Vs Cal Post Game Thread

1 minute ago, PDub said:

Would’ve been money well spent 

Yup, especially after all of our top $$$ freshman receivers transfer after this year.

Edited by fishepa
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, WDEagle said:

Screenshot 2024-09-07 200706.png

Just wait til the end of the season . This graphic will get worse 

• Sad 1

Alright I'm sure many will disagree but IMO:

Hugh gets a pass as long as he continues to recruit like he is.  We will get better with his recruiting, and we'd be idiots to fire him if he starts landing top 5 classes.  His in-game coaching isn't perfect, but we're not going to get a better coach right now.

Payton needs to be done at AU, period. PT's body language said it all today- he was ready to lose about halfway through the game and completely lost his confidence.  Put Hank in and let him run the offense for the rest of the season.  He's a gamer who steps up under the lights, and his QB IQ is much higher. He will make some silly mistakes, but his ceiling is higher. PT is at his ceiling right now, and he's not going to get better. 

D was weak in the first half, but adjusted well.  Needed a better gameplan and preparation.  We need a dominant CB to step up - Scott and Lee did not look great today.

I thought the OLine was fine.  Not great, but not one of the bigger problems.

Keldrick Faulk is growing into an absolute beast.  Can't wait to see what he does moving forward.

39 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Let go back further for some foresight.  Before Freeze was hired I said he was not a qualified SEC coach and 65% to 75% of you gave me grief.  The only thing they could point to was he beat Alabama twice but in actuality Bama beat themselves twice.  You talk about hindsight but that regretfully seems the only thing Auburn people use.  Some good foresight would be very useful.

Ask Ole Miss fans about Freeze. smh

1 minute ago, jetermary said:

Times like this a burner phone comes in handy. Just saying. 

10 minutes ago, PDub said:

Would’ve been money well spent 

Absolutely. From listening to the beat guys sounds like freeze didnt think the value was there and not that the money wasnt available. I didnt understand it then or now.

1 minute ago, jetermary said:

Why do I need to ask Ole Miss fans about Freeze.  I don't care what they think about him.  His game plan is not working at Auburn even with upgrades at receivers.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Let go back further for some foresight.  Before Freeze was hired I said he was not a qualified SEC coach and 65% to 75% of you gave me grief.  The only thing they could point to was he beat Alabama twice but in actuality Bama beat themselves twice.  You talk about hindsight but that regretfully seems the only thing Auburn people use.  Some good foresight would be very useful.

Sure, Caddy. But c’mon man, you wanted the job! 😉

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Sure, Caddy. But c’mon man, you wanted the job! 😉

I would work for less and be more effective than what we got now.

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Ole Miss fans love Freeze and wanted him back if Kiffin were to have left. 

You're right. But just like with Gus, I am wondering if his methods don't work anymore 

4 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Why do I need to ask Ole Miss fans about Freeze.  I don't care what they think about him.  His game plan is not working at Auburn even with upgrades at receivers.

Yep, Gus' game plan was effective at one time too. I'm afraid Freeze's has become outdated 

Just now, arktiger1975 said:

Yep, Gus' game plan was effective at one time too. I'm afraid Freeze's has become outdated 

Just like Auburn.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCTAU said:

I’ll be here every week watching. I am NOT one of AU’s 85%. 

Congratulations? 

And it's more like 45% because we've been trash for going on 3-4 years now and the stadium is always packed.

22 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

Stop using facts! 

To be fair that alabama gane was a damn good game for us

Just now, zeroforwinger said:

How bad must Grenier and White be? I thought Freeze was a QB whisperer. 

And has a track record of turning programs around quickly. 

25 minutes ago, Aubi1961 said:

Freeze looked terrible on the sidelines. No pun intended,  but he looked frozen.  Most on here saw enough from Thorne last year, and the bowl game, that he shouldn't be the guy. Bad passes, turnovers,  and doesn't stand tall in the pocket. This WRs class deserves better.  Auburn deserves better.  We just done a 180 on offense from the Alabama A&M game. Nick Saban put the pressure on Frezze this morning,  on GameDay, talking good about Auburn and Freeze being the sleeper team in the Conference,  and boy did we go to sleep today. Auburn is to big for Freeze, he can't handle the pressure. There I said it.

Absolutely he just wanted the title and the big paycheck to coach at a P5 school. No way he would not take the ridiculous get rich quick plan Auburn offered .The coaching part would be up to his assistants, which he picked the ones he’s “comfortable “ with. Freeze looks like a homeless person who somehow wandered onto the sideline.

• Haha 2

Just now, AU120289 said:

Yeah the opponent 

2 minutes ago, AU120289 said:

Well, we will see about that. Turning a program around quickly means a significant leap in year 2. 

In 1st half we continuously only rushed 3 until last Cal drive in second quarter where we sacked Mendoza.  In second half we rushed 4 and mixed up who was 4th rusher.

In second half our D played well. 1st half D I blame on D coaching. 

Edited by AuburnNTexas