2025 4* LB Elijah "FREAK" Melendez Commits to AU!!!

WFE12

Menendez is a visitor today as well, iirc

Offord could either be a Perry Thompson today or a KJ Bolden; either way he’s going to be heavily HEAVILY pressured by his boys to commit 

Freeze is Al Capone swinging a bat at other teams. Bama, Ohio St, Michigan, Miami and Notre Dame never dreamed Auburn would be taking players from them but here it is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Viper said:

He reminds me of Manti Te'o.

On the field, not on the internet! LOL

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Viper said:

He reminds me of Manti Te'o.

Let's hope he brings his real girlfriend with him, and not his imaginary girlfriend 😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • RunInRed changed the title to 2025 4* LB Elijah Melendez (Miami Decommit) Commits to AU!!!
  • ellitor changed the title to 2025 4* LB Elijah "FREAK" Melendez Commits to AU!!!
  • ellitor pinned this topic

Freeze may not be the best in game coach (hopefully he'll get to 7 wins this year), but he sure does know how to recruit and next year's class can't get here soon enough. We need the blue chippers on both lines for sure, acknowledging it'll take time for them to develop, reach their ceiling, etc. the sooner we improve on the lines the better.

• Like 2

On 8/31/2024 at 11:19 AM, WFE12 said:

Bruh is jacked gah lee

For real. Glad it worked out with Melendez cause the next option on our board is also a physical freak but a bit more outside the box https://www-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3093737/amp/Town-stalked-giant-2m-tall-95-KILO-kangaroo-emerges-bushes-terrorise-dog-walkers-golfers.html

Chad Simmons' thoughts on Freak after seeing him play last night...

• Physical
• Violent
• Intense
• Versatile
• Leader
• Fast

Overall, Melendez really shined. He was used more as an off ball linebacker in this game, so he was in the flats, in coverage and out of the action at times, but when he was around the ball, he was active and involved. I really liked him in the second half when they used him off the edge to blitz the QB. He got in there with ease on both inside and outside moves to pressure the quarterback. He made a big 3rd down stop on 3rd and short against the run. When he plays, he plays fast and plays hard. He leaves it on the on the field.

I was talking with one of the Osceola coaches before the game, and I asked him to describe Elijah, he said, "Exotic". To me, he looks like an SEC linebacker. He looked the part and played the part on Thursday night. He can improve on his reads and working in coverage like most high school backers, but he will bring an attitude to that linebacker room at Auburn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ellitor unpinned this topic