*Auburn vs. California Game Thread*

abw0004

I’m usually not one to blame refs cause missed calls are part of every game, but this crew is just bad call after ball call after bad call, and most of them are against AU. 

they need to take some new training classes after this game. 

1 minute ago, CR said:

You didnt see the preseason talking points? Thornes got weapons now hes gonna light it up!!!!!!

All I heard was he's "comfortable." That doesn't sound like a trait that translates well. I'd rather hear he's ready to eat nails because he wants to beat the opposition so bad.

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Why were they denied? 

Don't know, but they def didn't stop play to look.  Seemed to be an incomplete. 

Edited by WeaglWeaglWDE

Just now, DAG said:

Just confused if Cal is blitzing this much then why aren’t we calling quick hitters. 

Exactly what we need. Thorne looks gun shy. I’d like to see what he’s seeing 

• Like 1

Its going to be hard to beat both this descent Cal team and these bloodsucking Refs! 

We will be lucky to get out of this with a one point win!

Edited by TigerSquirrel

Just now, Win4AU said:

Need a good drive to at least flip the field.  Run Run Run

It seems we get the run game going and abandon it. 

Obvious targetting is ok but call that roughing. Plus couple missed pass interference in 1st half. Normally I don't  get on refs but this hss been bad.

• Like 2

A non-aggressive roughing the passer penalty is called on AU. The most blatant example of targeting as it is written is not called on Cal. ACC crew, go figure. 

• Like 1

Where’s Simmons?  Last week he was incredible on shallow crossing routes, and turning them into big gains.  Today???

The hot routes are there…..just watch thornes head and you’ll see he’s looking for a running lane everytime they bring pressure

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, One Beer Drinkin Dude said:

I had so much optimism coming into this game…Auburn is really letting me down….They have to get a TD on this drive…..Screw a field goal….we need 7 on the board. 

IMG_2424.jpeg

• Haha 1

Thorne sacked ...

2 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

Where’s Simmons?  Last week he was incredible on shallow crossing routes, and turning them into big gains.  Today???

Inexplicable when we are in dire need of big plays