Vs Alabama A&M Post Game Thread

Poor Alabama A&M.  That was one of the most lopsided matchups I’ve seen Auburn play in a while.  It looked like the crowd stuck around for a good bit of the game.  I don’t know if that’s because you can get a beer in the stadium or what?  Good start to the season.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

Nobody gonna mention the comical absurdity of shortening the quarters in the 2nd half? That's something that happens in little league or something you read about that happened in the 1920s lmao

Why risk injury?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tiger said:

Nobody gonna mention the comical absurdity of shortening the quarters in the 2nd half? That's something that happens in little league or something you read about that happened in the 1920s lmao

Arkansas did it as well the other night. They won 70-0 and the coaches agreed on shortening the quarters. I can't recall ever seeing that before this year. With the heat and humidity the way it's been in the southeast and players cramping up, I can understand it. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah I don’t get locking the game thread just to lock it lol. 

for well over 20 years we have ALWAYS locked the football game thread when the game is over.  Anybody on the board that wants to discuss the game further can start a post game thread.

• Like 2

Secondary needs work, A&M dropped several passes and there were open receivers that their quarterback just missed.  Other than that, a VERY solid game. It was the best that we have looked in a long time.  Bring on Cal!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

This gives me hope. Yes, against a very inferior team of course , but PT looked good, threw some pretty passes and the new receivers, portal guys and true freshman showed, it’s going to take a hell of a secondary to keep up with them rotating in and out.  WDE. 

That is a legit stat.

I think people took my post about the shortened quarters as criticizing it. Playing an additional 10 minutes wouldn't have helped anybody but I just thought it was hilarious instituting a "mercy rule" in big time college athletics

10 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Exactly..not encouraging. I've seen keyron Crawford might be better than McLeod. We need more pressure. Got time to figure it out.

He didn't sound upset to me on the post game show which came after the press I guess. I don't expect the DL to be good. I expect the receivers to be good. Look at the star ratings for both. 

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

As fun as this was the only really big takeaway SEC wide today is that Billy Napier is cooked at UF. 

They will hire a great recruiter with a new exciting vision, and we will battle for some players. We want Napier to do well and keep him there. Cristobal has a top notch QB and may help him get over the hump.

9 hours ago, Tiger said:

Pat Dye did it in 1988, and he was not little league. 

43 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

for well over 20 years we have ALWAYS locked the football game thread when the game is over.  Anybody on the board that wants to discuss the game further can start a post game thread.

I did see the other moderator explain this 15 hours before you did, yes…

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Thorne did what I said he need to do. At least 300 yards and 4 Touchdowns!

He missed some wide open throws but he also had plenty of time to make decisions. I really hope the play callers and offensive line can give him enough time to make good decisions. After some of the games last year I was really concerned and still am about how he is going to do in more contested games. I hope that the coaches and OL have improved enough that he can have a better year, will have to wait and see how it plays out.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

They will hire a great recruiter with a new exciting vision, and we will battle for some players. We want Napier to do well and keep him there. Cristobal has a top notch QB and may help him get over the hump.

I fully expect Florida to put everything on the table for Lanning or James Franklin if given the opportunity. The other potential targets would probably be someone like Leipold or Eli Drinkwitz. I doubt Drink would leave Mizzou after building them up himself, but money and better recruiting speak volumes sometimes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

As fun as this was the only really big takeaway SEC wide today is that Billy Napier is cooked at UF. 

He was cooked on arrival. 

10 hours ago, Tiger said:

I’m surprised A&M didn’t forfeit for safety purposes. Should have went 5 min quarters in the 2nd. 

• Haha 1

The freeze four can potentially go down in infamy as the group of young men who really could change the guard with this program. People , imo, kept sleeping on Malcolm Simmons and Bryce (Don’t let the fumble fool you). I am excited to see how this team responds to adversity because just to be honest all the SEC teams with the exception of the aggies really impressed me. The SEC is going to be wild this year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AUDub said:

Think we hang 50 on them. 

You will just bellyache about it not being 60. Did you like the shortened game? Thought it was a great move.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburn/2024/08/31/auburn-football-and-alabama-am-shorten-quarters-for-second-half-of-blowout/75037429007/

Question about the bands playing during the game...I didn't think they can be playing during game play. A&M was constantly doing it last night but never got warned about it. Does anyone know how that works?

13 hours ago, AUStew87 said:

According to ESPN, it’s surprising true. Fairweather had 6 TDs and the other TEs accounted for the remaining TD receptions. 

Now if we can get him to catch the ball better 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Question about the bands playing during the game...I didn't think they can be playing during game play. A&M was constantly doing it last night but never got warned about it. Does anyone know how that works?

Yeah, I kind of thought they played at times when they weren’t suppose to, but their band was better than their team, so they were fighting back.  😁 There were some classy moments, like when they thanked Auburn for hosting them.  

7 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Yeah, I kind of thought they played at times when they weren’t suppose to, but their band was better than their team, so they were fighting back.  😁 There were some classy moments, like when they thanked Auburn for hosting them.  

They no doubt did a great job, particularly at half-time. But then some real head-scratching moments. For example, the light show/hype video between the 3rd and 4th quarter, it seemed they tried to drown that out. Playing during gameplay though, I thought was pretty bad.