For all the gun owners here

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

That's funny but there's some truth to it.  Apparently, everyone is afraid of everyone else.

America - "land of the free"

Lots of truth to it. Visit Montgomery AL and there are many areas you would be wise to avoid. Visit NOLA and you had better know your way around.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Lots of truth to it. Visit Montgomery AL and there are many areas you would be wise to avoid. Visit NOLA and you had better know your way around.

Perhaps you need an AR-15.

6 hours ago, JerryAU said:

WTH was the father thinking? 

He want . He is an idiot and probably will get a well deserved 100 years in prison. Good luck in general pop.

On 9/5/2024 at 8:04 PM, TexasTiger said:

Would you let your 14 year old child have an AR 15 at their disposal?

No.  Now, I don't own an AR-15 or anything like it.  I have a couple of handguns and I'd like to purchase a shotgun.  I'm not a hunter so the guns I have are for home and personal protection.  They stay locked in a pistol safe if I'm not carrying it on me.

But if I owned an AR-15 it would not be my kid's gun they had access to without me around.  It would be mine that they could shoot at a range or on our land (if I lived in the country) under my direct supervision.

And I wouldn't be buying so much as a pellet gun for a kid who the FBI suspected of making threats against his school and who'd been begging me for mental health help for months, and who I know was picked on at his last school so bad we moved him to another one. 

This father is an idiot and a worthless parent.  Kid couldn't have been worse off raised by wolves.  I hope the dad rots in prison.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No.  Now, I don't own an AR-15 or anything like it.  I have a couple of handguns and I'd like to purchase a shotgun.  I'm not a hunter so the guns I have are for home and personal protection.  They stay locked in a pistol safe if I'm not carrying it on me.

But if I owned an AR-15 it would not be my kid's gun they had access to without me around.  It would be mine that they could shoot at a range or on our land (if I lived in the country) under my direct supervision.

And I wouldn't be buying so much as a pellet gun for a kid who the FBI suspected of making threats against his school and who'd been begging me for mental health help for months, and who I know was picked on at his last school so bad we moved him to another one. 

This father is an idiot and a worthless parent.  Kid couldn't have been worse off raised by wolves.  I hope the dad rots in prison.

the maga's will hunt you down titan. i bought a 410/45 cal shotgun pistol with home defense rounds.you do not have to be a great shot either.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Perhaps you need an AR-15.

Don’t need one. I know my way around. I don’t even own a hand gun. My sons complain constantly that we should travel with one but it is hard to change with age. I do have a readily available pump shotgun for home protection. Have an older sister in law that decided she needed a pistol for travel. Keeps it in her trunk. Go figure. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Don’t need one. I know my way around. I don’t even own a hand gun. My sons complain constantly that we should travel with one but it is hard to change with age. I do have a readily available pump shotgun for home protection. Have an older sister in law that decided she needed a pistol for travel. Keeps it in her trunk. Go figure. 

So the question I still want answered…are you concerned about the FBI raiding your home? and if son

43 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

So the question I still want answered…are you concerned about the FBI raiding your home? and if so why

Buy your kid a Strat or a Gibson, not an AR15.

2 minutes ago, alanevans said:

So the question I still want answered…are you concerned about the FBI raiding your home? and if so why

Not at all. I’m more concerned with unexpected notifications from the IRS. Joking aside I have always liked accounting. My college major was Building Science but I considered accounting and enjoyed the courses. After retiring and simplifying I decided to take it upon myself to do our taxes. Takes me a while and I use what the accountant has done in the past as guide. 

I must not be very good. Last year well after tax season and my payment  to the government I received a check for $900 and a letter stating that I had overpaid. This past year I received a notice and instructions on an adjustment I had to do. Don’t know where it is going.

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not at all. I’m more concerned with unexpected notifications from the IRS. Joking aside I have always liked accounting. My college major was Building Science but I considered accounting and enjoyed the courses. After retiring and simplifying I decided to take it upon myself to do our taxes. Takes me a while and I use what the accountant has done in the past as guide. 

I must not be very good. Last year well after tax season and my payment  to the government I received a check for $900 and a letter stating that I had overpaid. This past year I received a notice and instructions on an adjustment I had to do. Don’t know where it is going.

the irs is pretty shady. they will poor it on if you mess up. the drummer in my first band learned the hard way. he had to get a lawyer............