*Auburn vs. California Game Thread*

abw0004

Wow we are losing. It’s midnight at Greece and I have to see this crap wow. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Pretty much sums it up

Agree. Other than 2 good recruiting classes, has HF really shown he’s a better coach than the last failure? If so, I’m not seeing it. He’s all smoke an mirrors and let’s see who he blames after another pathetic performance. No damn wonder we can’t get a proven HC here. 

11 minutes ago, 33gles said:

Tell me how moving the ball after spotting it and making the whole line reset after starting the clock contributes to a clean snap....

Tell me how the ref snapped the ball and also fumbled it. Exactly. 

• Like 1

I used to get annoyed at this board when things went south or (win or lose) after any LSU game. But then I noticed most of the whiners are dorks you only see here when things go wrong. Cough cough Bammers cough cough.

Agsin, we will be average at best this year.

We will will 8-9 next year. 

We will be top 5 in 2026. Dweebs.

1 hour ago, e808 said:

That’s the drawback of playing HBCU’s it really doesn’t help ur team . Auburn would have gotten better results doing a live scrimmage against each other for two quarters

💯

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Quick. Sacrifice a goat to the gods! 

• Haha 2

Just now, DAG said:

The last thing I would be doing in Greece is watching trash. Go enjoy Greece. Cut off the TV or smart device lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

2nd half adjustments that need to happen:

A lot more blitzing and man coverage.  Hurry that guy up.

More short, easy throws to move the chains. 

More zone reads/QB keepers.

Can't keep looking for 30-40 yard chunks every throw.  Can't be rushing 3 or 4.  Can't be playing soft coverage.  Way more aggression needed on defense.

Things we can't control:  refs f****** up the spot but not stopping the clock to allow us to reset, missing obvious pass interference.

You left out blocking somebody!

Just now, weagl1 said:

O line looks awful.  Thorne looks like he did last year.  Not good enough.  Hopefully they get it together in the 2nd half or this is going to be a major embarrassment.  

Eh at this point until I see any long term improvement you just assume this is what its going to be...I think they have some better players but the coaching and play calling isn;t helping them be the best they could be...just same thing year after year.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

2nd half adjustments that need to happen:

A lot more blitzing and man coverage.  Hurry that guy up.

More short, easy throws to move the chains. 

More zone reads/QB keepers.

Can't keep looking for 30-40 yard chunks every throw.  Can't be rushing 3 or 4.  Can't be playing soft coverage.  Way more aggression needed on defense.

Things we can't control:  refs f****** up the spot but not stopping the clock to allow us to reset, missing obvious pass interference.

Hurry him, but contain him. The guy is a wizard against our DBs when he escapes the pocket.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

So you’re finishing dinner?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sauce Dab said:

Going for it on 4th down and short and trying to throw a bomb just for it to be incomplete changed the momentum in the first half.

Horrible call against an actual quality opponent, OC trying to call this game like we’re going against Alabama A&M again 

Absolutely correct. Not a high percentage call at all.

Hoping that the coaches and players can redeem themselves in some way to win this thing.

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Tell me how the ref snapped the ball and also fumbled it. Exactly. 

You're determined to excuse some incompetent unprofessional stuff that contributed to the cluster****. Why? Your momma a ref?

Okay Defense, let's go!

1 minute ago, AUx said:

Thorne 7/15 for 113 yds.

Mendoza 19/21 for 205. 

Thorne has had enough pass protect for a better half. I guess Cal's secondary turned into 5*s in the off-season.

Offensive routes play a huge part. How can you attack the defense you're up against and how do you just know how to get guys open. 

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

The last thing I would be doing in Greece is watching trash. Go enjoy Greece. Cut off the TV or smart device lol

It’s midnight haha. Nothing going on right now but great time swimming in the ocean earlier haha. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Hurry him, but contain him. The guy is a wizard against our DBs when he escapes the pocket.

They've done that little pass to the TE #87 to right at least 3 times, and it's always good for 7 yards. And we have NOTHING for it.

However, FINALLY we put a man on him, and they just threw to another guy. It's a start though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So you’re finishing dinner?

Haha dinner was four hours ago. I can’t believe I am up for this..

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerSquirrel said:

Fernando Mendoza is my new Heisman pick!🙄

Nope. He'll throw 4 picks next week, and fade into obscurity for the rest of the season. 

• Haha 2

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Business or vacation?

For sure vacation. Great time to be here too. 

• Like 1