Vs Alabama A&M Post Game Thread

On 9/1/2024 at 5:11 PM, AURex said:

Even so, PT only completed 62% of his passes, and that was with no real pressure against a very inferior defense. To me, that was not as impressive as I would have expected.

he wasnt throwing little dunk and dink passes. Average yards per pass is the true story here

• Like 2

So, if a QB throws a 97 yard TD play, but only completes a few other passes, he is a star? Sorry, I'm not dissing on Thorne. I'm just saying we need to see him and our OL playing against some real competition.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Hey Win, Damari only had 3 carries.   He gained 12 yards but one of the 3 carries was a TD from the 1.   Take that one carry away, and he averaged 6 YPC.   As a team, we averaged 9.8 YPC.   JH averaged 13.3, PT averaged 12.3 and JC averaged 8.7.   I hope this helps to ease the concern, grins.....

I stand corrected 

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, AURex said:

So, if a QB throws a 97 yard TD play, but only completes a few other passes, he is a star? Sorry, I'm not dissing on Thorne. I'm just saying we need to see him and our OL playing against some real competition.

There is room for optimism on PT. No Ashford this year and better receivers. We will definitely have a better idea after Cal. 

35 minutes ago, AURex said:

I don’t know if he’s a star, but if a QB throws 6 97 yard TD passes with 4 incompletions, I’ll learn to live with it. 😉

Again the little bit of pass rush they did have and secondary not being as sharp had me concerned for sec play. Hopefully they turn things up enough for Oklahoma. It don't look as bad now since A&M is so bad but these are things you notice.

Thorne is not a “star” and I think his timeline as a qb shows that. However, Thorne can be competent enough for our offense to be off the charts and that is what we want. I will take 62% if we are making big plays when they count and the running game is fine. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I don’t know if he’s a star, but if a QB throws 6 97 yard TD passes with 4 incompletions, I’ll learn to live with it. 😉

QB rating tells the whole story with the only caveat being the opposition. We will indeed learn more this week.