleman when he was hurt makes me wonder what Freeze was thinking. Play calling was questionable 

I knew we were in trouble after that play call. When has Auburn EVER completed a play like that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catvomit said:

8 wins is tops now, 7 more likely. 

Freeze chose to ride with Thorne and it's gonna be another wasted year on the plains.

I can't complain though - I was all-in on the Freeze hire but clearly he's lost his touch.

At this point, 6 seems more likely. Wouldn't be surprised if we drop the Kentucky game.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

5-7

If that. Vanderbilt plays with passion. I could see Kentucky and the 3 gimme’s. 

IMO the blowout of A&M resulted in some unrealistic play calling for this game. It’s like they thought those same plays would work this week. Total lack of respect for the opponent. The bright side there is alot of season left 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Not now, Kiffin at least knows how coach his players 

We will forever rue the day we let Kiffin walk away. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, TigerOne said:

It’s adorable that people think there are sure wins on the schedule. 

U might have a point . Lately nothing is a guarantee. It’s a mountain getting to 8 wins now

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We will forever rue the day we let Kiffin walk away. 

Kiffin said no because his daughter didn’t want him at AU. Thats what I heard. 

Just now, fishepa said:

Kiffin said no because his daughter didn’t want him at AU. Thats what I heard. 

We told him to kick rocks when he came back wanting an exorbitant amount of money and contract demands. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If that. Vanderbilt plays with passion. I could see Kentucky and the 3 gimme’s. 

Vanderbilt isn’t a joke. Kentucky always seems to beat us. 

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Vanderbilt isn’t a joke. Kentucky always seems to beat us. 

Our record against Kentucky is 27-6-1. We’ve beaten them the last 3 times we’ve played. They beat us in 2009 and then before that, 1966. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

7 minutes ago, e808 said:

IMO the blowout of A&M resulted in some unrealistic play calling for this game. It’s like they thought those same plays would work this week. Total lack of respect for the opponent. The bright side there is alot of season left 

Bright spot? You mean more weeks of agony.

15 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Gloom, Despair and Agony on me……….

Deep dark depression excessive misery 

• Like 1