2026 Softball Recruiting

Not sure how to pull from the 2025 Softball Recruiting but names to follow for 2026 Recruiting from August 18th Camp or Other Info (sourced from WDE1976 and Twitter):

Katie King: SS from Orange Beach, AL who plays for Birmingham Thunderbolts 

Teagan Revette: C / 3B from Orange Beach, AL who plays for Birmingham Thunderbolts

Ava Hodo: C from Orange Beach, AL who plays for Birmingham Thunderbolts

Hannah Jo Sullivan: C from Brandon, MS who plays for Birmingham Thunderbolts 

Bella Maria: OF from NJ who plays for Jersey Intensity

Aubrey Moore: INF / RHP from Acworth, GA who plays for Atlanta Vipers - Tamborra

Leah Byrd: RHP / INF from Kennesaw, GA who plays for Atlanta Vipers - Tamborra

Ava Lorenzatti: RHP from Illinois who plays for Beverly Bandits

Maggie Krause: LHP from Indiana who plays for Louisville Sluggers

Cece Springfield: OF from Mableton, GA who plays for Georgia Impact 

Milan Tores: OF from Buford, GA who plays for Unity Johnson

Avary Stockwell: C from Tennessee who plays for TN Mojo Lewis

Shalya Bahr: CF / SS from Georgia who plays for Georgia Impact 

Bailee Shelton: RHP from Tennessee who plays from TN Mojo Gregory

Kensi Arringdal: MIF from Iowa who plays for TN Mojo Lewis

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

Not sure how to pull from the 2025 Softball Recruiting but names to follow for 2026 Recruiting from August 18th Camp or Other Info (sourced from WDE1976 and Twitter):

Teagan Revette: C / 3B from Orange Beach, AL who plays for Birmingham Thunderbolts

Aubrey Moore: INF / RHP from Acworth, GA who plays for Atlanta Vipers - Tamborra

Kensi Arringdal: MIG from Iowa who plays for TN Mojo Lewis

Several are on campus right now.

15 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

Kensi Arringdal: MIG from Iowa who plays for TN Mojo Lewis

Jad0003, What is it about Orange Beach that results in 3 players from that area being on the Thunderbolts?

2 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Jad0003, What is it about Orange Beach that results in 3 players from that area being on the Thunderbolts?

Theres actually five from Orange Beach on the 18u Thunderbolts Team right now - the three listed above, plus Daigle Wilson, a 2025 Auburn commit, and KG Favors, a 2025 South Carolina Commit. The Bolts website says King is originally from NC, so she might be transplant.

The Thunderbolts are one of the more recognizable travel ball organizations in the country due to their success. I would think it is an easy choice any player in the state of Alabama because they can travel to the Thunderbolts facility at least once a month to practice with the coaches and the team, plus attend more tournaments. In travel ball, some players play for organizations in different states where they train on their own then see their team at tournaments. 

However, I couldn’t conclusively say why they all play for the same organization. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

Theres actually five from Orange Beach on the 18u Thunderbolts Team right now - the three listed above, plus Daigle Wilson, a 2025 Auburn commit, and KG Favors, a 2025 South Carolina Commit. The Bolts website says King is originally from NC, so she might be transplant.

The Thunderbolts are one of the more recognizable travel ball organizations in the country due to their success. I would think it is an easy choice any player in the state of Alabama because they can travel to the Thunderbolts facility at least once a month to practice with the coaches and the team, plus attend more tournaments. In travel ball, some players play for organizations in different states where they train on their own then see their team at tournaments. 

However, I couldn’t conclusively say why they all play for the same organization. 

I suppose what I was wondering was, is Orange Beach area a softball hot spot that has some local programs that tend to produce a number of players who qualify for play with the well respected Thunderbolts travel team.  Really impressed with how you keep abreast of this stuff.  Thanks for sharing.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slot canyon said:

I suppose what I was wondering was, is Orange Beach area a softball hot spot that has some local programs that tend to produce a number of players who qualify for play with the well respected Thunderbolts travel team.  Really impressed with how you keep abreast of this stuff.  Thanks for sharing.  

I just read forums a lot, research on websites or Twitter, and subscribe to EIS or Softball America from time to time. My information is general softball knowledge, but WDE1976 and BlakeM are much more informed on the inner workings of Auburn’s program. I have no sources into the details on our program.

In terms of Orange Beach, they’ve won multiple state championships, so they are doing something right under Shane Alexander. Ava Hodo’s dad, Jody Hodo, seems to be the hitting coach for a number of the players mentioned above. I imagine he plays a hand in the success of their program. I’m not sure if he has a connection to the Bolts program outside his daughter playing for it though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

I just read forums a lot, research on websites or Twitter, and subscribe to EIS or Softball America from time to time. My information is general softball knowledge, but WDE1976 and BlakeM are much more informed on the inner workings of Auburn’s program. I have no sources into the details on our program.

In terms of Orange Beach, they’ve won multiple state championships, so they are doing something right under Shane Alexander. Ava Hodo’s dad, Jody Hodo, seems to be the hitting coach for a number of the players mentioned above. I imagine he plays a hand in the success of their program. I’m not sure if he has a connection to the Bolts program outside his daughter playing for it though. 

I had no idea, but found the following article from August this year backing up comments.  

https://gulfcoastmedia.com/stories/5-eye-popping-stats-from-orange-beach-high-makos-maxpreps-national-championship-softball-season-baldwin-county-alabama,226779

Wow!.  I don't keep up with high school softball as much anymore.  Baldwin county has always been strong, but I didn't realize OB was as dominate as they are.  They've taken the torch from the North Alabama schools.  Thanks to both of you for this info.  I hope our coaches are making that trip to OB often.  Interesting that they moved from 2A to 4A during their 4 straight years of championships.

Edited by saminbama
add stuff

Unless I’m missing someone, I believe Kensi Arringdale and Ava Lorenzatti were the only two to visit this weekend. LSU had 7+ visit this past weekend. But I like that the Malveaux’s are prioritizing getting to know the players individually. Not sure how you can get to know 7 different kids in one weekend. Hopefully our recruits loved it!

little background on each of the two recruits:

Kensi Arringdale (Middle Infielder):

- Ankeny, IA  |  TN MojoLewis travel team. 

(bats primarily in the 5&6 hole for Mojo)

- #39 ranked in EIS in 2023. 
- #T9 ranked recruit (#2 MIF) in 2022.

- #T6 recruit in Line Drive Media in 2022.

(Note: 2023 EIS rankings do not have ties. 2022 rankings did have ties). 

Ava Lorenzatti (RH Pitcher): 

- Beecher, IL | Beverly Bandits

(teammates with 2025 commit Ava Ratliff)

- #5 ranked recruit in EIS in 2023.

- #5 ranked recruit in Perfect Game.

- PGF All-American

- Basically a consensus top 10 recruit overall 

i will update here as I hear more. Haven’t heard anything official, but I would expect atleast a visit from MIF/OF Shayla Bahr (visited Oklahoma State this weekend) and C/CIF Teagan Revette.

We’ll see about some of Arringdale’s Mojo teammates, a lot of them visited Auburn’s camp a few weeks ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update: Heard Leah Byrd also visited this weekend. She’s primarily a middle infielder who pitches some. Athletics Mercado TB. 

Ranked #T6 overall recruit in EIS in 2022. 
(dropped to #9 middle infielder (top 30 overall) in 2023). 
Ranked #8 overall recruit in Perfect Game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saturday’s Visitors: (that I know of right now)

OF - CeCe Springfield (Lefty)

- I’ve touched on this before, but both her parents graduated from Auburn. So maybe she’ll commit.

- 27th overall in Softball America 

- 25th overall in EIS in 2022.

- She visited Oklahoma State last week  

INF - Peyton Valentine 

- Was ranked 19th in EIS in 2022

- Ranked 45th in Softball America. 

- Is the sister of Alabama catcher Riley Valentine and is from College Station, TX.

- She has been invited to a lot of touted camps (including Oklahoma’s Elite 50 camp) 

- She visited Ole Miss last week.

Bad News: 

Shayla Bahr (who’ve I heard grew up an AU fan & is a top 10 recruit) was rumored in Florida this weekend. 

Katie King (one of Orange Beach trio) is rumored to be Arkansas-bound. 

I assume that the Malveaux’s had more than just the two this weekend…but this is all that I’ve heard. 

Here are a list of all visitors thus far (with their highest EIS ranking): 

Ava Lorenzatti (#5) - visited Florida St today

Leah Byrd (#6)

Kensi Arringdale (#9) - visited Kentucky today

Peyton Valentine (#19)

CeCe Springfield (#25)

will update if I hear more…sorry for the long post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another visitor from yesterday:

Lilly “Goose” Goodwin - LHP

- ranked 15th overall by Softball America 

- ranked 4th overall by Perfect Game

- was travel ball teammates with Peyton Valentine. 
- Arizona Softball Gatorade Player of the Year

• Like 1

Fourth (and I believe final) vistor from yesterday:

Addison Rackley - RHP

- 8th overall in EIS in 2022. 
- PGF All-American

- 6th overall in Softball America

- Travel ball teammates with CeCe Springfield, they both visited Oklahoma State together last week. 

• Like 1

Through 2 weeks: (7 visitors)

- Ava Lorenzatti, RHP from Illinois

- Leah Byrd, SS/RHP (switch hitter) from GA

- Kensi Arringdale, SS from Iowa

- Addison Rackley, RHP from Georgia

- Goose Goodwin, LHP from Arizona

- Peyton Valentine (committed), SS from TX

- CeCe Springfield, OF from Georgia

• Like 2

Rackley is a new name for us. She’s one of the few players Gasso follows in the 2026 class, so I’d guess Oklahoma is going after her hard. 

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 1

I’ve now heard that both Leah Byrd and Ava Lorenzatti are headed elsewhere. Both ACC schools too. Big losses, but can’t blame the Malveaux’s, they’ve had such little time to recruit these 26s to Auburn.