Comparing A&M's #1 2022 Class To AU's Potential Class

Viper

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Give me #1 now............................

Also should add I think we will get to #1 so you need to get ready......

eBuegAQ6XVnrptOkyP.webp

What I want to see is the #1 impactful recruiting class in Auburn history. Texas A&M had the greatest ever recruiting class ON PAPER. But their class really had no impact on changing the course of the program or contending for Championships. I would love the #1 recruiting class, but in 3-4 years I want to look back at a recruiting class full on All-SEC, All-American, and 1st Round draft pick type players that won a National Championship(s) for Auburn. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 12:37 AM, DAG said:

Who cares? We worry about senseless things , almost sabotaging our own success. When you are doing something at a high level, you will always have a target on you , whether it is admiration or hate. 

More of that JABA worry.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2024 at 10:49 PM, Viper said:

I don't believe anyone is disputing that.

It's the pressure that it creates for Freeze to succeed immediately (10+ wins in 2025 and from now on). And if he doesn't, he's on the hot seat in 2026 and here we go again.

So what is the solution, limit the talent you can sign?

3 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

So what is the solution, limit the talent you can sign?

Sign the #2 class. Let OSU have #1.

8 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

More of that JABA worry.

Did JABA affect Jimbo? Currently affecting Napier?

14 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Right. Let’s not sign the number one class on purpose.

That’s really smart.

Then be prepared for the immediate expected results. This isn’t 2003.

Edited by Viper

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Then be prepared for the immediate expected results. This isn’t 2003,

It’ll be year three at that point. He better be on a sharp, upward trajectory regardless of the class ranking.

• Like 1

There are those who already have Hugo on a short high expectations list. It just means you are a few tenths or hundredths ranked on a composite. If immediate success didn't happen then  it would only cycle the criticism with a newer validated opinion. The biggest gain would not be in fan bragging but the conference and college football in general taking note that Auburn is not sitting still. A number 1 class ranking would not make Auburn a media or other fan favorite. Embrace it if it happens. If we finish number 2 then you can be ecstatic.:cheers:

2 hours ago, Viper said:

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Don't get me started on 2003.

15 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That’s really smart.

Can’t make this stuff up. Like there is a Uber difference between #1 and #2 in terms of expectations. 

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

Can’t make this stuff up. Like there is a Uber difference between #1 and #2 in terms of expectations. 

I don’t see us ever having expectations that an OSU or Bama has, in the media’s eyes.  Even if we bring in multiple top 10 classes. That may just be because I’ve never seen it though 

15 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That’s really smart.

I think we should take it a step further. If we make it to the championship game one day, let's make sure to lose. Imagine the target on our back if we won it all. No thank you!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It’ll be year three at that point. He better be on a sharp, upward trajectory regardless of the class ranking.

Yup he better regardless. With a #1 class, 10+ wins is a must. Single digit “solid” ($1 to Gus) seasons will no longer cut it. 

26 minutes ago, Shadow Tiger said:

Don't get me started on 2003.

Tubbs was handed a mulligan because Jetgate was botched. He got an extra season to make things right after a 5-loss season.

Freeze, with a #1 class in tow, won’t be afforded the same good fortune if he loses 4-5 games next season. 

33 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t see us ever having expectations that an OSU or Bama has, in the media’s eyes.  Even if we bring in multiple top 10 classes. That may just be because I’ve never seen it though 

Can only see it coming from the fans and rightfully so .

25 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Neither of those teams had National Championship expectations right prior to dink’s and Meyer’s arrivals. Now it’s a staple at both places.

Chizik and Gus brought in Top 10 classes. We’re used to that. We’re talking numero uno, which has never been sniffed. Expectations with just one #1 class would demand 10 wins at minimum. Plus Freeze currently has the #1 2026 class, which further flames the hype train.

Tell the dumbass above there is huge difference between #1 and #2 in terms of expectations. Ask Jimbo.

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Tell the dumbass above there is huge difference between #1 and #2 in terms of expectations. Ask Jimbo.

Then why do you keep bringing up Napier having a #5 class at some point, like that was his downfall?

You cannot possibly be calling anyone a dumbass in this thread. 

I promise you Napier’s and Jimbo’s problems weren’t recruiting too well. 

Winners welcome high expectations and meet them. Losers do whatever it is you’re talking about. 

You are overthinking this. Everyone is playing checkers, you’re trying to play chess, but ended up playing Candyland. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

There certainly was with Jimbo, but his teams absolutely imploded. He got beat by a broken Auburn team with a first time head coach in 2022

59 minutes ago, Viper said:

Tubbs was handed a mulligan because Jetgate was botched. He got an extra season to make things right after a 5-loss season.

Freeze, with a #1 class in tow, won’t be afforded the same good fortune if he loses 4-5 games next season. 

Freeze won't make the same mistake Tubbs did with the Nalsminger experiment at OC. If Freeze starts stacking top 3 recruiting classes, he's gonna roll like Saban and Smart.

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Then why do you keep bringing up Napier having a #5 class at some point, like that was his downfall?

Winners welcome high expectations and meet them. Losers do whatever it is you’re talking about. 

You are overthinking this. Everyone is playing checkers, you’re trying to play chess, but ended up playing Candyland. 

Get with the program, CBO.

IMG_5425.gif

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Get with the program, CBO.

IMG_5425.gif

Exactly stop being a dumbass @cbo and hoping we actually become the best at something. I feel like that poster is the real life Dwight Schrute. He has to be. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, cbo said:

Napier had the #5 class. He dropped to the #15 class. You are not comprehending the dynamics of what happened by losing his final 5 games of the season.

That was check and mate. And will soon be his employment.

Take your Candyland, turn that sumbtch sideways and shove it straight up your candyland azz.

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There certainly was with Jimbo, but his teams absolutely imploded. He got beat by a broken Auburn team with a first time head coach in 2022

Preaching to the choir. Your point?