For all the gun owners here

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Would you let your 14 year old child have an AR 15 at their disposal?

No. Think you will find that consensus. Wouldn’t bother me if the damn things were banned or whatever. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

No. Think you will find that consensus. Wouldn’t bother me if the damn things were banned or whatever. 

What consensus? Have you seen other posters here? They’d fight to make sure that these guns are allowed. Although I appreciate your sentiment in banning these sort of guns.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

No.

Doubt I’d want one in the first place 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

What consensus? Have you seen other posters here? They’d fight to make sure that these guns are allowed. Although I appreciate your sentiment in banning these sort of guns.

Read the question that my answer of “No” applied. The rest are my thoughts. You guys are amazing. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, alanevans said:

No.

Doubt I’d want one in the first place 

I have no need for one. Know several people that have one locked up in their closets. They have no need either I suppose. 

• Like 1

The father of the teen that murdered the 4 in Georgia has been arrested:

The father of Colt Gray, the teen suspect in the Apalachee High School shooting, has been arrested, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation announced Thursday.

Colin Gray, 54, is being charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter, two counts of second degree murder and eight counts of cruelty to children, GBI said. The 14-year-old shooting suspect has been charged with four counts of felony murder. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/father-georgia-high-school-shooting-suspect-arrested/

This, along with the Michigan parents is a start to stop the teens shooting up schools.  Evidently the FBI was on to this teen since last year.  The father should have known better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to say, if this is any indication the Auburn crowd has come a long way.

Few years ago I remember a thread where multiple posters said they needed an AK47 for when the Feds came after them.

Think that was Auburn Undercover though, pretty weird demographic 

A federal judge just ruled that 2nd amendment permits *machine guns*.

8 hours ago, alanevans said:

I have to say, if this is any indication the Auburn crowd has come a long way.

Few years ago I remember a thread where multiple posters said they needed an AK47 for when the Feds came after them.

Think that was Auburn Undercover though, pretty weird demographic 

Adult needs for an AK47 is not the question Alan. I don’t recall the thread you are talking about and why would anyone anticipate the Feds coming after them?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Adult needs for an AK47 is not the question Alan. I don’t recall the thread you are talking about and why would anyone anticipate the Feds coming after them?

There were a couple of posters on here  last year that said they needed assault rifles to resist the gov if necessary.  They haven’t posted in some time but it was friggin creepy.

I won’t say anything else about AR’s.  The fact people insist that they somehow need them depresses me.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

nope

30 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

what do you think the tread on me flags mean? they might have to shoot their own neighbors

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

what do you think the tread on me flags mean? they might have to shoot their own neighbors

Haven’t seen any flags. I have seen a few similar truck bumper stickers. Usually means the vehicle owner is 20 years old with a head full of mush.

• Haha 3

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Haven’t seen any flags. I have seen a few similar truck bumper stickers. Usually means the vehicle owner is 20 years old with a head full of mush.

for my big mouth i am pretty harmless. violence is the fruit of ignorance in my humble opinion. i would be hard pressed to hurt or kill anyone.

Well, I'm not a gun owner to start. I personally would definitely not let a 14 yr old have a weapon like that. However, I know many gun enthusiasts. All of them feel the same way. If any of them did allow a teenager to shoot a weapon like that, it would be at a range or a safe, controlled setting only and the rifles and ammo would be stored securely in a safe that only they would have access to. 

I cannot imagine what the Father was thinking in this situation. I don't know what the extent of his punishment will be, but whatever it is it should be the same even if he didn't buy the gun for his son and just left it accessible. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Dude, out here in Texas the don’t tread on me flags, the Texas secession flag and the grey-scale American flag are all over the place in my neighborhood. The greyscale one is the most concerning. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

There were a couple of posters on here  last year that said they needed assault rifles to resist the gov if necessary.  They haven’t posted in some time but it was friggin creepy.

I won’t say anything else about AR’s.  The fact people insist that they somehow need them depresses me.

Yes, I’ve seen that too….in fact I asked one of them directly why s/he thought that the government would come after them…

No answer….they may have thought I was making fun, but I really wanted to understand.

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Dude, out here in Texas the don’t tread on me flags, the Texas secession flag and the grey-scale American flag are all over the place in my neighborhood. The greyscale one is the most concerning. 

There is a reason I feel no need for an AR15…..I plan ahead and drive around neighborhoods you would live in Didba😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

There is a reason I feel no need for an AR15…..I plan ahead and drive around neighborhoods you would live in Didba😉

That's funny but there's some truth to it.  Apparently, everyone is afraid of everyone else.

America - "land of the free"

Edited by homersapien

I'll not get too deep in discussion on this subject, but I'm a gun owner and I'm a father. Common sense should prevail as a parent, obviously it did not in the case of the Georgia father/son. 

Apparently, the FBI detected threats and dangerous comments made by the kid and they questioned the family and specifically the father about his son's access to guns, etc.

After the FBI had tagged the family as a potential threat/danger, the father chose to give his son an AR15 for Christmas, WTH was the father thinking? 

47 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I'll not get too deep in discussion on this subject, but I'm a gun owner and I'm a father. Common sense should prevail as a parent, obviously it did not in the case of the Georgia father/son. 

Apparently, the FBI detected threats and dangerous comments made by the kid and they questioned the family and specifically the father about his son's access to guns, etc.

After the FBI had tagged the family as a potential threat/danger, the father chose to give his son an AR15 for Christmas, WTH was the father thinking? 

I’m a gun owner, hunter, and a father.

And we need to stop rationalizing why anyone needs assault rifles. Enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

Well… the kids name was Colt so I have to imagine there wasn’t too much thinking going on in that family. 

• Haha 1