Vs Cal Post Game Thread

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If Hugh doesn’t trot Hank out as the starter next week, I’m off the Hugh train.

Hugh train is a bike with training wheels 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

We knew PT was average at best, maybe below average after today’s performance. More concerning is I really expected more from both our offensive and defensive lines.

I probably should stop saying it, but I can’t get it off my mind, we were playing at home against Cal’s second and third string O. What the heck?!

Just now, Never2Yield said:

I'm nervous to see what we put on the field next week. :dunno:

I really don’t care anymore. Life is too short to waste watching this crap. I guess I should have lowered my expectations to > 7 wins. I’ll be shocked if we win 5 after todays showcase.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Never2Yield said:

I'm nervous to see what we put on the field next week. :dunno:

I’m not. 

New Mexico is legitimately a bad football team. 

the team that played today will lose to Arkansas though. 

1 minute ago, AU Is Gold said:

So many blind fans all preseason telling me Thorne would be different. Thorne defenders are idiots. 

I was one of them, probably wishful thinking on our part.

• Love 1

Just now, tbone4jc said:

I really don’t care anymore. Life is too short to waste watching this crap. I guess I should have lowered my expectations to > 7 wins. I’ll be shocked if we win 5 after todays showcase.

See.   U get used to it. Auburn football coaches do a great job of destroying any hope

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, AU-24 said:

I was one of them, probably wishful thinking on our part.

Your honesty is appreciated. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Still better than Thorne . My nana has a better completion percentage . 

Not really.  163 yds, 0 TDs and 2 INTs vs 165 yds 2 TDs (one rushing) and 4 INTs.

It's practically the Spider Man photo of them pointing at each other.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but remember when it was said we really need to get some sort of transfer QB. You need immediate success to build. I hope they can turn it around but I have no hope at this moment. 

Still can’t believe he thought upgrading the receivers and not the receivers was a good idea. To me having a good accurate qb can make mediocre receivers better. See Tom Brady . Ideally u want everything to be elite

Freeze gotta be careful here. He can potentially lose the team depending on how he handles the QB situation.  It's a small sample size but team seems to respond better to Hank

• Like 2

Just now, AU Is Gold said:

So many blind fans all preseason telling me Thorne would be different. Thorne defenders are idiots. 

Not a Thorne defender, but was hoping he would take a major step forward.   He had the whole spring and summer, but so far looks like he regressed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Outside of Ward I’m not sure who you would have gotten

Grayson McCall? No clue why we gave up on him , either. We just need an average QB. But hindsight is 20/20. Hugh bet on Thorne to save him money for the highschool recruits. The problem is it won’t matter if we can’t produce.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Not really.  163 yds, 0 TDs and 2 INTs vs 165 yds 2 TDs (one rushing) and 4 INTs.

It's practically the Spider Man photo of them pointing at each other.

Ok I really like this post Titan. Hahahaha

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

Grayson McCall? No clue why we gave up on him , either. We just need an average QB. But hindsight is 20/20. Hugh bet on Thorne to save him money for the highschool recruits. The problem is it won’t matter if we can’t produce.

Completely agree 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think McCall was grades, was it not? Money never has been and isn’t a problem for Auburn going forward.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

Thorne did have some bad moments this game, but it wasn't all on him (although, 4 picks is horrible)....

Our OLine didn't give him any protection for much of the game.

And our Defense sucked most of the game as well. If you wanna blame PT for the picks, you can also blame players for not catching a Pick Six that hit them right in hands. 

Plenty of blame to go around. 

I'm all for Hank getting a shot. I am curious how good of a runner he is though.

If we don't improve, we'll win 2 more games this year: UNM and ULM. All of the "likely" wins go out the window: Cal, Arkansas, UK, Vandy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I hear you.  I am too emotionally invested in AU sport myself.  I need to get a grip on life.  It's not that important.

DARN IT HURTS!!!

• Like 2

Auburn’s two scores were results of big penalties. Two of Cals due to turnovers 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

Just now, Never2Yield said:

I hear you.  I am too emotionally invested in AU sport myself.  I need to get a grip on life.  It's not that important.

DARN IT HURTS!!!

I stepped back big time earlier this offseason…rarely post anymore or listen to podcasts…until fall camp started and I got sucked back in.

• Like 5