direct tv drops all espn channels

aubiefifty

i cannot stand direct tv over crapl ike this.

GWbUH2CbsAEe2sr.jpg

i hope i was not hoo dooed since i swiped this from the rant but folks were mad so i assume this to be true.

Boo hoo. The biggest thing wrong with sports is ESPN and its binge-spending to buy rights to everything without any ability to cover those costs - except by cost inflation AND saturation advertising to keep from going broke. ESPN and, close behind, other sports broadcasts are now unwatchable and disproportionately-expensive. And they're just approaching the "hold my beer" moment. Go ahead, make excuses. I feel sorry for folks still stuck with direcTV. I thought they already went out of business. I won't be extorted to subscribe to any service to see ESPN-controlled sports because it is beyond insanity. ESPN/Disney/StarWars paid (blank check) to capture sole rights to leagues and playoffs, and is going after even more. If they were the pre-disney, pure-sports quality and mission of 1995 ESPN, maybe. But not this hideous, insatiable beast. So, for this imperialism they risk bankruptcy unless they jack up costs AND fill every second with advertisements, endorsements, co-marketing, and product placements. They even get sports governance in most leagues to diminish game time to cram more advertising down your throat because there's not enough room in the sport for the advertising they know you need. Yeah, I'm not a fanatic. It won't irk me to abstain as it might others. For me, it is principle. I guess I am the ONLY one on this planet who refuses to participate in this inflationary enshitification game. This Elax/Allstate/Wegovy/Tampax/4-Hour Energy/Lyrica/Modelo/Geico/BurgerKing/Xarelto rant brought to you by Disney Advertising, who says, "you can suck it and suck it some more!"

• Like 1

Anybody dropping DirecTV?  That’s what I have and need to figure something out for this coming weekend.  

37 minutes ago, Barkchevious said:

Anybody dropping DirecTV?  That’s what I have and need to figure something out for this coming weekend.  

I did a few years back for YouTube TV. Way better, and cheaper.

To be fair, this isn't on DirecTV.  This is almost always on the parent company of those channels. In this case Disney.  They want more money to carry their channels and DirecTV isn't just going to say OK, here you go.   They are going to try to negotiate but it takes the parent company being willing to actually negotiate.   That statement released by Disney is passing buck and the blame to DirecTV to try to cover their ass.   When contracts like these expire, the parent company ALWAYS wants to raise rates for that cable or satellite provider to keep their channels.  Then when the cable/satellite company doesn't just bend over and say ok, the channels are often pulled by the parent company not the cable/satellite provider.   

I've never been a fan of DirecTV but I applaud them here for standing their ground to be able to provide those channels to their customers at a somewhat reasonable cost. 

Wasn't it SlingTV last year that got hung out by Disney/ESPN/ABC/StarWars? Dutch East India, Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Rockerfeller ain't got nuttin' on the rodent.