Vs Alabama A&M Post Game Thread

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re very demanding.

Maybe he’s just like his father, too bold…

On another note, worst streaming experience I’ve had for a game. 
I wonder if the playback will have the same gaps…

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

I thought that was the bourbon. 🥃

• Haha 1

The Freeze Four looked great

Thorne looks more confident 

The line play looks to be improved 

Its really hard to gage our potential against this inferior of an opponent 

The best part of the night for me was actually beating an inferior team like we should...👍

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Its really hard to gage our potential against this inferior of an opponent 

The best part of the night for me was actually beating an inferior team like we should...👍

I agree and compare it to last year.

Last year in the opener we just shoved the running game down their throats and overpowered them.

The school up the road did the same with WKU tonight.

I am heartened by the fact that the team brought a balanced, game day approach and executed it and it worked.  It wasn't just a "Rip em apart and get it done" approach.  It was a organized scrimmage with an offensive playbook executed well and a defense that did what it should.

It was what I wanted to see.  Some mild risk was taken but reward was great.  The young WR Corps got a workout and showed they could catch balls in traffic, they could score, they could run routes.

It was what I wanted to see.  We very well could've done what the other fellas did and what we did in the opener last year and just run it down their throats and worn them out.  We didn't.

Test comes next week with Cal.  We have a body of work from last year to compare it to.  I'm not popping champagne on beating a cupcake but I liked what I saw more than I did this time last year. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Maybe he’s like his mother— never satisfied.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It also felt like a gameplan that was proof of concept-y. You could easily see Knight be called upon in some of the same ways as Thorne today. All of the heralded receivers were involved. 

Just got home from being at the game. I don't know when the last time AU dominated when they should have to this degree. Very refreshing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

This is asinine. Let’s keep the ball rolling. Won’t truly know what this team is til Oklahoma.

This gives me hope. Yes, against a very inferior team of course , but PT looked good, threw some pretty passes and the new receivers, portal guys and true freshman showed, it’s going to take a hell of a secondary to keep up with them rotating in and out.  WDE. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AUDrew said:

Test comes next week with Cal.

Think we hang 50 on them. 

• Like 3

Exactly..not encouraging. I've seen keyron Crawford might be better than McLeod. We need more pressure. Got time to figure it out.

• Like 1

Was a great game- shout out to the helicopters and the Auburn fan James that let me hitch hike a couple miles back to my brothers house since Ubers were 65 dollars a ride 🙌🏻

• Wow 1

As fun as this was the only really big takeaway SEC wide today is that Billy Napier is cooked at UF. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Nobody gonna mention the comical absurdity of shortening the quarters in the 2nd half? That's something that happens in little league or something you read about that happened in the 1920s lmao

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Nobody gonna mention the comical absurdity of shortening the quarters in the 2nd half? That's something that happens in little league or something you read about that happened in the 1920s lmao

In a monstrous blowout like that whatever. We literally beat them by 10 TDs. Both coaches agreed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Maybe he’s like his mother— never satisfied.

Yeah well.

This is what it sounds like…

when fans cry…

Edited by CCTAU
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

I thought I had blacked out.

Was watching with the sound off, and I had no idea about this new rule.

I knew I had seen the 2nd half kickoff, but then we blocked the punt and came back from commercial and there was only 8:something minutes left. Questioned my whole reality in this time-space continuum for a few minutes before searching for rule changes.

Very well-prepared team. No real letdowns during the game. Saw no tremendous falloff when the 2nd and 3rd teams were in. 

Folks we looked like a disciplined well-coached team for the first time in years. To the naysayers last year, this is what we hired CHF to do. Last year was not his team. 

Like CNS losing to UAB @ LSU, like CNS losing to LAMO @ UAT, we were not what the coaches wanted us to be. We looked sharp, focused, and well-coached for the first time since the early CGM era. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

It was needed tbh, a game like that is almost torture for the team getting beat. I think Bama decided to not shorten the clock for their game 

• Like 1

Execution was what I wanted to see. Only complaints I have is we need to tighten up the turnovers and only 3 QB sacks by the defense? (may be by design?!? IDK). The receivers looked as advertised. PT looks comfortable. OLine looked good, albeit a much inferior defense but still… clean up the penalties and TO’s and it could be a special year! Cal looked really bad so I don’t know if we really know what we have until we play Arky..

alli know is had had a dang hoot last night! i have not had tht much fun in months and i needed it bad. let me say it is grea to be an auburn tiger.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

This is actually quite common.  We have done this in the past.  AND we have let the second half clock run without stopping between plays etc. 

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

I think we were containing the QB more than trying hard to get a sack. Don’t know though. That stays a problem. 

Great night though. I was impressed with our defense. They had a lot of physical hits but they pulled up on a lot of potential kill shots. Thought we were very respectful despite dominating

• Like 3