My Thoughts From the Stadium (Alabama A&M 2024)

abw0004

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Good morning all,

I hope this finds you well.  For those of you unfamiliar with me and my threads that I create like these, I go to all of the home games and try be be your eyes and ears for those unable to go and want to feel like they were there.  However, as my work schedule continues to load up with tax laws beginning to expire next year, I will have to manage my time and determine if I can continue writing these posts.  I will admit I am not as well versed in the X's and O's as many on here so I will try to stick to the fan-side of things.  If you do feel like you were there after reading my posts, please let me know!

Weather:  For those feeling the "nip" the prior week, I can say I did not feel it quite yet weather-wise at the game.  Being 90 degrees and very humid, that part was not as fun to endure, despite it being a night game.  That will begin to change as we get further into the season with the leaves changing and the cool air beginning to settle in.

Hype Videos:  Anyone that knows me well, know I love a good hype video.  I check YouTube almost every day looking for a new one that appears.  Auburn released two prior to kickoff in the stadium with the first replicating essentially the players gearing up coming out of a Freezer.  That lines up with the teasers that Auburn put out a month ago.  The second was narrated by Jason Campbell and was pretty good.  Same with the 4th quarter video.  That one was narrated by Carlos Rogers.  Those videos will be important in the SEC slate to keep fans really in it so we can stay true to our name of being one of the loudest stadiums in the country.

Fans:  Typically with games like these I expect the stadium not to be packed out.  It isn't that I agree or disagree with this, but is just a fact.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the stadium full this year.  Part of this was due to it being the first game, but I think the other part is fans really starting to believe in our head coach and our team.  We weren't that loud during the game, but that was to be expected with a game like this.  During the player introductions, everyone went wild for Cam Coleman being announced.  I hope recruits heard that, knowing that even as a untested freshmen, we still love and support you 100%.

Flyover:  It had been teased on Facebook for a good week we would have a helicopter flyover, and when it came time, we did in fact have that.  Helicopter flyovers are my favorite because them come in low and slow.  They come in close enough that you can see the airmen waiving to us.  That is always special to see.

800:  If you did not know, Saturday's win was win number 800 for our program.  At the end of the game Auburn put out a video and the link is below for you to be able to watch it yourself.  It was special to see and brought back a few good memories for myself, even though I am not old enough to have witnessed most of these in real time.  I hope to be there for 900 and maybe even 1,000 too.

Wear White:  For the California game this Saturday, don't forget to wear white!  You would probably want to wear white anyway with it being a 3:30 PM Eastern kickoff.  See you there!  :wareagle:

My thoughts from the stadium are we got better wide receivers, much better. Additionally, the fireworks went off JUST as the copters passed. It seemed dangerously close for those of us watching from North West Upper Deck. 

Edited by Auburn93
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Good morning all,

I hope this finds you well.  For those of you unfamiliar with me and my threads that I create like these, I go to all of the home games and try be be your eyes and ears for those unable to go and want to feel like they were there.  However, as my work schedule continues to load up with tax laws beginning to expire next year, I will have to manage my time and determine if I can continue writing these posts.  I will admit I am not as well versed in the X's and O's as many on here so I will try to stick to the fan-side of things.  If you do feel like you were there after reading my posts, please let me know!

Weather:  For those feeling the "nip" the prior week, I can say I did not feel it quite yet weather-wise at the game.  Being 90 degrees and very humid, that part was not as fun to endure, despite it being a night game.  That will begin to change as we get further into the season with the leaves changing and the cool air beginning to settle in.

Hype Videos:  Anyone that knows me well, know I love a good hype video.  I check YouTube almost every day looking for a new one that appears.  Auburn released two prior to kickoff in the stadium with the first replicating essentially the players gearing up coming out of a Freezer.  That lines up with the teasers that Auburn put out a month ago.  The second was narrated by Jason Campbell and was pretty good.  Same with the 4th quarter video.  That one was narrated by Carlos Rogers.  Those videos will be important in the SEC slate to keep fans really in it so we can stay true to our name of being one of the loudest stadiums in the country.

Fans:  Typically with games like these I expect the stadium not to be packed out.  It isn't that I agree or disagree with this, but is just a fact.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the stadium full this year.  Part of this was due to it being the first game, but I think the other part is fans really starting to believe in our head coach and our team.  We weren't that loud during the game, but that was to be expected with a game like this.  During the player introductions, everyone went wild for Cam Coleman being announced.  I hope recruits heard that, knowing that even as a untested freshmen, we still love and support you 100%.

Flyover:  It had been teased on Facebook for a good week we would have a helicopter flyover, and when it came time, we did in fact have that.  Helicopter flyovers are my favorite because them come in low and slow.  They come in close enough that you can see the airmen waiving to us.  That is always special to see.

800:  If you did not know, Saturday's win was win number 800 for our program.  At the end of the game Auburn put out a video and the link is below for you to be able to watch it yourself.  It was special to see and brought back a few good memories for myself, even though I am not old enough to have witnessed most of these in real time.  I hope to be there for 900 and maybe even 1,000 too.

Wear White:  For the California game this Saturday, don't forget to wear white!  You would probably want to wear white anyway with it being a 3:30 PM Eastern kickoff.  See you there!  :wareagle:

For me to wear white, I will have to find a Terry Bowden or Tommy Tuberville shirt.

2 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

For me to wear white, I will have to find a Terry Bowden or Tommy Tuberville shirt.

Don't forget your tie 😁TerryBowden.thumb.jpeg.5abb56052786727dd6e5aa0bdcae53f2.jpeg

• Love 1

thanx abw. i am glad less folks jumped off the upper deck unlike last year. grins

that was the best auburn video i think i have ever seen.........

Edited by aubiefifty

I was shocked to see how many people were still in the stadium during the 3rd qtr.  maybe it’s one of those games where people come who won’t come to other games due to the ticket prices so they’re not in a hurry to leave?  Maybe it’s because you can get a beer at the game so no need to head back to the tailgate or bars at halftime?  I’ll be down for Arkansas and maybe Oklahoma if the ticket prices come down some.  
How are the beer lines?  Is it a quick process or is the line so long that it scares you off?

11 hours ago, Shadow Tiger said:

Don't forget your tie 😁TerryBowden.thumb.jpeg.5abb56052786727dd6e5aa0bdcae53f2.jpeg

Bring this look back freeze! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, woodford said:

Bring back this entire aesthetic 

I always thought it was cool when I saw the vintage dressing coaches did back in the day. Way before my time by Vince Lombardi pieced up just shined professionalism and excellence. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, woodford said:

Bring back this entire aesthetic 

I dont know about the rest of y'all but I can't get my tie to hang that low -- jus  sayin' ...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Win4AU said:

How are the beer lines?  Is it a quick process or is the line so long that it scares you off?

Where I am, the beer coolers were in the self-serve lines.  It was fairly quick, but there were only three self-serve kiosks, so that slowed down the line.  I hope they add more self serve kiosks.  That would move things along quicker.

They definitely were well stocked though and had a maximum of two per person.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DAG said:

I always thought it was cool when I saw the vintage dressing coaches did back in the day. Way before my time by Vince Lombardi pieced up just shined professionalism and excellence. 

Liked it myself. Also made it easy to spot the head coach. Think football drifted away from that in the late 90’s. Don’t recall Tubs ever wearing a tie on game day after Tiger Walk. 

• Like 1

Heck, I wore a white button-down & rep tie to nearly every Auburn game I attended as a student (on my greatly extended student "career"), so most of the 80s.

//I did finally graduate from Auburn, as have my two oldest children. They were not allowed to repeat the sins of the father.

• Like 1