Vs Cal Post Game Thread

5 ints and the last couple weren’t even close.  Prove to me that Thorne is better thank Hank.  That was pathetic 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

Leonard did not look good but I agree about Ward which I was begging for us to get. Honestly it was an all around loss from the offensive end. Not exactly sure what Auburn needs at the moment . 

I’ve been wanting Ward ever since he announced he was transferring out of Incarnate Word. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but remember when it was said we really need to get some sort of transfer QB. You need immediate success to build. I hope they can turn it around but I have no hope at this moment. 

Let go back further for some foresight.  Before Freeze was hired I said he was not a qualified SEC coach and 65% to 75% of you gave me grief.  The only thing they could point to was he beat Alabama twice but in actuality Bama beat themselves twice.  You talk about hindsight but that regretfully seems the only thing Auburn people use.  Some good foresight would be very useful.

Just now, catvomit said:

8 wins is tops now, 7 more likely. 

Freeze chose to ride with Thorne and it's gonna be another wasted year on the plains.

I can't complain though - I was all-in on the Freeze hire but clearly he's lost his touch.

I think 7 wins would be a highly successful season looking at things right now. 

Cal is probably the 7th most talented opponent we have on our schedule. 

• Like 3

We have the BEST, and MOST GULLIBLE, fan base in college football. Fill the stadium for a crappy product.

• Like 1

Hank   Hank.  Hank.  Hank.  Hank.  Hank.  Hank   Hank

5 minutes ago, catvomit said:

8 wins is tops now, 7 more likely. 

Freeze chose to ride with Thorne and it's gonna be another wasted year on the plains.

I can't complain though - I was all-in on the Freeze hire but clearly he's lost his touch.

Who are the 7? 

At this rate, I have 3: UNM and ULM.

Maybe we can get Arkansas, Vandy (who has Pavia at QB now) and UK? But that's only 6. 

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I think 7 wins would be a highly successful season looking at things right now. 

Cal is probably the 7th most talented opponent we have on our schedule. 

I would genuinely smile as bad as I feel right now, if we manage 7 wins with what was done today.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Let go back further for some foresight.  Before Freeze was hired I said he was not a qualified SEC coach and 65% to 75% of you gave me grief.  The only thing they could point to was he beat Alabama twice but in actuality Bama beat themselves twice.  You talk about hindsight but that regretfully seems the only thing Auburn people use.  Some good foresight would be very useful.

You’re right. Nobody beats the tide. They only beat themselves. ( sounds like ALL the Bammer fans I know)

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Next week should absolutely be a open QB competition.

At Auburn??????

Just now, jluvah said:

You’re right. Nobody beats the tide. They only beat themselves. ( sounds like ALL the Bammer fans I know)

And now they have two head coaches 

Does anyone want to dig up one of the 17 Thorne meltdown threads from last year or should we start a fresh one?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Does anyone want to dig up one of the 17 Thorne meltdown threads from last year or should we start a fresh one?

Start clean. Easier to navigate. 

30 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I continued to question the disappearing narrative about Hugh wanting a portal qb to the point that I just kept my mouth shut. 

Thorne never was the answer.

I PRAY the urgency wasn’t there to get one, at least not until it was too late (aka after the bowl).

Because as soon as the reg season (possibly season) ends, Freeze had better make that his sole focus. Look, even if Deuce somehow wants to come here still, Freeze has already burned through so much goodwill today that the pressure is going to be at full throttle for a big season in 2025 (approx where we were in 2019). A true freshmen QB, without a veteran elite supporting cast (as Bo had his TF year), is not going to get you that.

Like, barring some incredible turnaround with Hank (who should absolutely be starting the rest of the way), certainly it’s going to be all hands on deck between the staff and money men to get a big name portal QB, right?!

Freaking Vandy got a QB I would give an arm for right now. A certain user here laughed at me when I said we should’ve gotten him.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

I don't ask for much. But I look(ed) forward to Auburn football on the weekends, and this is the best they could do? 😭

image.gif.98c5fa5c89913312ce64e1ec20c1bec9.gif

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Freeze is a bigger con man than a millionaire televangelist. It ain't happening with him folks. Ready for basketball to start.

Bye.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Does she have any eligibility left? 🤣

(.... but seriously, does she?)

She’s dead .

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I don't ask for much. But I look(ed) forward to Auburn football on the weekends, and this is the best they could do? 😭

At least we know now instead of getting out hopes up for a month 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jluvah said:

You can say that but 8 turnovers to 2 turnovers is beating yourself.  As far as you insinuating that I am a Bama fan. I have been an Auburn fan for a probably a lot longer than you and I will continue to be a fan a lot longer than you.  Being a fan does not mean sunshine.

• Wow 1