Vs Cal Post Game Thread

I’ll be here every week watching. I am NOT one of AU’s 85%. 

• Like 4

As soon as the first 2 scripted drives were over and we struggled, I said “oh no…our offense is in wing it formation”

• Like 1

Hindsight is 20/20 but remember when it was said we really need to get some sort of transfer QB. You need immediate success to build. I hope they can turn it around but I have no hope at this moment. 

• Like 2

And honestly maybe this level at this point is too much for freeze. 

• Like 4

Oh well, back to not watching football on Saturdays. Think I’m gonna cancel my Sling subscription. The only reason I got it was to watch Auburn football. What I just watched is not worth 80$ per month…

• Like 4

Just now, DAG said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but remember when it was said we really need to get some sort of transfer QB. You need immediate success to build. I hope they can turn it around but I have no hope at this moment. 

Ward- Hugh didn’t want to pay

leonard - Hugh didn’t want to pay

probably a dozen other options that are way better than Thorne. I don’t give two sh**s about recruiting if it doesn’t translate to wins. 

• Like 9

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

probably a dozen other options that are way better than Thorne. I don’t give two sh**s about recruiting if it doesn’t translate to wins. 

Leonard lost to Northern Illinois today.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Outside of Ward I’m not sure who you would have gotten

If Hugh doesn’t trot Hank out as the starter next week, I’m off the Hugh train.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

Leonard did not look good but I agree about Ward which I was begging for us to get. Honestly it was an all around loss from the offensive end. Not exactly sure what Auburn needs at the moment . 

• Like 1

Just now, NoALtiger said:

Good call on not needing a transfer QB. Super smart. 

After that performance, I needed a good laugh; thanks!

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

Such a critical season…the extra $$$, even if half a mil for a really good QB was worth it.  Thorne is fool’s gold.

• Like 2

On the bright side, there's only 4, maybe 5, teams objectively better than Cal left on the schedule. OU UGA AU and Mizzou are Ls right now. No for sure wins on the schedule with this level of play

1 minute ago, AUtig85 said:

It's almost unfathomable an offense at the college level can be that much different from one week to the next. 

I'm nervous to see what we put on the field next week. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Leonard lost to Northern Illinois today.

Still better than Thorne . My nana has a better completion percentage . 

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Oh well, back to not watching football on Saturdays. Think I’m gonna cancel my Sling subscription. The only reason I got it was to watch Auburn football. What I just watched is not worth 80$ per month…

There's actually some good football to watch on Saturday. Just don't watch Auburn, and you'll be OK.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If Hugh doesn’t trot Hank out as the starter next week, I’m off the Hugh train.

You know good and well that's not gonna happen, Thorne must have Blackmail on Hugh or something. 

1 minute ago, AUApostle said:

Such a critical season…the extra $$$, even if half a mil for a really good QB was worth it.  Thorne is fool’s gold.

100%. A win over a short handed cal would pay that. Hugh is a moron. DAG said it best. AU is too big a job for Hugh. 

• Like 2