Two coaches who will be gone next year

AURex

Napier at Florida - sure am glad Auburn didn't hire him

Sanders at Colorado - sure am glad Auburn didn't hire him

• Like 3

Deion could “retire” once his sons are out, and wouldn’t surprise me. I honestly believe that is only reason he started coaching in my opinion.

Dabo flames out this year, and he could “retire” also. 

So, Sunbelt Billy, Deion Sanders, Dabo Swinney, Mike Norvell (one year to go), seem to be well on the way out the door?

Norvell’s contract protects him this year 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Norhell at FSU

Norvell won 10 games in 2022, went undefeated in the regular season and should have been in the playoffs last year, and he's on the hot seat? Rough profession. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cbo said:

Norvell won 10 games in 2022, went undefeated in the regular season and should have been in the playoffs last year, and he's on the hot seat? Rough profession. 

He is 0-3 while loaded with talent. The Oseola Message Board had a "Fire Norvell" thread at the top of the page.

3 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

He is 0-3 while loaded with talent. The Oseola Message Board had a "Fire Norvell" thread at the top of the page.

I don't doubt that at all. 

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

I don't doubt that at all. 

Gone this year? Probably not. On the hot seat? Oh yeah!

• Like 1

On 9/2/2024 at 12:04 AM, AURex said:

Napier at Florida - sure am glad Auburn didn't hire him

Heard a bit of his postgame interview today on the radio. Boy, did he sound a lot like The Great Potato Famine…

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cbo said:

Pretty silly at this point, to me.

• Like 1

The apparel arrives as a direct dig at Napier's postgame comments following Saturday's loss.

With Napier under pressure in his third season at Florida, the Gators opened with a dismal Week 1 performance, fading after halftime and gaining just 261 yards of total offense in the 24-point defeat to the in-state rival Hurricanes. Speaking to reporters afterward, Napier made a pointed regional reference as part of a longer answer focused on the importance of ignoring outside noise and flushing the emotions of the season-opening beat down.

"One thing I can say is that we have a group that's working hard," Napier said. "I do think that we have character. We have to go to work on the football part. And I think we have to become a more consistent team, and we have to execute better.

"If we can focus on those things and not necessarily what some guy in his basement is saying in rural Central Florida on social media, then we got a chance to get better."

Napier's comments -- and the t-shirts they prompted -- are sure to return to the surface again next month when UCF visits Florida on Oct. 5. In the meantime, Florida hosts the Samford Bulldogs at 7 p.m. ET in Week 2, while UCF gets a visit from the Sam Houston State Bearkats Saturday evening (6:30 p.m. ET)

On 9/3/2024 at 4:18 PM, cbo said:

No way FSU should have been in the playoff. The selection is NOT based entirely on W-L record. It also takes into account how a team does later in the season and takes into account injuries. FSU was not the dominant team that they were with their starting QB.

Still, FSU should have been a top team this year? BLECH!!! They did not show up for their bowl game. IMO, even if they had showed up with everyone, they would have been clobbered by UGA. 

FSU was a pretender. And this season attests to that fact. They got nuthin'. And now after losses to GT and (hahahaha0 BC, really .......

As for Norvell ....... I'm so glad we didn't go for him. Despite the huge recruiting at FSU, we see nuthin'.

Edited by AURex

11 hours ago, AURex said:

No way FSU should have been in the playoff. The selection is NOT based entirely on W-L record. It also takes into account how a team does later in the season and takes into account injuries. FSU was not the dominant team that they were with their starting QB.

Still, FSU should have been a top team this year? BLECH!!! They did not show up for their bowl game. IMO, even if they had showed up with everyone, they would have been clobbered by UGA. 

FSU was a pretender. And this season attests to that fact. They got nuthin'. And now after losses to GT and (hahahaha0 BC, really .......

As for Norvell ....... I'm so glad we didn't go for him. Despite the huge recruiting at FSU, we see nuthin'.

They didn’t show up in bowl game mainly due to opt outs in my estimation. A lot of teams didn’t for same reason. You probably are correct in that they would have been lowest seeded team but I still think they should have been in playoffs. Helped as data to drive more numbers in playoffs though so I am good with that.

Pittman could be replaced by Malzahn at Arky.

I think Deion gets another year, unless the reports of guns and cash in the locker room are true.

I thin Napier is gone if UF could convince Lane Kiffin to come.

Edited by WillMunny
  • Wow 1

I think Neon, Napier and Pittman are out after this season. It will be interesting to see who they hire. The pickin's are not really so good at the beginning of this season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WillMunny said:

I think Deion gets another year, unless the reports of guns and cash in the locker room are true.

In which case he gets 3-5.

On 9/2/2024 at 12:04 AM, AURex said:

I originally just liked you post because I agreed. Then I ran across a story of the Colorado locker room(link shared below). Fights, guns, money, and bullying. It is really a massive crap show. While I didn't think Deion would ultimately be successful at a major program, I didn't see that. Auburn dodged a landmine when they didn't hire him.

As an aside: I fully believe these stories are coming out because Deion started kicking the media out press conferences. How dare he challenge their profession/access? That said all sides have terrible optics in my eyes and opinion.

Colorado football coaches throw hands in newly surfaced video

• Wow 1

4 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I originally just liked you post because I agreed. Then I ran across a story of the Colorado locker room(link shared below). Fights, guns, money, and bullying. It is really a massive crap show. While I didn't think Deion would ultimately be successful at a major program, I didn't see that. Auburn dodged a landmine when they didn't hire him.

As an aside: I fully believe these stories are coming out because Deion started kicking the media out press conferences. How dare he challenge their profession/access? That said all sides have terrible optics in my eyes and opinion.

Colorado football coaches throw hands in newly surfaced video

I said a couple of years ago that if we  hired that clown I would be done with Auburn after nearly 60 years.

On 9/3/2024 at 3:18 PM, cbo said:

Remember, Chiz won a NC at Auburn, and was gone 2 years later. Same for Coach O at LSU.

https://athlonsports.com/college/colorado-buffaloes/ex-colorado-assistant-trevor-reilly-fight-josh-jynes-buffaloes-fight-club-culture

Deion's days are numbered. Absolutely no discipline in that program. Plus, the on the field results are going south very quickly. It is obvious now he was just a flash in the pan