Vs Cal Post Game Thread

2 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I'm watching Grayson McCall for NC State and I'm sad. 

Yeah. We had him, but we are a smart school…

• Like 1

The O line is a mess.  The QB is an interception  machine.  I don’t have much hope for the rest of the season.  We play a lot of teams that would murder Cal.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arktiger1975 said:

At least we know now instead of getting out hopes up for a month 

Yeah, at least if we lose to Vandy, it should be less disappointing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

So how much would have cost to get Cam Ward? 

Unfortunately, enough to not have all those receivers we have that the offense can't locate.

Everybody always clamorous for the second string quarterback. And then it's the third string quarterback. There's a reason that Thorne is startibg. Didnt yall learn nothing from Ashford. We're just going to have to ride this one out

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Yeah. We had him, but we are a smart school…

Grades, right? In his defense, and I hate to do that at this time, I think High wanted him, but AU wouldn't accept him, or a major? I may be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Carnell said:

You can say that but 8 turnovers to 2 turnovers is beating yourself.  As far as you insinuating that I am a Bama fan. I have been an Auburn fan for a probably a lot longer than you and I will continue to be a fan a lot longer than you.  Being a fan does not mean sunshine.

Wasn’t insinuating anything. We had 5 turnovers to their 0 today. Are you saying we beat ourselves?I seriously doubt you’ve been a fan longer, but maybe you are an older fart than me. Sorry I hurt your old feelings

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

Grades, right? In his defense, and I hate to do that at this time, I think High wanted him, but AU wouldn't accept him, or a major? I may be wrong. 

Something to do with his major and not enough credits for us to accept? Maybe.  I think the same thing happened to him at FL also. We really could have used him.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jluvah said:

Wasn’t insinuating anything. We had 5 turnovers to their 0 today. Are you saying we beat ourselves?I seriously doubt you’ve been a fan longer, but maybe you are an older fart than me. Sorry I hurt your old feelings

You betcha we beat ourself today but it just wasn't the turnovers, it was also sorry playcalling, sorry technique.  The last 2 I attribute to the coaching staff.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

So how much would have cost to get Cam Ward? 

I dont know specifically on Ward but the talk was it would take a million for a top end transfer QB.

3 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Something to do with his major and not enough credits for us to accept? Maybe.  I think the same thing happened to him at FL also. We really could have used him.

Well , if we're right about what we remember, there's enough to criticize tonight without AU fans making crap up. I mean, why bother lying at this point?

Just now, shabby said:

Everybody always clamorous for the second string quarterback. And then it's the third string quarterback. There's a reason that Thorne is startibg. Didnt yall learn nothing from Ashford. We're just going to have to ride this one out

We knew what Throne was and refused to bring someone else in. At least Hank has shown some ability to move the offense. I'm more mad at Hugh for not fixing this issue! I kept saying pay the money. It might have lost us a player or two in the process but we needed to be able to sell this offense to a top tier QB. 

We need to at least try to see what we have in Hank. We can always go back to PT. But we can't keep routing him out there. This should help us with Duece b/c there's no way we have all these playmakers and don't have a QB to get them the ball. 

Freeze looked terrible on the sidelines. No pun intended,  but he looked frozen.  Most on here saw enough from Thorne last year, and the bowl game, that he shouldn't be the guy. Bad passes, turnovers,  and doesn't stand tall in the pocket. This WRs class deserves better.  Auburn deserves better.  We just done a 180 on offense from the Alabama A&M game. Nick Saban put the pressure on Frezze this morning,  on GameDay, talking good about Auburn and Freeze being the sleeper team in the Conference,  and boy did we go to sleep today. Auburn is to big for Freeze, he can't handle the pressure. There I said it.

Among the things that trouble me, maybe the biggest thing is this: I've watched us play several games under Freeze where we played below our capability (I'm thinking LSU, New Mex St, & the bowl game last year & now this game; at least I hope that's below our capability), & not 1 time in those games (including today) was there a moment when I thought we were going to rally & pick up our play, especially on offense. Not 1 time. I kept waiting for it, but it never happened. Maybe if we'd caught the pick 6, but we didn't. Did anyone watch Ok St come back & beat Arky today? I never had a thought that we were going to do that. I wanted to think that, but nothing in our play allowed me to hope. Peyton's play is concerning for sure. Jason Campbell said the O line wasn't picking up blitzes. Our failure to create a single turnover in 2 games or get off the field on 3rd down (esp in the 1st half) is concerning. But repeatedly on Hugh's watch playing beneath our capabilities & not being able to turn that around is the biggest thing for me. I'm pulling for Hugh to be the guy, but I don't have much confidence right now.

• Like 1

Another reminder. Every person on that sideline is getting paid. They are professional athletes and coaches . They should be treated as such. Win or go find somewhere else to play. The coaches deserve every bit of what is being said on this board. It’s part of the deal. 

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Another reminder. Every person on that sideline is getting paid. They are professional athletes and coaches . They should be treated as such. Win or go find somewhere else to play. The coaches deserve every bit of what is being said on this board. It’s part of the deal. 

Couldn’t agree more. As do the players!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but remember when it was said we really need to get some sort of transfer QB. You need immediate success to build. I hope they can turn it around but I have no hope at this moment. 

yep, the time to fix the QB position was the off-season and Freeze inexplicably(in my mind) passed on them all. Doubtful there is an answer on this roster but I think Hank needs some snaps

Don’t worry Bammer on the ropes early but I’m sure they won’t fold like us. Can’t wait to hear about our loss and how they “almost” lost. 

In another universe, Auburn and Hank Brown would be celebrating a 35-14 win after being down 14-7 at halftime. And in that celebration you would see indentions on Thorne's ass from where he had been sitting on the bench for the last 2 hours. 

Edited by AU Is Gold
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CR said:

I dont know specifically on Ward but the talk was it would take a million for a top end transfer QB.

Would’ve been money well spent